Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm sad that there isn't more gushing over Cinnamon Girl. I am so excited to hear that one and thought for sure everyone would be losing their minds over it. I guess if there is no bridge then its probably because Lana herself teased half the song on instagram.. maybe it will change when the album is out in HQ. I was also really hoping that the verse we had was actually a bridge. It seems like a weird melody to start a song with.

I'm looking forward to Happiness is a Butterfly, California, Bartender, the title track... :flutter: and obviously Cinnamon Girl.

I'm so excited for Cinnamon Girl, Love song and California. Actually, for the whole album, but I adore those three songs from the snippets. And from the songs she released so far, there's not a single one I don't like. This is so rare

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Nothing to see here! Post 666. Just move along!!!

FIILY > The Greatest. Grammy for Best-use-of-expletive-in-a-song incoming!

Am I the only one who thinks not including the final version of Behind Closed Doors on NFR was a missed opportunity? It has possibly her best bridge, and it fits perfectly the mood of the album.

BTW and off topic, does anybody know a good theory for why Frank Ocean called his last album Blonde? LDR's reference to Kanye in The Greatest (partly based on photographic evidence), made me think about Frank's use of of the word, although I believe LDR and Frank are on good terms, artist respect-wise. Would he be an example of blonde but not gone? It's also interesting that Tyler the Creator has been blonde recently.

I'm sad that there isn't more gushing over Cinnamon Girl. I am so excited to hear that one and thought for sure everyone would be losing their minds over it. I guess if there is no bridge then its probably because Lana herself teased half the song on instagram.. maybe it will change when the album is out in HQ. I was also really hoping that the verse we had was actually a bridge. It seems like a weird melody to start a song with.

I'm looking forward to Happiness is a Butterfly, California, Bartender, the title track... :flutter: and obviously Cinnamon Girl.

I’m looking forward to hearing Cinnamon Girl in HQ. I caved and listened to the leak when it happened and without too much detail I’ll tell y’all, even that LQ iPhone recording had me shook

(Spoiler containing lyrical content of Cinnamon Girl):

It does have a bride, it’s just that Lana teased it in one of her 37385948 insta snippets. It’s the chorus sung in a higher octave and then an instrumental outro that, again, had me ascending even in LQ. It sounds absolutely heavenly and deserves to be the mid/turning point in the album over HTD, imo.

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Fresh out of fucks forever  :godlaugh:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

can't believe that in 5 whole days, we will have an incredible record to listen to in hq and a new tour starting september!  :krylie: 

i'm putting out good intentions that she switches up the setlist and maybe has a cute stage design. god bless the universe, the ocean, you & me

can't believe that in 5 whole days, we will have an incredible record to listen to in hq and a new tour starting september! :krylie:

i'm putting out good intentions that she switches up the setlist and maybe has a cute stage design. god bless the universe, the ocean, you & me

Let's channel those thoughts and put them out in the universe !. I badly want her to do a NFR exclusive tour+ Video games and BTD.

Let's channel those thoughts and put them out in the universe !. I badly want her to do a NFR exclusive tour+ Video games and BTD.

what? no

giphy.gif

Eww!!! NFR + Honeymoon songs she’s never done live.

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day