Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Hi I'm new! I've been reading this thread since september and I'm so ready for this album. Can't wait to discuss with all of you in the post-release thread.

So far I've only listened to MAC and Venice Bitch (don't know how I've done it honestly). For those who have listened to the leak, I'm curious to know if those two songs give a good idea of the sound of the whole project?

Thanks!

Mac and VB have sisters and their names are FIILY

And the greatest

Hi I'm new! I've been reading this thread since september and I'm so ready for this album. Can't wait to discuss with all of you in the post-release thread. 

So far I've only listened to MAC and Venice Bitch (don't know how I've done it honestly). For those who have listened to the leak, I'm curious to know if those two songs give a good idea of the sound of the whole project?

Thanks! 

IMO, not really ... but it's impossible to tell for sure until I hear it in hq.

Basically, you can just dismiss ANYTHING she said about the album in terms of descriptions ... imo, she is way off ... but she sucks at describing stuff so I wasn't surprised. I am just not hearing half the influences 'n' shit she said existed. For example, I do not hear RHCP in any of it.

Of all the NFR songs, I would put MAC in my top three at this point, although without hq I can't be sure. Obviously this is personal preference only.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The bridges thing is so weird, its almost like she did it on purpose to make some kind of point, simply because most all of her other songs do have them. The songs are pretty long even without bridges though, so maybe that was the reason. I remember one of the old interviews with Rick where he said he thought bridges made their songs more "timeless", but oddly enough I feel the opposite - like there is something old-timey about only having verse chorus verse chorus. And the songs on this albums so far are some of her most "timeless" work I think, bridges aside.

Side note, I also thought he sounded crazy in that interview when he said "no one writes bridges anymore". I have a hard time coming up with more songs by comparable female artists that don't have a bridge versus than ones that do. They are usually pretty weak bridges, sure, but they are there.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

wow all this praise is making me more excited to listen to HIAB than cinnamon gorl

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I really really really really disliked the snippets she shared of HIAB and it was the song I was the least excited for HOWEVER

listening to the HQ leak, I really love the track now. The songwriting is still lackluster but hearing every part of the song in the context of the full thing just sounds so ... right. I love the producion and her vocal delivery is pretty good ("Do you want me or doooo yoooou nooooooot. IIIIIIII heard one thiiiin, now I'm hearing another")

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm sad that there isn't more gushing over Cinnamon Girl. I am so excited to hear that one and thought for sure everyone would be losing their minds over it. I guess if there is no bridge then its probably because Lana herself teased half the song on instagram.. maybe it will change when the album is out in HQ. I was also really hoping that the verse we had was actually a bridge. It seems like a weird melody to start a song with. 

I'm looking forward to Happiness is a Butterfly, California, Bartender, the title track...  :flutter: and obviously Cinnamon Girl. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.