Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

probably because many of us don't feel we've heard the same vocals live or she's avoided them entirely by doing a higher pitch. that doesn't take away the fact she does have a damn good voice and loads of people use autotune. she had a very cinematic sound originally that is damn hard to recreate live anyway 

what song are you talking about specifically? there are countless examples of her doing low vocals live (e.g. ride at Langs de Leeuw, blue jeans/born to die at the itunes festival). i think it has more to do with controlling her breath on stage, which she's not really that good at, whether that's due to nerves or whatever. that could easily interfere with her ability to sustain low notes. it's gonna be a different scenario when she's calm and relaxed in the studio setting with the chance for several vocal takes until she is satisfied

just saw the scary stories film n my fav part was the credits where they played lana's cover of season of the witch tbh

i haven’t seen it but my friend did and she sent me an audio recording of it from the theater and u can hear her friends talking and then she’s like “SHH i’m recording it for *my name*” it was so cute

UbsOye5.png

this post needs exactly 2 likes in order for me to have 6666 likes in total

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

praise to satan, in the heights he lits and the deeps where now he sits 

ew, no, just journaling  number-OCD-ing 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

So we are kinda close to getting her BBC live lounge performance which will most likely come with footage of her singing whatever song she did.

Do you all agree it will most likely be "The Greatest"?

So we are kinda close to getting her BBC live lounge performance which will most likely come with footage of her singing whatever song she did.

I think it'll be Doin' Time plus another cover

giphy.gif

It was confirmed she sang two songs which weren’t on the album. One of which we haven’t heard.

They said she performed two covers, one which we already heard at the time, which was Doin' Time. The second one was probably Season of the Witch 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

what song are you talking about specifically? there are countless examples of her doing low vocals live (e.g. ride at Langs de Leeuw, blue jeans/born to die at the itunes festival). i think it has more to do with controlling her breath on stage, which she's not really that good at, whether that's due to nerves or whatever. that could easily interfere with her ability to sustain low notes. it's gonna be a different scenario when she's calm and relaxed in the studio setting with the chance for several vocal takes until she is satisfied

it’s lanaboards, people on here always believe whatever they want it’s always been like that. body electric live has some deep growling i guess and ride is probably the song where she has the longest set of continues deep notes to hit, and she was pretty much abled to.

she skips on pretty many high notes as well and let’s the crowd sing them that doesn’t mean she’s not abled to actually sing them as well.

the worms... on here i swear...

i76mrxw.png 

lana’s singing style mostly is a slurry mumbling whisper mess since (mid) uv tbh she could never serve paradise tour heart shaped box or even studio ride high note nowadays which is probably the most annoying thing about the new songs as well.

i know she does it as a stylistic device and for “aesthetic” and her elvis reverb clap back whatever style but it just sounds like she forgot how to open her mouth sometimes, i’m honestly not surprised people still belittle her vocal delivery and don’t take it seriously when she kinda does it to herself.

Did I write this? I feel like she just sings like she doesn't care nowadays, doesn't reach high notes even in the studio, her delivery is very subpar/weird to me, like she mumbles and half talks most of the lyrics. Or overuses reverb or tries to drown her voice with the mixing and ultimately sound like a whisper? In other words

it's lazy and annoying

I think it'll be Doin' Time plus another cover

They said she performed two covers, one which we already heard at the time, which was Doin' Time. The second one was probably Season of the Witch 

That is so awesome.

A HQ recording of Doin Time is so welcome :flutter:

do some of y'all even like her or the way she sings lmfaooooo

LOVE Lana, but I'm not blind or deaf either, I know some of the things she does are quesionable, but I love her and her nonsense nevertheless  :ohmy:

im pretty sure she used a lot more autotune on born to die  :toofunny:

i wasn’t talking about vocal filters, i meant her singing style where she alternates from a husky voice to a baby one. you can hear it in her lives up to her endless summer tour. lana was replaced just like avril!

Cooing is Lana’s thing - same with Mazzy Star. She did it on Born to Die too.

But she does bring out vocals every now and then - especially her almost operatic head voice. Glad to hear it return on the title track.