Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

ma’am she’s like half orgasming the song in her little kitty girl voice that has nothing to do with the production on her vocals

parts of the studio version sound very lizzy probably the most lizzy vocals next to lolita and radio

I don't agree, her voice is like that in the demo of blue jeans.. The studio version uses totally a filter

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Didn't she said her natural voice is high? I think she just got used to it now and uses her natural voice more.

She also alludes to singing higher in one of her poems: "My voice is higher, now I'm over you"

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

She also alludes to singing higher in one of her poems: "My voice is higher, now I'm over you"

maybe she sang lower to symbolize sadness you can tell even on btd the happier song (radio & lolita) she sings in her higher voice  :creep:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Today I experienced something beautiful and I hope nobody minds if I share it here.

I've spent the whole week in a city that's really close to the ocean, and today was my last day there. I went on the beach to see the sunset and I put Venice Bitch as the sun was setting down. It was magical but it also gave me a bittersweet feeling because the line "as the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay" had never felt that true. I could still hear the sound of the waves crashing down with the music in my ears. I wrote something for the boy I love on the sand, and I sent it to him with the sunset and the song. And he replied by "this is so beautiful omg" and knowing him, it was a rare moment of him sharing his feelings. Then the song ended and I walked along the beach as the sun was fading away completely. And I think that's what was missing to make me appreciate VB a lot more. Now, it's definitely a special song to me.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

gotta admit although i know it was heavily autotuned i do miss lower voiced lana, made all her songs so much more emotive for me and i think that's why although i look forward to some of the NFR songs i've heard so far i don't feel i'm being punched in the gut the same 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I don't agree, her voice is like that in the demo of blue jeans.. The studio version uses totally a filter

well that’s mostly because that demo is very raw and has very little vocal production or layering (and lowkey sounds like its recorded on her iphone’s garageband app) whereas the remastered album version has plenty of both

i76mrxw.png 

Today I experienced something beautiful and I hope nobody minds if I share it here.

I've spent the whole week in a city that's really close to the ocean, and today was my last day there. I went on the beach to see the sunset and I put Venice Bitch as the sun was setting down. It was magical but it also gave me a bittersweet feeling because the line "as the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay" had never felt that true. I could still hear the sound of the waves crashing down with the music in my ears. I wrote something for the boy I love on the sand, and I sent it to him with the sunset and the song. And he replied by "this is so beautiful omg" and knowing him, it was a rare moment of him sharing his feelings. Then the song ended and I walked along the beach as the sun was fading away completely. And I think that's what was missing to make me appreciate VB a lot more. Now, it's definitely a special song to me.

Can I give u a hug, bc. That's so innocent and pure and like mygod tumblr_m5uri6sjJe1qzkvmxo1_500.gif we need more fucking moments like these i fucking swear 

UV/Honeymoon

That's so pure and beautiful, wish I could experience moments like these 

everyone uses autotune to enhance the vocals and to get rid of any extra noises or cracks it's pretty obvious there was more autotune on btd you can tell with some of the demos compared to the final versions but i think it fit the music since it was pretty pop/trip hop based, the guy who produced video games said he didn't alter her voice at all he just used what she already had recorded

i love you, but you don't understand me.