Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

yeah because critics in 2014 were biased as fuck and sexist and then decided to switch it up when she smiled on lust for life

Some tea was spilled today. If only they gave her the time of day back when Lana started out. Could’ve been a completely different artist to what we have now.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Anyone else hearing the mic quality difference in Cinnamon Girl? The first part sounds pretty bad in terms of microphone quality, till "you tried to push me out". It's VERY clear

Honestly, this is quite messy :rip:

This album is so good. My first listen was disturbed by my brother, so I'm excited to listen again uninterrupted, haha. On that initial listen my favourites were the singles/pre-singles, Happiness Is A Butterfly, California and I'm surprised how much I like The Next Best American Record after being worried about the lyrical changes. Definitely worth the wait!

I mean if she didn't care AT ALL she would be May Jailer

No, she wouldn't be, considering Lana was trashed by critics for even adopting the LDR persona in the first place. Thankfully, she stuck to her guns. :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Anyone else hearing the mic quality difference in Cinnamon Girl? The first part sounds pretty bad in terms of microphone quality, till "you tried to push me out". It's VERY clear

Yes I noticed that but I assumed they wanted the vocals more filtered for the first lines but it's probably just another tiny cute little fuck-up lol

Ultraviolence got a nice reception. Just about what it deserves. But I love how y'all setting up excuses already. 

tenor.gif

aren't you the stan holding some stupid grudge against Interscope/Polydor though? Talking about excuses.

I know I'm late to the party but omfg this is amazing. I really needed this leak. Going through opoid withdraws and this is literally melting away all the frustrations that have been building up in my life.

Norman will conquer all the other albums when it comes to acclaim because it's her magnum opus. It's simple as that.

No one will buy into the conspiracy theories that Ultraviolence and Honeymoon stans are working overtime to come up with.

tenor.gif

to the person earlier who said that NFR reminded them slightly of Paradise rather than UV or HM, i honestly agree

Bartender reminds me of Bel Air

Cinnamon Girl and Love Song combined imo makes American (beat heavy, moody vs airy and orchestral)

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Yes I noticed that but I assumed they wanted the vocals more filtered for the first lines but it's probably just another tiny cute little fuck-up lol

Imagine it being recorded from her iPhone :rip:

aren't you the stan holding some stupid grudge against Interscope/Polydor though? Talking about excuses.

"Lana has been repressed by her label and some of the songs show that, but omg, this is her magnum opus." 

It makes no sense.  :lmao:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I just listened all the way through and I feel... cleansed. I really needed that. The album was very immersive and almost hypnotic for me, it's like I'm still in Lana's dream world and I haven't snapped out of that headspace yet. I don't understand how people can really hear NFR and not feel emotionally moved.

Here are just some initial thoughts: I got literal goosebumps during Love Song and Cinnamon Girl. I actually like the production on How to Disappear. I thought it was just a stripped back piano ballad when the Apple version came out and now I think the beats added something extra and exciting to it. I hated on Hope earlier in this thread, but I appreciate it a lot more now that I gave it a closer, more respectful listen. It truly is poetic and personal. I like how she's been ending albums with thought-provoking tracks like this, signaling where she currently is mentally.

This album is a mix of everything that makes Lana so good. I do see the Lizzy Grant vibes that everyone's talking about. There's also bits of Born to Die in there with tracks like HTD. Bartender reminds me of those deep Paradise-era vocals that I love so much. Venice Bitch is an echo of the melancholy psychedelia of UV. And while she does stick to certain themes in lots of the lyrics, none of the album feels truly recycled to me. NFR very much has its own unique, cohesive sound and I can understand her vision. This is the return of the brilliance that I feared we'd lost with LFL.

I hereby declare Norman Fucking Rockwell to be a masterpiece!

(I do feel a tinge of guilt because 4 or 5 days ago I was telling myself I'd be strong and refuse to listen to l***s. I didn't listen to the l****d version of LFL at all. But this time we just waited too long and I had to. I'm not going to listen again until Friday so it'll still feel fresh.)

to the person earlier who said that NFR reminded them slightly of Paradise rather than UV or HM, i honestly agree

Bartender reminds me of Bel Air

Cinnamon Girl and Love Song combined imo makes American (beat heavy, moody vs airy and orchestral)

I said that! I do think especially the ending of Cinnamon is very Blue Jeans/BTD as well so it feels kind very BTD/Paradise influenced to me