Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The amount of cattiness and off-topic posts in this thread is absolutely insane! C'mon guys, the pre-release era is supposed to be a fun time and the official release is so soon, why fight with one another?

Remember, if the post doesn't have anything to do with Norman Fucking Rockwell, please do not post it in this thread. Post it in a thread it belongs in or create a new one if one does not exist. Also, a general "don't poke the bear" rule.. don't engage in fights, that only keeps the fire alive. Just let it die and move on. I really do hate giving out WPs for any reason, but after this point, if I continue to see extended off-topic arguments, mods & I will be handing them out. Keep the excitement and joy alive, don't overshadow it with derailing negativity!! x

(also please do not post random off-topic posts with intentions of "getting to 4000 pages." That only promotes empty spam posts, which makes me uneasy to see.)

Yep. UV and HM are being used as ammo to try build NFR up at the moment.

source.gif

In regard to the different FIILYs:

The single version leads into Doin' Time better, but the actual album version is a lot more trip-hoppy, which I always dig from her. Woulda been a lot nicer if the vocals weren't so demo-y, tho

I really wish I hadn't read y'all impressions about California before I listened to the song because I pressed play expecting a lot and it didn't live up to my expectations. It's a good track but you guys made it sound like it was the second coming of West Coast or sum :rip:

It's a lot like a Freak variant imo, which I LOVE 

UV/Honeymoon

Yep. UV and HM are being used as ammo to try build NFR up at the moment.

Everyone had hopes that Love Song would morph into some psychedelic warfare (which it didn't) and now they're all trying to convince themselves that "it's beautiful because it's subdued!!!" 

If a subdued song is what u wanted, why did u hope for it to turn into the opposite. :rip:

it’s funny because even though most of my listening diet is slow songs that never build up to anything and i adore lana’s more subdued songs, there’s something about love song that makes me think there will be a crescendo and then it just never comes, leaving me unsatisfied

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

also, why do i feel personally victimized by lana when i listen to bartender? i feel like ha ass is coming to kill my ass. it's such a crazy song, but i love it so much. the wine mom that is addicted xanax JUMPED out. 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I love the record so much but I'm kinda feeling like "Is that it?". Like all the songs leave me waiting for more, they don't really HAPPEN. I don't know it's a weird feeling.

yesssssss so true

also, why do i feel personally victimized by lana when i listen to bartender? i feel like ha ass is coming to kill my ass. it's such a crazy song, but i love it so much. the wine mom that is addicted xanax JUMPED out. 

I haven't listened to it yet, but you're convincing me to. 

UV/Honeymoon

So one sec, gen, which version of FIILY made the vinyls? Bc I'm kinda digging the version we got today.. They're both so good fuck

Ur not alone ahhhhhhhh

Yess, King. I’m glad you’re loving it tbh. Can’t wait to get the physical so I can cry in my car. Unfortunately my AUX input in my car fucked up and I can’t listen to it until then :’(

Yess, King. I’m glad you’re loving it tbh. Can’t wait to get the physical so I can cry in my car. Unfortunately my AUX input in my car fucked up and I can’t listen to it until then :’(

Already have these places that I want to drive to too when I get the disc and vinyl. Just wowow. I really dont wanna cry, but I'm sure I'll shed a tear or two graaaah, make em good tears 'Jay

UV/Honeymoon