Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

okay so quick q: if you had to pick one movie that feels similar to the way the album feels, what would it be?

Blue Sky (a woman falling apart, her romantic counterpart is a genius in his field but sort of an asshole). It feels more unhinged than NFR, but I definitely thought of it while listening I'm biased cause I'm a huge Jessica Lange fan tho

maybe i’m reaching but i really felt like california was about Francesco..............

Wot? No. 

He's married and she's legit inviting whoever it is to move to California and "hit her up".  

Plus she basically sings about having ghosted whoever it was, which was Barrie. Plus Barrie was "dark" and being from Scotland he probably hated the heat. 

It's either about Barrie or Ben Mawson. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The album is near perfect. I even like the new version of BAR tbh. It really grew on me. I’m just really disappointed by HTD. That instrumental is whack lol. It fucks with the whole mood of the song. Plus the auto tune used on her voice is really not it.

I actually wouldnt mind the stripped back version of FIILY

The album is near perfect. I even like the new version of BAR tbh. It really grew on me. I’m just really disappointed by HTD. That instrumental is whack lol. It fucks with the whole mood of the song. Plus the auto tune used on her voice is really not it.

Have to respectfully disagree. I like how lowkey kooky HtD is. Sorta makes the lyrics sound sadder without being too seeped in. The guitars sort of remind you of some kind of melancholy which I love

UV/Honeymoon

too many posts in this thread to see if it’s been said before but i think the kid and two cats in the yard in htd are chuck and alex n ashley

actually i think its a lyrical reference to "our house" by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

giphy.gif

‪I cannot wrap my head around how upset some fans are about this album leak. Lana—a millionaire—is sitting in a mansion in the Hollywood Hills rn, completely unbothered by the ppl listening to leaks. ‬Meanwhile some people online are acting like fans stole an armful of cd’s from a table at a DIY show.‬ ‪The NFR leak will have virtually no impact on Lana’s quality of life/career, so why are people so pressed?

I love Lana with my entire heart, but it seems so silly to guilt fans as though she’s not perfectly comfortable in a system where the rich guiltlessly hoard the vast majority of this country’s wealth, and we all need to eat said system’s ass + beg for forgiveness any time we step out of line.‬ ‪Not to mention, most of the ppl listening to leaks are fans who’ve already pre-ordered tour tickets, merch, AND the record, so it’s not as if the album went viral to rampant freeloaders.

I know it’s going to get brought up again if and when the record doesn’t measure up as projected in sales or rating—even though we all know it’s a timing/promotion issue more than anything else. Granted, it can be considered “disrespectful” to the artist to have their art shared before launch, and I’ve been seeing that side of the argument all over Twitter as well. But albums get leaked all the time, and some people are acting like Lana is holed up in an attic crying into her starbucks cup over NFR getting leaked 3 days early. PLS make it make sense. :(