Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

All that leads up to Norman Fucking Rockwell, a total stunner of an album that feels perfectly attuned to its moment.

A few seconds in, Del Rey sings one of the all-time great album-opening lines: “Goddamn, manchild / You fucked me so good that I almost said, ‘I love you.’”

The sound of Norman Fucking Rockwell evokes cabaret bar in a lost, half-imagined late-’60s dreamworld, dwelling on that same fragile and hopeful glamor as Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood did. 

“Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have – And I Have It” — quite possibly the finest and most realized piece of work that Del Rey has ever written or sung. 

Del Rey released “Hope Is A Dangerous Thing” a few days into 2019, and I’m still not over it. I don’t know if I’ll ever get over it. I don’t know if I’ll ever get over the rest of Norman Fucking Rockwell, either. It’s a beautiful opus for a new dark age — a fond look back at the world we just wrecked. Lana Del Rey always knew how fucked we are. And if we’re just catching up now, that’s our fault, not hers.

https://www.stereogum.com/2056565/lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell-review/franchises/premature-evaluation/

bd4.gif

so I guess we're just going to die knowing that we never made it to 4000 huh

POST MORE  :hoe:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

THE INTRO OF CALI FUCKING FORNIA :gclap: and the chorus :worship: :legend:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The FACT THAT I CRYING TO CINNAMON GIRL RIIGHT NOW: I DONT WANT THIS OR THE ALBUM TO END PLEASEE LAST FOREVER :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:THE ALBUM FEELS TO SHORT

SAME  :lmao: the way she effortlessly came up with the best song of all-time. i really have to laugh so i don't start crying.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

tenor.gif

3800 is a respectable amount of pages. Let's make it our goal.

I'm delusional cuz I still want to reach 4000. Go big or go home

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

SAME  :lmao: the way she effortlessly came up with the best song of all-time. i really have to laugh so i don't start crying.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

tenor.gif

AFTER THIS SONG  MY LFE MAKE FINALLY SENSE AGAIN :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :sadcore6:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I literally gave you all a month in advance to prepare to reach 4000 cowards :monica:

Reach 4000 or ELSE (I’ll kidnap you & you’ll be forced to listen to Coachella over & over for a straight month. You think I won’t? I’m a Floridian, my crackhead powers are far too strong).

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

I keep thinking about Lana in the blonde wig being such a full circle moment. This is a reach, but it gave me the impression of her AKA persona suffering another heartbreak, and then we see the Lana persona (literally) bigger than ever reaching out and taking revenge. Then the cute moment where they smile at each other right before they leave. My favorite part of the music video~

AFTER THIS SONG  MY LiFE MAKE FINALLY SENSE AGAIN :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :sadcore6:

Sorry for the double post

I'm on my second listen and I feels like I'm on drugs

OiUHEXQ.jpg