Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Ultraviolence. I was going through a really awful breakup with a really awful, abusive person at the time, and Ultraviolence came out right in the middle of it. It was the first time I felt an emotional, almost painful connection to Lana's music. I sobbed straight through Ultraviolence and Shades of Cool. I think it really helped me get through the whole ordeal, and I've had a really unique connection to the album since then. Born to Die is my favorite in terms of aesthetics, but Ultraviolence will always hold that #1 because of its significance to me personally.

this made me very sad to read. but also very comforted to know that other people have such deep personal connections to her <3

giphy.gif

It’s sad how some people have such lack of taste. I feel bad for the people who can’t appreciate the discography highlight that is ‘hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it’. I hope the day will come when people will finally be ready for this song, but for right now it’s just too ahead of its time for some people.

Considering what a scary time we’re in right now and how dark both the album and that song are, it means a lot to me that it’s still hopeful and so is she. I have to believe that we can still make it through, so I appreciate the song. I love art that manages to be honest and dark but still be hopeful

Question that’s kinda NFR related: Do y’all sometimes listen to her albums on shuffle or do you always listen in order?

When its a new album i listen to the new tracks only but once they get overplayed i listen to the whole thing in order. I always skip Lust for Life tho.

fav lana album and why it's so important to you?

Honeymoon, when everything in my life was going crazy and out of control, it brought me peace. It's honestly like a drug to me, but also NFR is going to be very important i already know that, I'm going through a lot of changes in my life right now and the record feels like a warm hug right now

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

A REMINDER

dm me your nfr songs ranking from 1 to 14 if you want to be a part of our joint ranking list we're making

people already dm-ed me so don't let this flop

you can post it on here too but tag me

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Honeymoon, and it will always be honeymoon for some reasons detailed in my fresh blog post abt it. Norman's cute tho. They're all cute in their own way, but honeymoon's beautiful.

locals only

The video for me kind of evoked a sadness despite her stumbling around tinsel town as a giant goddess to an upbeat song. The way she came across on the silver screen gazing down at her old self was a really haunting moment, it was as if Lizzy had been frozen in time and nothing had ever changed since her fame. She's stuck in limbo in a cold and dark town surrounded by alcohol and drugs and bad guys treating her wrong. And not even Lana can truly escape the screen (fame) and come and rescue her because she's in too deep.  Remember at the end of LFL when Lana said she'd try and get herself out of the black and into the blue? Well it seems as if Lizzy is still stuck despite the efforts of her strong persona guiding her out, perhaps explains why the album is still very sad and ends on a dark song...

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Honeymoon because the production of the songs is amazing, it's cohesive (both sonically and lyrically), and the song transitions make me orgasm.

I also love Lust for Life because of the aesthetics and hip-hop influences.

reading about why each album is important to everyone is such a nice experience that reminds me of why i love to write and create so much. it's cathartic for myself but if i could help other achieve it too, then that'd be what would keep me doing stuff.

giphy.gif

suggestions for Lana's next album title?

imo she should call it: "it may be the end of the world but i'm still thinking about sex"

"Valerie".. paying homage to Amy's song and LanaBoards' best member

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

A REMINDER

dm me your nfr songs ranking from 1 to 14 if you want to be a part of our joint ranking list we're making

you can post it on here to but tag me

Why not make a thread for it tomorrow when the album is out? @@loleetah made similar rankings for each album last year I think.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The video for me kind of evoked a sadness despite her stumbling around tinsel town as a giant goddess to an upbeat song. The way she came across on the silver screen gazing down at her old self was a really haunting moment, it was as if Lizzy had been frozen in time and nothing had ever changed since her fame. She's stuck in limbo in a cold and dark town surrounded by alcohol and drugs and bad guys treating her wrong. And not even Lana can truly escape the screen (fame) and come and rescue her because she's in too deep.  Remember at the end of LFL when Lana said she'd try and get herself out of the black and into the blue? Well it seems as if Lizzy is still stuck despite the efforts of her strong persona guiding her out, perhaps explains why the album is still very sad and ends on a dark song...

Add ha to the honeymoon canon of Lana-Lizzy relations

locals only

A REMINDER

you can post it on here too but tag me

whens the deadline of submitting rankings?