Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i'm telling you, sis left miss Lana behind in Swan Song!

conspiracy/theory under the belt

"Why work so hard when you could just be free? You've got your money, now you've got your legacy, let's leave the world for the ones who change everything." Pop stardom ---> Legend status, to the likes of Bob Dylan and Joan Baez. It can only be reached if naive themes and lyrics are left behind for personal growth and awareness.

Let's say Lana and Liz are two different entities in this song. Liz tells Lana it's time to move forward, guiding her towards the light that is LFL (a more universal, thoughtful record).

"And I will never sing again, and you won't work (to keep up appearances/fake it) another day" - Lana to Lizzy

"You've been gone so long, you missed everything. The world can change in a day if you go away." Could be Lana to Lizzy, saying "I've been keeping up the appearances, where are you?" "Do you like where you've been and where you're going to?" Or, it could be Lizzy to Lana, saying she's been trapped in her own cinematic universe, completely unaware of the real world happenings.

"Say goodnight to the life and the world you knew," - Lizzy to Lana

and Lana back to Liz: "I'm gonna follow you."

Do you like where [we've] been and where [we're] going to?

Swan Song is not about a lover to me at all. it's like lana warned us that there was a great change in the discography to come, that "lana"- the bad girl, sad girl, glamorous beauty queen coney island lolita, would soon be no more. the past freezes over and they rise from the water where the ice meets

You're onto something here.. I don't know if you guys remember after the tropico premiere, she had this little written piece showing at the end. It said something crazy about her pretending like all the legends she looks up to are still alive and that she talks to them or whatever. I really believe her real world got taken over by her self-created dreamland. Maybe that's why she wants the tattoos removed? Not because she wants to blend in but it reminds her of how dissociated she was. Her tweet "Having a shared agreement on what the basis of reality and truth is is what holds the fabric of civilization together. " kinda plays into it as well. Our girl might have went crazier than we thought. So ready for everything to come though, MAC is so promising!

MAC is produced by Jack, she said the record is mostly produced by Jack and is coming early 2019.

Y'all are seriously reading too much into this.

Yes this is the lead single, Yes Venice Bitch is the second single, and yes, we will buy it regardless.

Lana isn't as abstruse as she used to be and only a few people are realizing that. I realized it as soon as she put Coachella on LFL.

MAC is produced by Jack, she said the record is mostly produced by Jack and is coming early 2019.

Y'all are seriously reading too much into this.

Yes this is the lead single, Yes Venice Bitch is the second single, and yes, we will buy it regardless.

Lana isn't as abstruse as she used to be and only a few people are realizing that. I realized it as soon as she put Coachella on LFL.

Lol it's obviously not the lead single. 0 promo and Lana saying she never expected it to be played anywhere and just wanted it to be out there as she liked the track.

And as if putting Coachella on LFL instead of having it as a standalone single was not the most abstruse thing to do ever

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This is gonna be her magnum opus i c an feel it

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

So y'all do we think Mariners is the lead?

The more thought I've put into it, the more I don't think it's the lead - There would have been more buzz and I presume an official music video (not the visual we got). I think she just wanted to introduce the era and this is the perfect first song to give us a teaser of what's to come. I think Venice Bitch will be the lead single and that's why they chose not release the tracks on the same day to avoid confusion?

Lana herself said she didn't expect the song to be played on radio, so surely if this was the lead single, promotion would've been prepared in advance. And I do believe MAC will be on the album, people seem sceptical but it wouldn't make sense to drop this a week before the potential lead single and not include it on the track list? She's clearly very proud of the song and the message it's sending out (like she was with Coachella), so I see it on the album.

I also don't see there being much promo in terms of Venice Bitch, I think she and her label know she's an albums artist and her dropping singles doesn't matter at all once the album is released... (See the Honeymoon and Lust For Life era's). I think that's why its kinda cool and logical (from a business perspective) to drop singles months in advance before the record. It allows some longevity for the era and I think we can expect more visuals this time with the album not coming til next year. I anticipate 4 singles (including MAC and VB) to be released before the album and then she'll either tour or just do festivals and no more singles or videos will be released.

Especially is there’s a poetry book coming.

I'd love for her to have turned some unreleased songs into poems, like RBFY or Yosemite... I was never keen on an unreleased album anyways, I think it ruin her discography, unless it was just outtakes from each album (BTD onwards).

I'd love for her to have turned some unreleased songs into poems, like RBFY or Yosemite... I was never keen on an unreleased album anyways, I think it ruin her discography, unless it was just outtakes from each album (BTD onwards).

I think it would be nice to have the unreleased songs, just to give her support for her old songs that I also love and heard a hundred times, maybe something like U2’s “Unreleased and rare”.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I think it would be nice to have the unreleased songs, just to give her support for her old songs that I also love and heard a hundred times, maybe something like U2’s “Unreleased and rare”.

I just think that because she has so many and such different styles it would be difficult for her to form a cohesive body of work for the fans. That's why if she were going to do it, I'd rather it just be outtakes from each album, like Yosemite, BAR, RBFY, LIB, Your Girl, AFFA, Hollywood, YCBTB etc.

I think it would be nice for an unreleased album like 20 years from now, but it's too early

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think it would be nice for an unreleased album like 20 years from now, but it's too early

DAMN sis 20y is basically a tad less than as long as I've lived maybe it's a bit too much omg. 

Do you think we'll ever get a best of or something? I would buy it only for collection purposes obviously but I wonder if she's the kind of artists fit for it. I mean even The Sugababes had a best of record

ZKcaooE.png

Do you think we'll ever get a best of or something?

I don't ever seeing it happen, the market has changed and nobody really releases greatest hits albums anymore... Maybe once she retires (her label will try and cash in) but I wouldn't be expecting and GH albums soon.

Considering its cover and music video I don’t think her label would let her do that with a lead single – no photoshoot, literally zero promo and mv using random scrapped footage – we know it’s typical Lana shit, but not with a lead single. It’s probably just her and Jack testing the waters and showing us what vibe we can expect from the new record. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Also, MAC deserves a real music video.

Lol it's obviously not the lead single. 0 promo and Lana saying she never expected it to be played anywhere and just wanted it to be out there as she liked the track.

And as if putting Coachella on LFL instead of having it as a standalone single was not the most abstruse thing to do ever

i think that lana didn't wanted us thirsty so we won't be ruining her plans anymore by leaking her songs bc we were too thirsty for something else......... 

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Considering its cover and music video I don’t think her label would let her do that with a lead single – no photoshoot, literally zero promo and mv using random scrapped footage – we know it’s typical Lana shit, but not with a lead single. It’s probably just her and Jack testing the waters and showing us what vibe we can expect from the new record. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

I think it's because MAC isn't the lead single and I don't think a release for it was planned... Lana said herself that she didn't expect the song to be played on radio and that she just put it out for herself, so she probably saw an opportunity with the scrapped HIAB music video and made us a little visual and then got Chuck to take a quick photo. I'm expecting the real music videos to begin with Venice Bitch.

I don't ever seeing it happen, the market has changed and nobody really releases greatest hits albums anymore... Maybe once she retires (her label will try and cash in) but I wouldn't be expecting and GH albums soon.

Yes I unfortunately agree :xcry: I'm basically only seeing that as a mean of getting a new shiny well-designed and made (!) official product but hey, this isn't fatherjohnmistyboards

ZKcaooE.png

i also think its them testing the waters because they wouldn't release the lead single in september and then the album all the way in february or march. that'd be too large of a gap

Since it’s also confirmed Chuck directed Venice Bitch mv we only can pray it’s not made of the same HIAB scrapped footage. On the other hand, she’s at least lipsyncing to HIAB in it (unlike UV and BAR mvs), so maybe if she’s still planning to release it we can put all the scenes into a real HIAB mv!

Best. Idol. Ever.  :toofunny:

Like someone said before, these tracks might not even be on the album. Just from the same album sessions that they liked but didn't make it onto the official tracklist so they decided to give them the justice they deserved and released them as singles

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I am so curious as to the tone & mood of the next record? 

I really miss her old style & iconic world she crafted...the mystery.  

& the Paradise Tour looks were Captivating & so Unique(to our time)

I fell in love with Lana because of the poetry (im so happy she's thinking of poetry book ) and relatable lyrics.

I really hate the whole categorizing her as "happy" or "sad" & also how fans keep pushing her to take us into the "blue" its annoying to me. 

like it is not her responsibility, she's just creating music & words & experiences for us to cherish thru her melodies... 

she shouldn't be caving to the critics, and I worry she is.. or was.. and I hope she sees she can do whatever she wants with her music and world...

I loved MAC & it was so subdued and solemn

I just wanna know what you all think?

do you see her changing & making a stupid "happy" music record as ppl want to stereotype it (I truly truly hope not) 

[i am not a fan of Bruno Mars happy clean music, and I just hope she remains REAL. like her cover for Mac was serving bad b*tch vibes & I love it]