Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Like someone said before, these tracks might not even be on the album. Just from the same album sessions that they liked but didn't make it onto the official tracklist so they decided to give them the justice they deserved and released them as singles

No, I think they're definitely on the album, the press release that Fader had said that 2 new singles would be released with the album to follow, surely if these were stand alones the press release would've said so?

No, I think they're definitely on the album, the press release that Fader had said that 2 new singles would be released with the album to follow, surely if these were stand alones the press release would've said so?

people here are super skeptical. just like how they thought an album wasn't coming after these songs, they now think these songs won't be on it. MAC and Venice Bitch are definitely on the album, the press release said so and so did lana in the annie mac interview

I really miss her old style

fans keep pushing her to take us into the "blue" its annoying to me. like it is not her responsibility

she shouldn't be caving to the critics, and I worry she is.. or was.. and I hope she sees she can do whatever she wants with her music and world...

do you see her changing & making a stupid "happy" music record as ppl want to stereotype it

Like I get what you're saying but I don't if that makes sense aha. It seems almost contradictory of itself... You want Lana to make the music she wants, but you're not willing to accept that this shift in tone is her decision? I think her "happier" sound is the most pure her music has ever been and I really don't think she's being pushed by fans or is trying to please critics.

I understand that you miss her older style (and you're not alone) but to discredit her new sound and suggest it's not genuine because you don't like it is a little, I dunno. 

people here are super skeptical. just like how they thought an album wasn't coming after these songs, they now think these songs won't be on it. MAC and Venice Bitch are definitely on the album, the press release said so and so did lana in the annie mac interview

Its because we know Lana likes to change her mind all the damn time, nothing is ever clear enough because she barely says anything. It's always news articles that are giving us the details. And last time that happened they told us that May 26 was the release date for Lust for Life.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It's always news articles that are giving us the details. And last time that happened they told us that May 26 was the release date for Lust for Life.

I quite like that she drip feeds us information through interviews etc. Obviously things didn't go to plan with Lust For Life, the May 26th release was obviously confirmed by Lana and her team before those articles were published, just like in almost interview leading up to May she said that Yosemite was her favourite song on the record. I was frustrated that she kept quiet up until the rumoured release date but maybe that's because they believed the album may have been completed in time.

Like I get what you're saying but I don't if that makes sense aha. It seems almost contradictory of itself... You want Lana to make the music she wants, but you're not willing to accept that this shift in tone is her decision? I think her "happier" sound is the most pure her music has ever been and I really don't think she's being pushed by fans or is trying to please critics.

I understand that you miss her older style (and you're not alone) but to discredit her new sound and suggest it's not genuine because you don't like it is a little, I dunno. 

I want her to write whatever it is that she sees fit; 

I just remember her Pitchfork interview after the LFL album was released & in the audio interview she mentioned after he asked her "are you happy? is this what the album is about" and she responded

"no, that's not what its about, I don't know what its about" and I just wonder if she herself even knows....

idk I am just curious as to what this next era is gonna be about. & I would like her to stick to her guns and not conform to the critics...

I don't know if anybody mentioned it but the whole second verse and especially the line "I fucked up, I know that, but Jesus..." fits the backlash she got for wanting to attend the Meteor festival quite well. MAC was most likely already finished, but because it just happens to work as a response, she decided to put it out there. That would explain why she didn't plan on having the song on the radio.

I want her to write whatever it is that she sees fit; 

I just remember her Pitchfork interview after the LFL album was released & in the audio interview she mentioned after he asked her "are you happy? is this what the album is about" and she responded

"no, that's not what its about, I don't know what its about" and I just wonder if she herself even knows....

idk I am just curious as to what this next era is gonna be about. & I would like her to stick to her guns and not conform to the critics...

Ah okay that's a little clearer, I mean like the interviewer from Pitchfork, the majority of people were under the impression that the LFL album was "happier", the lead single, the album art, the title. And maybe she was unsure whether it was happiness she was presenting at that time?

I think this album is 100% Lana doing what she wants and I expect the tone and mood to be heavier than LFL but the sentiment will still be positive and hopeful.

Ah okay that's a little clearer, I mean like the interviewer from Pitchfork, the majority of people were under the impression that the LFL album was "happier", the lead single, the album art, the title. And maybe she was unsure whether it was happiness she was presenting at that time?

I think this album is 100% Lana doing what she wants and I expect the tone and mood to be heavier than LFL but the sentiment will still be positive and hopeful.

I feel the same way. LFL, as she said, was for the fans in many ways. I'm really here for the personal growth, challenges, and introspection I feel like Lana is going to tackle with this project. Def great things to come! I love it when she doesn't question herself and is driven to her own ends. She's in control and we all are just along for a ride. Strap in, it's going to be beautiful.

I think people and critics especially are buying TOO much into the idea that she's happier now. The Pitchfork interview was so brilliant because she confronted the idea by saying she wasn't even sure where she was in terms of happiness. And that's true of anyone's life.

We prepare ourselves for a supposed "happy" record with optimism and self censorship, when the reality is that this will likely never be the case. Her coming to terms with a lightness in life doesn't mean that the heavier elements will disappear - it just means that, along with the darkness, she will also be able to encompass her other moods with a greater "clarity of inner dialogue" as she had described wayyyy before LFL.

You can see this with LFL itself - this was meant to be the "change" "happiness" album, and it still included many dark and deep cuts, the atmosphere of the album was never as light as we anticipated

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I dont know if MA or DBN are real titles, i dont think they are, but i liked them as lana songs and put together a tracklist that I would LOVE for this record

Lana Del Rey - Death By Naivety

01. Mariners Apartment Complex

02. Venice Bitch

03. Architecture

04. Death By Naivety

05. Bartender

06. Roses Bloom For You (Interlude)

07. Sylvia

08. Marie Antoinette

09. Happiness Is A Butterfly

10. Wild One

11. Cherry Blossom

12. Pawn Shop Blues

13. Yosemite

I think people and critics especially are buying TOO much into the idea that she's happier now. The Pitchfork interview was so brilliant because she confronted the idea by saying she wasn't even sure where she was in terms of happiness. And that's true of anyone's life.

We prepare ourselves for a supposed "happy" record with optimism and self censorship, when the reality is that this will likely never be the case. Her coming to terms with a lightness in life doesn't mean that the heavier elements will disappear - it just means that, along with the darkness, she will also be able to encompass her other moods with a greater "clarity of inner dialogue" as she had described wayyyy before LFL.

You can see this with LFL itself - this was meant to be the "change" "happiness" album, and it still included many dark and deep cuts, the atmosphere of the album was never as light as we anticipated

I agree, and this is beautifully said, thank you. This remind me of when I started stanning Lana, I was amazed at the amount of things we had in common, and one of them was how we turn our pain into something cathartic. And I personally believe that happiness, in default of being a butterfly, is actually a process not a destination and I'm sure she feels that way as well

ZKcaooE.png

I hope that this one IS to Lana, like her own UV 2.0. Not that she’d call it that to us... If she tried to intentionally and publicly recreate UV 2.0 I think people would actually get disappointed. Just because everyone who loved UV would hold it to that standard and I don’t think she’d be able to intentionally pull off a UV 2.0. I think this album will turn out to be more for herself, more personal, so indirectly it’ll feel and sound more like UV than Honeymoon and LFL did. But this’ll probably be a quick era, one where she’ll release and immediately forget about it and move onto the next because of whatever she’s going through personally, whether it’s good or bad. She’s always been so afraid to be 100% fully herself and I think UV proved that, how quick she moved from that to Honeymoon. When she taps into her real personal struggles and emotions, it’s like she wants to hide it again after she’s released it on an album and go back to the LDR character. I think that’s why I loved UV so much and didn’t care for LFL as much as I do UV. Idk maybe I’m wrong

Sorry for the essay lol I’ve got stoned-thoughts where I wanna keep talking when I shouldn’t....

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Mariners Apartment Complex (Demo Lyrics)

You took my horny out of context

At the gigaloo apartment complex

i ain't no rag doll bottom twink

I'm the void

The lightning

The cumfest

The kinda vers to make you wanna cum fast

The waters cool, come on

Take a swim

And who I am

Is with you on these beaches

The main bitch

The die hard

Not the mistress

On your knees, baby taste my sins

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I dont know if MA or DBN are real titles, i dont think they are, but i liked them as lana songs and put together a tracklist that I would LOVE for this record

Lana Del Rey - Death By Naivety

01. Mariners Apartment Complex

02. Venice Bitch

03. Architecture

04. Death By Naivety

05. Bartender

06. Roses Bloom For You (Interlude)

07. Sylvia

08. Marie Antoinette

09. Happiness Is A Butterfly

10. Wild One

11. Cherry Blossom