Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I was thinking, with the visuals in the video being quite basic that maybe this isn’t the official video; lust for life got uploaded to YouTube with a basic video at first and then the actual music video came later - just thinking there must be more to it especially if chuck called it a series.

Anyone else feel bad for not buying the single? I do I'm really broke :( I do feel bad about pirating it but if it's anything like LFL and the others I'm gonna end up buying the record on at least 5 platforms due to vinyls and various editions

ZKcaooE.png

I was thinking, with the visuals in the video being quite basic that maybe this isn’t the official video; lust for life got uploaded to YouTube with a basic video at first and then the actual music video came later - just thinking there must be more to it especially if chuck called it a series.

Doubt it think she meant she'll be shooting more videos in this style with the new songs and it will have a loose story.Get ready for more of Chucks work folks.

I don't think neither MAC, nor Venice bitch are the lead singles. I think they are just album tracks and she thought maybe these are the most fitting songs to just put out to end the summer. I believe the lead single will be announced on a larger scale and maybe come with a proper music video closer to the albums release, maybe in late october perhaps? or even november 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I dont think she really cares about making a transiton from Get Free into her new record, even though it would be absaloutely perfect. She's never done it before and i can see her pushing the idea aside. She's not the kind of person who dwells on her old music, she likes to move forward onto new things

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Isn't this the first era where it's gonna be cold during the pre release? I know BTD came out in January but that was before she had her main fanbase, she was too brand new. I think this record is gonna have some major autumn winter vibes. It already has a really cold, unsettling atmosphere to it with the low saturated cover for MAC. I honestly cant wait. Fall is the most exciting time of the year, so aside from Halloween and Christmas we're also gonna be excited about a new Lana album. Great timeszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz <3

The lyrics are so perfect. Like, every single word fits perfectly, i love what she created. I haven't been this hyped up for an album since UV i'm crying

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

I am a #hater. This song is the only valid excuse to say LFL sucks. It sounds literally discordant at times. Some parts are very nice, a lot of it, but that black and blue part legitimately hurts my ears like this is not an exaggeration, as soon as she says sometimes I turn my record off

The best thing about Get Free is the people on YouTube hinting at comparing it with Mr Watson by Cruel Youth, an actual masterpiece

ZKcaooE.png

Anyone else feel bad for not buying the single? I do I'm really broke :( I do feel bad about pirating it but if it's anything like LFL and the others I'm gonna end up buying the record on at least 5 platforms due to vinyls and various editions

No lmao this garageband demo is not worth my coin   :um3:

I am a #hater. This song is the only valid excuse to say LFL sucks. It sounds literally discordant at times. Some parts are very nice, a lot of it, but that black and blue part legitimately hurts my ears like this is not an exaggeration, as soon as she says sometimes I turn my record off

The best thing about Get Free is the people on YouTube hinting at comparing it with Mr Watson by Cruel Youth, an actual masterpiece

I hate it too - mostly because it's literally not her song. The lyrics are very poetic and cute (altho very cheesy), but the music from the verses are blatantly copied from Radiohead and she didn't even have the artistic integrity to own up to it. The chorus also is very out of place and clunky.

Yet it seems to be every Lana stan's favourite song. I don't get it!

same

I usually start LFL with 13 beaches...listen the holly trinity (13-cherry-WhiteMustang) - lately I skip Summer Bummer & Groupie love (it was not like that last year) - go to In my feelings and listen Coachella...skip next 3 songs and listen to Tomorrow never came and Heroin - end!

No lmao this garageband demo is not worth my coin   :um3:

I hate it too - mostly because it's literally not her song. The lyrics are very poetic and cute (altho very cheesy), but the music from the verses are blatantly copied from Radiohead and she didn't even have the artistic integrity to own up to it. The chorus also is very out of place and clunky.

Yet it seems to be every Lana stan's favourite song. I don't get it!

You're probably right but I don't really care about that sort of things - I care about melodies and the Get Free prechorus literally triggers my flight or fight response, it's actually so weird the only other kind of music that does this to me is French autotuned variété so why a song from my favourite singer ever????????

ZKcaooE.png

i'm telling you, sis left miss Lana behind in Swan Song!

conspiracy/theory under the belt

"Why work so hard when you could just be free? You've got your money, now you've got your legacy, let's leave the world for the ones who change everything." Pop stardom ---> Legend status, to the likes of Bob Dylan and Joan Baez. It can only be reached if naive themes and lyrics are left behind for personal growth and awareness.

Let's say Lana and Liz are two different entities in this song. Liz tells Lana it's time to move forward, guiding her towards the light that is LFL (a more universal, thoughtful record).

"And I will never sing again, and you won't work (to keep up appearances/fake it) another day" - Lana to Lizzy

"You've been gone so long, you missed everything. The world can change in a day if you go away." Could be Lana to Lizzy, saying "I've been keeping up the appearances, where are you?" "Do you like where you've been and where you're going to?" Or, it could be Lizzy to Lana, saying she's been trapped in her own cinematic universe, completely unaware of the real world happenings.

"Say goodnight to the life and the world you knew," - Lizzy to Lana

and Lana back to Liz: "I'm gonna follow you."

Do you like where [we've] been and where [we're] going to? 

Swan Song is not about a lover to me at all. it's like lana warned us that there was a great change in the discography to come, that "lana"- the bad girl, sad girl, glamorous beauty queen coney island lolita, would soon be no more. the past freezes over and they rise from the water where the ice meets

This theory is really interesting when u think of get free, the last thing she said was "INTO THE BLUE" in her lizzy vocals. After all the mayhem in her life, Lizzy was finally released at the end. And now the story continues; with Elizabeth and not Lana

Get Free is one of her best songs and? What are you guys gonna do about it? Be mad? 

Don't get triggered babe, I ain't mad I'm just genuinely trying to understand in a scientific way why every single 300+ song Lana has done sounds like honey and milk to me except Get Free (and Strange Love but it's not the subject), like why does it suddenly sounds so discordant? Why is the symphony broken? I wanna know. It's probably me I don't see any other explanation because there's an army of stans worshipping every millisecond of this track

ZKcaooE.png