Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

imagine if lana pulled a cellophane with her piano balladry and forcibly softspoken voice this time around....somehow she doesn't carry the range we all expected from ehr

WELL, maybe it's not so similar but this era kinda reminds me Ultraviolence Era (the mysterious and messy things that happened during 2014) so I'm still hopeful that she'll drop the release date+album cover 1 month before the album release like she did in Uv (if I remember, she dropped West Coast MV on the second week of May 2014 and days after announced the release date of the album)... she could do the same with HIAB+music video, which i believe is the lead single, and then BOOM

but yeah, she said that stuff in april about hoping that the book is ready in the next 6 months and that wanted the book being release before the album :(

Ultraviolence Era, sweetie, I'm SO sorry

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

lana i will trade you my fresh authentic aged matcha straight from japan... there are some offers you just cant deny

aaand i was just attacked again by another big fan account bc i said this era is awful and we are upset. and ofc in their response they had to tag lana. god why dont you people just say "lana please notice me sir please i will eat you ass"

Legit they are the worst. All they do is re-post shit that has already been posted by Lana or someone else. It takes no skill or intellect whatsoever, but they think they're so amazing because they have 60k followers.

They literally think that - I disagreed with one of them on one of their posts and they came at me with, "not going to take advice from someone who only has 120 followers" as if how many followers you have determines your value as a human.

It pains me that Lana follows those accounts. I wish so much that she'd tell the next one who @s her just for points to go fuck themselves.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Legit they are the worst. All they do is re-post shit that has already been posted by Lana or someone else. It takes no skill or intellect whatsoever, but they think they're so amazing because they have 60k followers.

They literally think that - I disagreed with one of them on one of their posts and they came at me with, "not going to take advice from someone who only has 120 followers" as if how many followers you have determines your value as a human.

It pains me that Lana follows those accounts. I wish so much that she'd tell the next one who @s her just for points to go fuck themselves.

The fucking clusterfuck of absurdity, tell em Miracle grow smells and does more than them I'm literally shivering Fq4LsBl.gif

UV/Honeymoon

i wont say all big accounts are bad because some are run by very genuine people who help and respect smaller accounts but when followed by lana and thousands... a certain ego comes with

i wont say all big accounts are bad because some are run by very genuine people who help and respect smaller accounts but when followed by lana and thousands... a certain ego comes with

Glad to know that some still keep it real, I'm happy for em, but the other side of the venn diagram, u can tell em she's just doing so to police their work, bc if she wanted to keep things consistent and reference herself primarily, she wouldn't have referenced the multitudes quote on her twitter bio tumblr_nbtfktq67t1rkaasno5_250.gif . 

Let's change the topic tho, it's stifling the thread -- we've heard a handful of tracks, and aside from MAC's semi groovy outro and VB's pyschedelic guitars, I haven't heard much of the RHCP surf rock vibes. Crushed that we never got Flipside on any of the UV records 

UV/Honeymoon

Glad to know that some still keep it real, I'm happy for em, but the other side of the venn diagram, u can tell em she's just doing so to police their work, bc if she wanted to keep things consistent and reference herself primarily, she wouldn't have referenced the multitudes quote on her twitter bio tumblr_nbtfktq67t1rkaasno5_250.gif .

Let's change the topic tho, it's stifling the thread -- we've heard a handful of tracks, and aside from MAC's semi groovy outro and VB's pyschedelic guitars, I haven't heard much of the RHCP surf rock vibes. Crushed that we never got Flipside on any of the UV records

I’m not sure if there will be much to hear tbh. Lana seems to be bad with labeling genres and musical styles. Didn’t she once describe UV as jazzy, for example? Much more rock/soft-rock, imo. That being said if the surf rock vibes do in fact appear I will be pleasantly surprised. Won’t turn those down at all :D

Regarding Flipside I completely agree. She was robbed and that’s that

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

What if she wakes up one day in the morning or after a nap and says: actually, I've changed my mind. I wanna surprise release the album. Now. And we open Spotify and there it is.

We piss Ben off so so SO humongously that he boycotts the record and it ends up being a Tidal exclusive so that no one listens to it. Meanwhile, the smart gays woulda already picked the record up, leaked it, and we'll b on our merry way. What's the highest audio quality currently? Choices choicessssszs aypue8.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

the ONLY thing keeping me going is because i love each song sooo much. i still listen to MAC and VB daily and they just never get tired... i mean im kinda getting over these cinnamon snippets so im taking a break from ha---- OTHER than that its still an amazing track so far and im so excited for IYC and how it progresses and the other snippet just felt so emotion packed.......... maybe i dare say it but her magnum opus? who knows! are we deserving of this? (and no i dont say this before all her albums this is the first time im actually considering this her best before its release).

basically every era i had at least a single i was iffy about but everything ive heard so far for the NFR era uhmm thats called growth ma'am.

HIAB im a little tired of her but that is okay no album has to be 100% perfect :hooker:

Fantano going into depth ab how indebted Kevin is to Andre 3000 for inspiration for AzBaby (which is true), even trying to cite production similarities, jus to conveniently forget that Lana's Venice Bitch solely inspired the entire sonic direction and production choice for the record. not once was her name said in the review that i heard

the album that was loudly inspired by venice bitch, released before the record with venice bitch on it, doesn't even garnrer the recognitition of the latter song being it's footstone despite screaming it everywhere it possibly ould lana bfuckng DOS OEMTIHINE

Okay, out of all the snippets we've heard, which song will be to NFR what White Mustang is to LFL? 

Which will polarise? Which will we fight about endlessly next February when she finally releases it? 

I reckon "In your car" and not just because they both relate to cars. 

Okay, out of all the snippets we've heard, which song will be to NFR what White Mustang is to LFL? 

Which will polarise? Which will we fight about endlessly next February when she finally releases it? 

I reckon "In your car" and not just because they both relate to cars. 

cinnamon is 2:35 seconds and we've already heard all of it

I just honestly am in disbelief that she’s missing the opportunity to release HIAB in the SPRING like seriously where is the logic its like she doesnt care about her art at all anymore. Even the poetry book deserves better treatment than its getting at this point!

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

cinnamon is 2:35 seconds and we've already heard all of it

But is it the White Mustang of NFR?

In any case, she knows there's tacked-together versions of Cinnamon all over the place ... why the fuck wouldn't she just release it? Everyone is listening to it anyway, so she's really just doing her own work a disservice by not doing so, because obviously those versions are not amazing quality.

This is all self-sabotage on her part - even if she doesn't realise it - and you won't convince me otherwise. Which is why if anyone has it, leak it. Fuck.

There is no logical reason to not release a song that is already available in less-than-ideal quality, especially given that everyone is screaming out for something. If anyone can think of a logical reason, please enlighten me.