Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

or another white mustang where we already heard the whole thing near enough.. someone said a few pages back which will be the new WM and it's definitely cinnamon lol no way we can hear so many snippets again and it not be

WM follows a similar structure (except there's no pre) but the difference is that everything is short in this song. In Cinnamon, we have 2 minutes of just a verse, a pre and a chorus, and you have to double it at least once to make a full song, and then include the bridge (In Cinnamon the bridge is basically just the repetition of the chorus)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The full song might be more than 5 minutes long then. We have the length of a verse, a pre-chorus, a chorus and a bridge. If we follow the pattern verse-pre-chorus-verse-pre-chorus-bridge-chorus, the song's gonna be super long

EXACTLY, how tf can be around 2:35? I mean, more than 5 minutes idk but I believe it will be around 4:00-4:45

iv9uXjw.gif

watch cinnamon just be an outtake from LFL that she was just playing for fun

Doesn’t sound like LFL. I bet she had just finished mixing it and was super excited, therefore couldn’t contain her joy and tease it (to both our delight and despair).

This is just so funny: as I said before, I am on another Lana fan group on FB. The anger and rage that we used to have for the NFR delay is ongoing at the moment. That group really is a month behind on everything.

(I know we’re still furious, but a couple of us here have given up on any kind of news or possible release in the next weeks)

This is just so funny: as I said before, I am on another Lana fan group on FB. The anger and rage that we used to have for the NFR delay is ongoing at the moment. That group really is a month behind on everything.

(I know we’re still furious, but a couple of us here have given up on any kind of news or possible release in the next weeks)

same its kinda funny. I feel like we hear everything first, then the subreddit, and then the facebook group

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Popcorn

I just love to read all your frustrations over the album and guessing and second guessing songs

I don't know...I never was into snippets and don't care about anything but a full song...so... I am at peace with all that

and not having an album this year 

I just still cannot fathom why an artist would announce something, tease multiple parts of it, and then not release it or give updates on it for OVER SIX MONTHS. Like who is benefiting from this?

Nobody benefits from this, honestly. And I don’t think we’ll know why she’s acting like she does. And honestly, I have given up on trying to figure out this woman lol. I still love everything she does, but for my mental health, it’s better for me to let go and let her do what we she wants, and just rejoice when something new drops.

Bastille began their third LP era a year ago. The second single just came out. I know things are different though since they were on tour, they recorded a mix tape and had a successful collab between the two singles. We don’t know what is going on with Lana, except bits of her insta life and her poetry. Is she depressed? Heartbroken? Tired? She won’t give us any info either (not that we are entitled to).

Nobody benefits from this, honestly. And I don’t think we’ll know why she’s acting like she does. And honestly, I have given up on trying to figure out this woman lol. I still love everything she does, but for my mental health, it’s better for me to let go and let her do what we she wants, and just rejoice when something new drops.

Bastille began their third LP era a year ago. The second single just came out. I know things are different though since they were on tour, they recorded a mix tape and had a successful collab between the two singles. We don’t know what is going on with Lana, except bits of her insta life and her poetry. Is she depressed? Heartbroken? Tired? She won’t give us any info either (not that we are entitled to).

Sis is obviously going thru it even though her IG posts suggest otherwise

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I know this is obvious & probably you all've been saying this a thousands of times, but to be completely honest, this is definitely her worst era ever and Lana deserves all the hate and negative comments that her fans & people are giving towards her since she's been acting so bitchy.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I just still cannot fathom why an artist would announce something, tease multiple parts of it, and then not release it or give updates on it for OVER SIX MONTHS. Like who is benefiting from this?

She's just having fun being quirky and random :derpna:

Let's face it, we shouldn't be feeling the way we're feeling. It's wrong and unhealthy to be this invested in someone else's life and work. We're not her managers, we're not employed by her, what she does with her work does not affect our income or schedule. We're stressing over someone who doesn't know we exist or care about how we feel. She's going to spin class, drinking her wheat grass, going to Hillcult and Cha Cha Matcha with her girlies, getting baked and writing cringy middle school poetry...sis is living her best life(lel)! Meanwhile, we're over here losing our minds over her choices. She knows we want the album. She knows how bad we want it. She refuses to release it. What's not clicking? She doesn't care. She doesn't care about us, she doesn't care about our lives or our problems, and honestly? It's childish to believe that she should. We're literal strangers.

I see a lot of people in here who are going through hard times. Many of you have stated that Lana's music helps you cope with that pain, and some of you have said that the careless way she's handled this "era" has affected your mental health. I feel for you, but you need to understand that this is a problem. You can't base your mental stability and/or happiness on what some dumb bitch in LA who doesn't even know your name decides to do with her career. All sis wants to do is get high by the beach with her nano-influencer insta saddie friends and whatever loser she's decided to glorify. Let her. We should just let her live, and go on with our lives too. I've been trying very hard to stop caring, and I care less every day. It's not easy, but it's genuinely for the best, and I'm sure you can see it. I'm frankly embarrassed that it took so long for me to finally get it in my head.

She might have asked for our love and support, but she no longer wants it. And I get it, it sucks, but people are allowed to have a change of heart. We're a burden at this point. We're what's keeping her from being free. Back when no one cared about her, no one pestered her for news or pressured her to release new music. I think if we all stopped caring, it would not only be better for our mental health, but Lana's as well.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

We can't trust anything she says either which is pretty shitty. Like people keep saying the poetry book is coming first cos months ago she said she wants it out first and we're taking the elle interview seriously that she wants to put out more songs before the album but like top of the year bitch

An era to remember for years to come. Just think, one day we'll be telling our grandchildren of the dark days. Of the pain we endured waiting months and months without any album news. And the suffering she put us through. The kids just wont understand what we went through. But its kinda iconic as well, i think when the album is finally released it will be such a turning point in her career. I think we'll always remember this era, for now its for the wrong reasons but in about 20/30 years it'll be... legendary

her mind

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

what sucks even more than waiting months for an album is the fact that once it is released lana will just disappear again

i have a feeling in my gut that the reused HIAB footage is all were gonna get this era in terms of music videos

literally a trash era. makes the HM and LFL eras look like the BTD era

wow, so mac and vb were released the month after i started college and now, i have less than 2 weeks left of my first year. I COMPLETED A WHOLE YEAR OF COLLEGE BEFORE WE GOT THE ALBUM LEMME JUST SCREAM. IM-

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I think questions about NFR -- by her fans to her -- have to be geared to getting at if she is still confident about it. If she is, she should definitely respond so, and no release date need be given (so no pressure in responding). If she's not she *might* say so and why, but more likely she'll say nothing.

I think fans should also want their comments to increase her confidence. I'm not following social media responses to her silence closely, so are people trying to increase her confidence effectively? It's not the same thing as (simply) kissing up to her, but you need to impart the idea that her confidence is the one thing her fans (e.g., me), would not want her to lose, and this is about her music, not the promo.

So maybe she has an album like the Ghost of Tom Joad in store, so what? I'll bet she'll do it (a lot) better than Springsteen did (who incidentally has an album coming this summer, along with Madonna, and the Black Keys). I also think her recent releases sound competitive with the big and/or notable releases that have occurred so far (Eilish, Marina, Sara Bareilles, Jenny Lewis, Weyes Blood). Hopefully she thinks that too.