Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana should release NFR on Halloween and rename it Norman Fucking Rockwell's Ghost.

Well actually I wouldn't mind waiting so much cuz I was born on Halloween so it'd be like a birthday present

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

still can't believe that doin' f u c k i n g time is her most streamed song right now. bullshit. fucking bullshit. y'all really have no taste. are you all that hungry for Lana content that you stream.... this...?

propulsing a (bad) cover to the top when Ride, Shades of Cool, Black Beauty or Terrence Loves You (who are literally jesus) aren't even on her most streamed songs.......... *sigh*

I think you have to take into account the people who aren’t fans of Lana who love the original song/Sublime and decided to give it a listen- and some new people were bound to love it and keep listening to it. I don’t know about “bad taste”, lmao it’s a good fucking cover and I can still enjoy it while also being critical of how she’s running this NFR release.

shut up :lmao: She isnt a indie artist that can do whateva she wants.. We have 3 singles that flop hard and 1 cover that is doing fine.. So do u think label will just: 'ok do what u want, go ahead with this bored and poor production album' :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is the argument of a 1st grader. Kinda sad. 

Lana should release NFR on Halloween and rename it Norman Fucking Rockwell's Ghost.

The ghost of album past

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

So many of the former indie artists and bands are now signed onto big labels and are able to release albums without sacrificing their artistry. And they don't pull in nowhere near same amount of $$$ that Lana does.

The fact that some of you actually think stuff like radio and shit matters to Lana or even Interscope at this point is hilarious. Lana even tried to tell you in the interviews but y'all refuse to listen. 

Lana has been honest with Interscope since the day 1 and I think Interscope has learned what to expect from her after all these years. I wish some fans would too.

Tbh releasing some of her best songs in her career then taking forever to release the album is actually wise from a streaming perspective. Her already released singles have almost a cult following around them and the streams keep getting higher. Once she releases her album, those streams transfer over. Maybe it’s a loophole to release music different from the mainstream. Take longer to get the streams higher so the record label is satisfied and lets her keep doing her own thing. Might not be her specific plan, but it could be a bonus for her.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Doin time is #140 on US Shazam (+40) Shazam the song, especially if you live in the US

(The fan singles flopped, it’s time to accept it. And the album will flop too unless Interscope comes up with something really quick like tour bundles, a surprise release, a deluxe version or even book bundles)

i wouldn't be surprised if at some point she takes a 4 or 5 year break, to be honest. i guess she has delivered an album roughly every 2 years for the past 7 years and there's a LOT of other bands/singers who don't/haven't done that. maybe that's just me being in a flowery mood idk lmao  :lolliney:

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

(The fan singles flopped, it’s time to accept it. And the album will flop too

They were never intended for mass consumption, and the album most likely isn't either, it's time to accept it. 

You can throw the word flop around all you want, it doesn't really mean anything because Lana doesn't operate in that particular sphere where that word would actually hold some kind of meaning.

Tbh releasing some of her best songs in her career then taking forever to release the album is actually wise from a streaming perspective. Her already released singles have almost a cult following around them and the streams keep getting higher. Once she releases her album, those streams transfer over. Maybe it’s a loophole to release music different from the mainstream. Take longer to get the streams higher so the record label is satisfied and lets her keep doing her own thing. Might not be her specific plan, but it could be a bonus for her.

Posting snippets of songs on instagram/social media is a simple yet one of the most effective ways of promoting/hyping up your music. I think her posting all those snippets was a great move from a marketing perspective.

I saw one Cinnamon video (that is now deleted) that had 1 million views just on YouTube. That's huge for an album snippet. So I think that's great and will pay off when she releases the album.

Posting snippets of songs on instagram/social media is a simple yet one of the most effective ways of promoting/hyping up your music. I think her posting all those snippets was a great move from a marketing perspective.

I saw one Cinnamon video (that is now deleted) that had 1 million views just on YouTube. That's huge for an album snippet. So I think that's great and will pay off when she releases the album.

Lel when she finally releases the album and wonders why her streaming numbers are so low and realizes its bc we’ve been streaming Cinnamon on youtube for almost have a year

Screen_Shot_2018-03-28_at_11.32.59_AM.jp

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Anyone that thinks Lana is a chart artist needs to evaluate that way of thinking tbh just sayin’...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371