Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Ok I haven't been keeping up at all. Is Lana still planning on releasing this album? Has there been any news about it in the past couple months? Anyone know why it's taking so long?

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Ok I haven't been keeping up at all. Is Lana still planning on releasing this album? Has there been any news about it in the past couple months? Anyone know why it's taking so long?

a) no one knows

b) nope

c) nope although there is an abundance of speculation

it's just the way i feel

album is scrapped and cancelled, yosemite is getting released this summer

go home

Right well she went to church again last night so everything is terrible and awful. 

But she wore a jumper that said "summer babe" and maybe it's a clue for a summer release. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/delreyxmafia/status/1131647371996278785

Also maybe that tweet meant something bad and that's why she went. To pray for the soul of the person who wronged her. Or something. 

If you look on the VK there are more pics ... ofc all the baddies went with her. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Right well she went to Hillsong again last night so everything is terrible and awful. 

But she wore a jumper that said "summer babe" and maybe it's a clue for a summer release. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/delreyxmafia/status/1131647371996278785

Also maybe that tweet meant something bad and that's why she went. To pray for the soul of the person who wronged her. Or something. 

for what it's worth i enjoy that you can make an entire buffet out of a crumb xoxo  :lolliney:

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Bitch share tenor.gif?itemid=5640833

It was beautiful, ethereal even. The cover had beigish and sea green undertones, the tracklist was full and lush, it was on itunes in all its clickable glory, no more waiting, no more pain and agony just pure unadulterated NFR

We need to use meditation to bring NFR closer, picture yourself physically removing all of the obstacles in the way of the album. Repeat to yourself this mantra: the album will come... THE ALBUM WILL COME

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

What? Lana isn't a radio or charts artist, she isn't even that much of a streaming force. She's an album artist who most likely relies on physical sales of her album. Did the singles from this album (pre-Doin Time) even get sent to radio?

She didn't flop, she actually did really great with zero promotion for MAC, VB and Hope. Who can get 25M streams on a pure piano ballad that lasts more than 5 minutes without any promotion? Not a lot of artists. She never was streamed much and she's not flopping at all. A flop would be if she was as famous and popular as Ariana Grande and only got this amount of streams. But since she's not and she never took advantage of the streams, she's doing pretty great. I understand that when you think Lana Del Rey, you think big. But she never was that big. She just left a big impact on music and is praised.

wayament sis...that dont make no sense..my man

have y'all suddenly forgotten Lana is an album-centered artist and that's where most of her draw comes from?? :rip: the songs themselves on a chart might've flopped but that's quite literally the furthest objective anyone on her team was looking for when releasing the songs..we discussed this back when VB came out when she said that it was almost like a cruel joke on her team to be releasing a nine minute guitar ballad that morphs into some psychedelic shit with a curse word in the title; she knew it was everything a "lead" single SHOULDN'T be and even her managers were antsy about it

Lana is more of a long-term burn type of artist, her albums sell great and people look to those for her music rather than her singles like somebody would Selena Gomez or J. Lo; not to mention critically, Venice Bitch blew everybody out of the fucking water. it's no doubt that it's her best received song since Video Games..7 years into her career and she was hitting the same peaks, if not higher on such a anti-song to be randomly released. 20mil+ streams is great for such awkward songs, especially when two of them are something most listeners wouldn't want to play on repeat. (and with 0 promo...whatsoever, at least Love and LfL had big budget MVs and IRL advertisements). i hate giving whole ass paragraphs on here talking about actual subjects but some of u bitches...

I didn't say what I said to somehow prove Lana isn't popular/relevant/succesful. I'm aware she's an album girl and I was only saying that the songs, compared to previous Lana singles and pop music in general, didn't do well. It has nothing to do about her albums, or the fact that she's "indie" which she's not, or anything else for that matter.

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

I’m offically declaring that tweet was about moby

I was going to say that yesterday but I decided to wait for someone else to, so - thanks. She realised that Moby is, actually, the love of her life and dumped Chase for him: confirmed. 

"Things can turn on a dime"

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It was beautiful, ethereal even. The cover had beigish and sea green undertones, the tracklist was full and lush, it was on itunes in all its clickable glory, no more waiting, no more pain and agony just pure unadulterated NFR

We need to use meditation to bring NFR closer, picture yourself physically removing all of the obstacles in the way of the album. Repeat to yourself this mantra: the album will come... THE ALBUM WILL COME

Bitch stop right there u had me at sea green 2s9qgzt.gif

UV/Honeymoon

I only fear that this whole church crowd will alter her art, and I don't want her to compromise her art for the sake of religion.. like toning back a song such as "FMWUTTT" simply cause now she goes to church... do y'all fear this could happen???

We’re becoming as poetic and spiritual as Salvatore. I don’t hate it.

I only fear that this whole church crowd will alter her art, and I don't want her to compromise her art for the sake of religion.. like toning back a song such as "FMWUTTT" simply cause now she goes to church... do y'all fear this could happen???

She’s always been catholic as far as I’m aware. If anything, she’s always put religion into her music. Gods & Monsters, Religion, GKIT, etc. if anything she might do that again but I don’t expect a lightened up Lana. Hell, this album is named Norman FUCKING Rockwell lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Mm. I get what ur saying but as HIADT states, "shaking my ass is the only thing thats kept this black narcissist off my back" - she's still there. I've been needing another controversial track like Cola forreal for a while, scratched the surface w its me ur little venice bitch, but yes. Yes to intensity

UV/Honeymoon

I was going to say that yesterday but I decided to wait for someone else to, so - thanks. She realised that Moby is, actually, the love of her life and dumped Chase for him: confirmed. 

"Things can turn on a dime"

so is it going to be Elizabeth Hall

or Lana Del Moby

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

It's crazy she goes to that church, which is so obviously just a business those people set up to get rich and to be fair to them they are smart and have done it well. They are rolling in tax free money and will only likely get bigger and bigger due to celebrity links.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/churchome/Churchome_AnnualReport17-18-web.pdf?mtime=20190130143640

A Church with only 5 locations which only hold one service per week, most of which only have 2 ministers paid it's personel $9.3million last year and $8.5million the year before.

It's crazy she goes to that church, which is so obviously just a business those people set up to get rich and to be fair to them they are smart and have done it well. They are rolling in tax free money and will only likely get bigger and bigger due to celebrity links.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/churchome/Churchome_AnnualReport17-18-web.pdf?mtime=20190130143640

A Church with only 5 locations which only hold one service per week, most of which only have 2 ministers paid it's personel $9.3million last year and $8.5million the year before.

Lmfao I thought Lana was smarter than this. Clearly not. :facepalm:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven