Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I wouldn't put much thought into the 'coming soon' part. This site here http://hitsdailydouble.com/new_album_releases had NFR in the 'TBA' (to be determined/decided) section for MONTHS now.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper but I think it's def scrapped.

- No new songs have been registered on ASCAP and/or any other sites since HIADT (January) So that's almost 5 months with no direct album related news

- Lana and her team have been quiet af about it, even ignoring fans pleas for some news

- No leaks or snippets from sources other than Lana

- The V Magazine clearly got put on hold, and/or shelved

Also I know I forgot about the new-ish snippet she released (Stronger), but maybe she was just playing it to us because it was a spur of the moment kind of thing.

I will be holding a memorial service for NFR @ Yosemite. Please dress accordingly.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i need someone to break into jack’s studio asap and get us those NFR files if it really is scrapped

But actually. I’m hearing Cinnamon and In Your Car with or without Lana’s consent.

I think Interscope wouldn't hesitate to not not fuck her the fuck up if she even suggested scrapping an album she made with Jack Antonoff who probably cost them considerably more than Grandpa Rick, not to mention Venice Bitch is her most acclaimed song since Video Games 

NFR is starting to become not only a joke, but a missed opportunity. If the album is indeed out in July, it would look like "Ok, fine there it is, have it your way!" Like I said, it doesnt have a super summery feeling from what we heard. But to wait for fall would be too fucking long... 
Anyways, she and Interscope should get the hint: 7 days after a great cover release, everyone is still asking about the damn album. They better do something in June. 

Just wanted to say that the dates are in a chronological order, and the list follows the same order. Could be a coincidence, or Lana is actually coming on June 21 or before

Wouldn't she be listed in the June section then? Alongside the album title like other releases?

This to me just seems like pure speculation, we know the album is coming at some point and so do they. I wouldn't take this as confirmation or a clue to the release date.

*this is just me being anxious*

ok so i know how we would possibly get paps pics if lana was seen leaving the studio (but we dont always and shes also sneaky). there is a chance she could be reworking the album. does her music not usually go with her current state of mind? it does! which is why she took yosemite and BAR off LFL and probably those other political songs, she didnt feel the same as how she wrote herself to be in the songs anymore. i really dont think she feels the same as she did MONTHS ago when finalizing this album. people change and we know lana does a lot. its annoying when she last minute scraps stuff but i love how she releases what caters to how she feels at the moment because it helps us understand. i feel like she would be uncomfortable releasing old stuff anyways. i mean going to the unreleased album at amoeba when the crowd was cheering after she said "im not sure" you hear her say "ive moved past that". yes that stuff was YEARS ago but clearly we all know how much lana changes within months. so maybe there is a chance that shes just adding or taking out some songs now and maybe with the theory above we could get this album literally any week... i dont take her "the album is done tweet" from what? 2 months ago? into consideration. it was too vague and weird

I wouldn't put much thought into the 'coming soon' part. This site here http://hitsdailydouble.com/new_album_releases had NFR in the 'TBA' (to be determined/decided) section for MONTHS now.

I think it's def scrapped.

- No new songs have been registered on ASCAP and/or any other sites since HIADT (January) So that's almost 5 months with no direct album related news

- Lana and her team have been quiet af about it, even ignoring fans pleas for some news

- No leaks or snippets from sources other than Lana

- The V Magazine clearly got put on hold, and/or shelved

Also I know I forgot about the new-ish snippet she released (Stronger), but maybe she was just playing it to us because it was a spur of the moment kind of thing.

I don't think the album is scrapped...

• The only registered songs we had around the time for Honeymoon were Burnt Norton, Wild One and Beautiful People. Similarly with Lust For Life, only Love (YAIL) and Lust For Life were publicly registered pre-album? The rest of the song titles were confirmed by Lana in interviews, producers or just speculation based on snippets.
  • She's already confirmed that there is no plan for this album (which seems to me that Lana is fully in control - hence the label are unable to make announcements or confirm details until Lana has decided her next move). She also made it clear that she planned to do no promo for this album, as disappointing as that is.
  • There's the possibility that her team have upped the security of her music in general after the lead and potential second single leaked months in advance last era, followed by a whole album leak a week before release.
  • V magazine may have been postponed to coincide with the album release, maybe it wasn't music related at all or maybe Lana backed out cos of creative differences, it wouldn't be the first time she's invested time and money into something to then scrap it or reuse it later on.

Let's just all pretend that we actually have the record, make amazingly detailed comments about the tracks so she can sweat thinking someone leaked the fucking thing, to then have her having to release the record, like an impromptu green smoothie fundraiser 

A PLAN :oprah:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

With the Doin Time small sucess i doubt Interscope will release a bored ballad theme album.. Things can turn on a dime ;)

We haven't even heard the songs, how can you say it's a boring album? Piano does not equal to boring. Birdy's album Beautiful Lies is piano driven, and it's still one of the most beautiful albums of our generation.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

*this is just me being anxious*

ok so i know how we would possibly get paps pics if lana was seen leaving the studio (but we dont always and shes also sneaky). there is a chance she could be reworking the album. does her music not usually go with her current state of mind? it does! which is why she took yosemite and BAR off LFL and probably those other political songs, she didnt feel the same as how she wrote herself to be in the songs anymore. i really dont think she feels the same as she did MONTHS ago when finalizing this album. people change and we know lana does a lot. its annoying when she last minute scraps stuff but i love how she releases what caters to how she feels at the moment because it helps us understand. i feel like she would be uncomfortable releasing old stuff anyways. i mean going to the unreleased album at amoeba when the crowd was cheering after she said "im not sure" you hear her say "ive moved past that". yes that stuff was YEARS ago but clearly we all know how much lana changes within months. so maybe there is a chance that shes just adding or taking out some songs now and maybe with the theory above we could get this album literally any week... i dont take her "the album is done tweet" from what? 2 months ago? into consideration. it was too vague and weird

She could be working with Rick on her musical.

We haven't even heard the songs, how can you say it's a boring album? Piano does not equal to boring. Birdy's album Beautiful Lies is piano driven, and it's still one of the most beautiful albums of our generation.

Girl wtf.. We hear almost all of the music of this album just by hers snniptes :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Lust For Dead   large.gif