Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

maybe because she is over 30 now and she doesn't wanna be walking around like a rebel teen with daddy issues anymore

imagine if she was like 40 and still doing all of that "bad sad girl" image 

leave that to the actual teens like billie eilish

her image and sound are much more mature and grounded now, so is her brand

her being totally unprofessional this era is another thing 

I know Cacciatore only referenced her BTD image so I partially agree with you. But UV Lana & HM Lana were cool as fuck, and she could have stayed riding those waves for decades. I don't see why "mature" should be synonymous with plain, bland or tasteless. Not that her sound is any more mature lol.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I think the Lana del rey persona was inspired by Marilyn, it wasn't a persona at first it was like the person Lizzy wanted to become. Later she learned that that comes with the risk of ending up like her: miserable, alone and dead. I think Lizzy with her aesthetic as may jailer was her truest form and I am glad that she has come back to that. Specially because sirens is one of my fave albums of all time, while the music is not very comercial and sparkly it really is very haunting and special.

It is so sad that the name Lana del rey has backfire for her, now she doesn't live up to the expectations to that glamorous name. But I think this change is for the best, like marina says " its better to be hated than loved for what you are not"

They are linked in the sense that when the poetry book roasts get a bit too hot for her to handle, NFR's old tired ass will conveniently swoop in and save the day

old tired ass bent backwards over the grass  :thumb3:  :thumb3:  :thumb3:

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

To make her fail? Just to shoot ourselves in the foot, thinking it “teaches her a lesson” when all it does is hurt her income? That’s kind of fucked up. Sorry but I’m continuing supporting her bc I’m not that petty I just don’t see the point... I couldn’t think of something more discouraging than her own fans shitting on her when she’s doing more than one thing at a time

I know right? She's already having such a hard time making rent every month and paying her bills. If we don't devote ourselves to supporting her, poor thing's going to end up in the trailer park again, dancing for money :'(

1 like = 1 prayer for Miss Del Rey's wallet

If we don't devote ourselves to supporting her, poor thing's going to end up in the trailer park again, dancing for money.

At least the music and aesthetic would be good again ;)

I know Cacciatore only referenced her BTD image so I partially agree with you. But UV Lana & HM Lana were cool as fuck, and she could have stayed riding those waves for decades. I don't see why "mature" should be synonymous with plain, bland or tasteless. Not that her sound is any more mature lol.

In the distant past, relatively speaking, artists like Carly Simon sailed into their 30s and 40s looking as beautiful and striking as ever--and also mature and womanly, stylish and attractive, if not overtly sexual. And continued to be successful in the pop market. Debbie Harry of Blondie did the same thing--she was born the same year as Simon, and greatly reduced the more obviously sexual aspects of her persona as she aged. 

More recently, Tori Amos has struggled to find the right pop persona after 35 years of age, but has done a reasonably good job of it. 

There's no reason at all that LDR can't present herself as a beautiful, classy, sophisticated woman in her 30s or 40s, as Simon did, or as Julie Christie and Lauren Hutton appeared to the world in their 40s.

'Attractive' when applied to a woman doesn't have to mean 'cheap' or 'obvious' or 'overtly sexual.' 

I really thought her going to all those festivals would mean new music before she does but guess not... Time for the next round of setlist speculation. 

I hate to agree, but I do. It breaks my heart but I feel like she’s lost her flare - her fire. She doesn’t seem to be the glamorous, untouchable, unique woman we fell in love with. I miss the beehive hair, the nails, the visuals. Although this era has discouraged me with its stripped down theme, I’ll always have the OG Lana Del Rey in my heart. I’ll support her always because I feel that after all the art she’s given, she still deserves my love. I can’t help but feel hurt by the way she’s blatantly leaving us in the dark – it feels like she’s mocking us. I’m probably just being an emotional bitch but I’ve been having these thoughts ever since she started with the no makeup posts & the more stripped down songs, even during L4L she started to strip down a bit.. I didn’t like HIADT very much & the fact she used a selfie for the cover was honestly a joke. I really hope this is a phase & she goes back to putting some effort in but that seems unrealistic right now. Anyway, I still love her but I’m just disappointed

I actually see her as more "untouchable" than ever. The beehive hair, the nails, the pretty dresses...I could literally go get that lol. Underneath the big hair, the makeup, the visuals that I loved, was a girl I felt I could relate to, at least to an extent. People see her BTD image as so artificial, but it felt so real to me. The person she appeared to be in interviews felt so real, and so familiar. She reminded me of actual people in my life. There was nothing untouchable about her. Now she's on fucking Neptune or some shit. She's distant, and detached, and dead inside. Yes I know she's been saying that for years, but now it's like, there's nothing in there anymore. Her fire, like you said...it's gone. And I don't know her. I don't know who this...person, is.

I know right? She's already having such a hard time making rent every month and paying her bills. If we don't devote ourselves to supporting her, poor thing's going to end up in the trailer park again, dancing for money :'(

1 like = 1 prayer for Miss Del Rey's wallet

I just don’t see the point of being a “fan” and wanting her to fail. I know your post is sarcastic so maybe you can answer.... why are you all here if you want her to fail? This album isn’t made only for us. It’s made for herself, like UV and HM. I’m just as annoyed and frustrated as anyone else but I don’t want her to fucking fail. I mean... how repulsive yikes

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

And let me specify, I am not bashing her for not wearing makeup or her clothes, I don’t think anyone expects her to be all done up 24/7 but I’m just saying I miss her putting effort into public appearances. If anything her “look” lately just projects how little she cares about everything else. Overall, her not wanting to put effort into her look matters little to me, I’m more concerned about how she just doesn’t fuck about communicating with people who love her & support her art. I think people are pissed less about the wait and more about the lack of communication

How someone does one thing is how they do everything teas

why are you all here if you want her to fail? 

i hate to bring it back around again, but i think you have to kind of look at the growing resentment towards her over the hillsong thing. we can love her music sure, but her recent behaviour has deeply hurt her LGBT fans and i think it's just an understandable way of directing anger

sure it can seem "mean" but what you've got here is someone with wealth and power who is essentially condoning harm to a group who have fought for decades for safety and still are, i think there's a lot of conflict for the fans right now. it's the bigger picture, this has gone way beyond the music she puts out imo

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

In the distant past, relatively speaking, artists like Carly Simon sailed into their 30s and 40s looking as beautiful and striking as ever--and also mature and womanly, stylish and attractive, if not overtly sexual. And continued to be successful in the pop market. Debbie Harry of Blondie did the same thing--she was born the same year as Simon, and greatly reduced the more obviously sexual aspects of her persona as she aged. 

More recently, Tori Amos has struggled to find the right pop persona after 35 years of age, but has done a reasonably good job of it. 

There's no reason at all that LDR can't present herself as a beautiful, classy, sophisticated woman in her 30s or 40s, as Simon did, or as Julie Christie and Lauren Hutton appeared to the world in their 40s.

'Attractive' when applied to a woman doesn't have to mean 'cheap' or 'obvious' or 'overtly sexual.' 

But what about their ears:w8ing:

let me be who i'm meant to be

i hate to bring it back around again, but i think you have to kind of look at the growing resentment towards her over the hillsong thing. we can love her music sure, but her recent behaviour has deeply hurt her LGBT fans and i think it's just an understandable way of directing anger

sure it can seem "mean" but what you've got here is someone with wealth and power who is essentially condoning harm to a group who have fought for decades for safety and still are, i think there's a lot of conflict for the fans right now. it's the bigger picture, this has gone way beyond the music she puts out imo

And I do get that, I really do. But that’s her personal life. I just don’t see why it needs to be so deep. I guess some might “stan harder” and have more feelings about that but I just can’t personally allow her choices for herself and her life to effect mine. I’m not excusing it at all, she knows her stans are prolly about 60-70% LGBT. She’s fully aware. I hate organized religion as much as anyone else but it’s her life. We can complain as much as we want, the album slowly rolling out or her church choice or her friend choice but at the end of the day, the end result isn’t her running around saying “GOD HATES F@GS”. She’s just doing what she feels she needs to do for herself in HER life. Bc it is her life. And if we don’t let her live it out, she’ll have no material to write about.

And that isn’t selfish, whatsoever.

I’m not saying other people have no reason to be upset either, by all means, feel whichever way you want, I just think it’s petty and shows how bad stan culture truly is if we want her to fail bc of some minute choice (which she probably only goes there bc she has friends who go there)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I actually see her as more "untouchable" than ever. The beehive hair, the nails, the pretty dresses...I could literally go get that lol. Underneath the big hair, the makeup, the visuals that I loved, was a girl I felt I could relate to, at least to an extent. People see her BTD image as so artificial, but it felt so real to me. The person she appeared to be in interviews felt so real, and so familiar. She reminded me of actual people in my life. There was nothing untouchable about her. Now she's on fucking Neptune or some shit. She's distant, and detached, and dead inside. Yes I know she's been saying that for years, but now it's like, there's nothing in there anymore. Her fire, like you said...it's gone. And I don't know her. I don't know who this...person, is.

I meant untouchable in the sense that no one could ever compare, she seemed invincible & like no one else. My apologies, I’m shit with words. The nails & the hair, to me, symbolized more than just that - it set the mood for this classic glamorous Hollywood queen who did everything with such class. Idk if it makes sense clearly I’m brain dead :hooker:

How someone does one thing is how they do everything teas

Oop- that backfired for miss thing! :hdu:

LanaFlowers dear, you said nothing but the truth :teehee:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

this is a pretty sad day because this vogue magazine was like the last of any hope i had for news on this album. now, i don’t know when anything is going to be said about it. i truly believe she’s going to act like this album doesn’t even exist when she’s playing at these shows but..

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy, Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot, Stevie Nicks, Mariah Carey, Beyonce,Jennifer Lopez....they didn't throw all their makeup, hair products and cute clothes in a pile and set it on fire when they turned 30. People act like it's either beehive hair, 2 pounds of makeup and sequined ballgowns everyday, or Adidas leggings, awful hair and a bare face with 2 pounds of filler in it.

I really thought her going to all those festivals would mean new music before she does but guess not... Time for the next round of setlist speculation. 

can’t wait to hear Blue Jeans live  :creep: