Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Yeah, If MGK only has a verse on Cinnamon I'm more than fine with that, 'cause Cinnamon feels like it can belong to NFR while still having this chill rap sound, you know?  But if it is a new song, I hope it's for his thing

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

yeah! i'm the first one that prefers lana when she's solo in her music, but still, i'd rather wait and listen to the whole thing before saying "omg she's so lame for adding a rap feature and now all her music will be cheap!" like.... we don't know yet. maybe his part will be short and will flow with the whole mood/atmosphere of the album y'all talking about. 

Agreed!

"Why is this on there!? It's her folk album!".... If I hear this one more time....  :facepalm:

THIS!

who said this was a folk album? Who said they couldn't co-exist? Who said it's even on her album?

I question if some of you have actual friends in real life. 

you question whether or not people have friends because...they want a folk record?

That sounds stupid.

giphy.gif

you question whether or not people have friends because...they want a folk record?

That sounds stupid.

Sigh... if you understood the implication it's based on people's reaction to things... not b/c they want a folk record...

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Yeah, If MGK only has a verse on Cinnamon I'm more than fine with that, 'cause Cinnamon feels like it can belong to NFR while still having this chill rap sound, you know? But if it is a new song, I hope it's for his thing

Lmao!!! If that machine guy ends up on a song like Cinnamon (which is allegedly one of the best on NFR) I’m unstanning

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Lana has a trashy side we known that ...she mixes with the wrong crowd. She Needs to stay away from rappers it’s cringy as hell. In my opinion she doesn’t suit them at all it devalues her. Keep them on there albums only. It would be a tragedy if she had a beautiful psychedelic cohersive album and slap bang in the middle is some hot garbage rap. The rap on LFL really lowered it in class.

we get it you don't like hip hop but it isn't always trashy or "garbage" and summer bummer is one of the best songs on lfl so that's a moot point.

Lana clearly loves it(hip hop)so the influence isn't going anywhere ,but I do agree its troubling that she had a album that she herself said was folk and electric guitar driven and has suddenly done a 180 though I do want some more up tempo tracks.

(Instrumental at 1:16 is just heaven)

This totally could go back to back with Venice Bitch. Guitar driven but with a good amount of hip hop influences.
Hip hop could really work on NFR if the rapping was more subdued and melodic instead of straight up bars. I can actually see NFR being genre bending as well but that won’t happen because musical risks and Lana Del Rey aren’t two words that go together in 2018 :diva:

omg i really dont care what she puts on her albums

its kinda the point to make it what she wants and for us to take it as it is and for what it is worth even if the concept/sound isn't what we imagined or planned for it to be 

e1s11.gif

i did too...... until she released lfl

Oh hush, LFL is better than Born to Die. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

lust for life is obviously a messy album with way too many fillers but it also has some of her best songs (get free, change, cherry, love, groupie love)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i want to, too, but this is shaping up to be a bigger mess than LFL :crossed:

One collab will not ruin the album :rip:

The tracklisting might be a mess but I think the surf rock folk trifecta will still be present

LFL was a culmination of poor choices and no album past or present will match its missed opportunities.

For example, I listen to this daily and am constantly reminded that BPBP could’ve been a career-defining song with a career-defining feature. Instead she Fine China’d the production on the final version.

https://youtu.be/wCApsO3WFXo