Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm bogus for thinking this could be her ultraviolence 2.0  :defeated:

I feel like she's pulling another LFL with supposed "last minute tracks" and her shitty collabs.

Me too and now I'm sad.  :icant:

The reason I wasn't crazy about LFL was because of all of the awful duets and guest vocals. She could have sang all those songs by herself just fine. Lana is not someone who needs help with collabs in order for her songs to sell. This is what kills me. 

I'm bummed out. 

giphy.gif

Am I the only one thinking the snippet is good? I don't like MGK, but the instrumental sounds lovely and depressive. Also I don't hear any trap beat like in LFL but y'all are always complaining too soon

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

you're comparing a song that has a minimal trap beat in the chorus to a song that literally features machine gun kelly after she released an album full of let downs

think rationally

I am thinking rationally. She's a singer I like - and she maybe decides to do a song with a rapper. That's about it. Life moves on.

She will be fine. You will be fine, trust me :)

The reason I wasn't crazy about LFL was because of all of the awful duets and guest vocals. She could have sang all those songs by herself just fine.

This! I just went back to LFL again after listening to some custom edits that chopped out the features and admittedly, I liked it a lot more than I remember. The thing that makes me zone out and not care is the collabs and bloody random rapping . . . I would prefer to have a deluxe or additional disk which is crammed full of remixes, duets and featured artists 

3lfQEhw.png

We jinxed it.... We said her best album was coming and then BAM she throws another mediocre rap feature right in our face  :defeated:  :defeated:

Hopefully this will be for HIS album and not Lana's. It wouldn't make sense for the two folk-ish songs and then have a rap song but honestly I wouldn't be surprised because of how inconsistent LFL was.  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

back when UV was in pre-release mode it was easy and common to shit on it

footnote for next era lanaboards: we fucking hate everything she's doing w the album

boom. then it's great

Ok, if this will be a LfL situation with an incoherent record and a bunch of forced-features, I think I'm done with her. I was already feeling like I'm probably over her after LfL but VB, MAC and the HTD and Cinnamon snippets really got me hyped again. Although my music taste has changed quite a lot since I was a major-BtD stan, I still love UV and HM and listen to them evey now and then and BtD and Paradise still hold a special place.

But I'm not here for another album where I have to skip every second or third track and where it's impossible to get into some sort of vibe cause it's just a chaotic mess.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

"Wah, this is gonna end bad for you

Imma go mad for you

I know you wanna be bad for me

I don't wanna go too fast for you"

This is so dumb. A 13 year old wrote it? I don't like rapp in general, they ALL sound the same to me. Although I might have not minded Eminem since his lyrics have a certain level of creative wordplay & INTELLECT, but this is just..um...

We know Marina might be featured too. I used to stan her before FROOT but currently she has become so pretentious & generic. I heard snippets from You, Baby & Emotional Machine (her new stuff)... Her lyrics have become so childish & lame at this point.

I dunno what to expect.

lmao a 16 year old can be hot. Chill

It's one thing to be a teenager and say your fellow teens are attractive, but it's pretty fuckin sus to have a grown ass man complimenting the vanity of a minor. 

Some y'all say 1 awkward opinion n the entire perspective changes, you really want a grown ass adult commenting about your potential child that they're hot? You want some ADULT to be thinkin how fuckable your MINOR child is? Hm.

It's one thing to be a teenager and say your fellow teens are attractive, but it's pretty fuckin sus to have a grown ass man complimenting the vanity of a minor.

Some y'all say 1 awkward opinion n the entire perspective changes, you really want a grown ass adult commenting about your potential child that they're hot? You want some ADULT to be thinkin how fuckable your MINOR child is? Hm.

I mean, so many old ladies told me I'm a beautiful boy and kept looking at me. I know what these old bitches up to

+ generally a 16 girl looks like an adult. And in most non retard countries it's perfectly legal for an adult to have sex with one

What collab would make you guys unstan Lana?

Migos

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Migos

And Lil Wayne. They don't just use autotune, they eat it for breakfast, brunch, dinner, they shower and sleep with it. It would be awful on a Lana song.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

But what's the big deal if it were on the record? Does anyone remember Honeymoon? Uh, HBTB was the lead single and literally sounds like Lil Wayne's "Lollipop". And we saw the rest of the album was regarded as some of her best work.

I really enjoy this forum, but the meltdowns are a bit much. And then we wonder why Lana turns off her comments? Some of ya'll need something else in your lives....

She should have got Lil Wayne to feature, Wayne is pretty underrated he has pretty good depth to a lot of his lyrics and can be quite witty and slick in his word play. Since most of Lana's songs have a theme he's one of very few rappers who would actually write a verse that fits in with the song and do it well enough. I also think her music would more suit rappers who rap quicker, I think that always works well when theres a slow singing part then the rap part kicks in and speeds up the song then it slows back down when the singer comes back in but her rap collabs with Rocky who is also a pretty slow rapper who kind of speaks didnt really add anything, Lana could have just done the whole songs and it wouldnt have made much difference to the song.

And Lil Wayne. They don't just use autotune, they eat it for breakfast, brunch, dinner, they shower and sleep with it. It would be awful on a Lana song.

He used to use autotune a lot but more recently he doesn't really do it.

I think this song Famous https://open.spotify.com/album/50yFYgKdwJANZ5O9MIbMkg off his new album was one of the best and could imagine Lana on it. Especially as Lana doesn't seem to really enjoy being famous either so it would have been true to both of them.

She should have got Lil Wayne to feature, Wayne is pretty underrated he has pretty good depth to a lot of his lyrics and can be quite witty and slick in his word play. Since most of Lana's songs have a theme he's one of very few rappers who would actually write a verse that fits in with the song and do it well enough. I also think her music would more suit rappers who rap quicker, I think that always works well when theres a slow singing part then the rap part kicks in and speeds up the song then it slows back down when the singer comes back in but her rap collabs with Rocky who is also a pretty slow rapper who kind of speaks didnt really add anything, Lana could have just done the whole songs and it wouldnt have made much difference to the song.

But you know you're basing this off of a 5 second snippet, right? That may or may not be on her album. Or any album.