Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

In this case, and I unfortunately think you're right, then it was a dumb as hell move to say what she said. Even if it was what she was thinking at the time. Now fans and critics alike hope for surf rock and RHCP vibes, and got a taste already with VB, and she's just setting everyone up for disappointment...

She could have hold saying anything, maybe she was super excited and I understand her seeing how good VB and Cinnamon sound like but I mean doesn't she have an agent??? A manager?? A publicist?? Idk just asking

She does. But we must not forget that she signed with Interscope and after UV, they pretty much gave her the creative liberty she wanted, it seems. In the end, nobody objected to VB, and it's a 10-minute single. So that liberty she has can be a two-sided sword: sometimes we will love what she will come up next and sometimes we won't.

I feel like all of those 4 had a lot more potential. ESPECCIALLY Coachella.

I don't mind Asap Rocky and Playboi Carti to be honest but I see why some people aren't into it

I used to think Playboi Carti was a joke as I only ever heard him doing adlibs on songs the same as he did on the song with Lana and I listened to his album when it came out mostly expecting it to be hilariously bad but it was actuallly a pretty nice trap album, probably the best one I heard this year.

She does. But we must not forget that she signed with Interscope and after UV, they pretty much gave her the creative liberty she wanted, it seems. In the end, nobody objected to VB, and it's a 10-minute single. So that liberty she has can be a two-sided sword: sometimes we will love what she will come up next and sometimes we won't.

Ok so let's see; HM is her most critically album yet, but LFL is the least. So maybe they need to figure out something here. There's limits to be put. Although I do see your point. But it pisses me off. I'm greedy af, cause she gave me a taste of her true potential. We shouldn't have to compromise. God knows I love her to death and beyond and I'm happy if she's happy but at the end of the day I'm a fan of her music and I shouldn't have to gamble every album idk I'm not being clear

ZKcaooE.png

NFR... isn't Machine Gun Kelly like the guy she describes in the Beats 1 interview ;

a man who thinks he is some special and amazing artist - and can be at times - but in the end is dumb/cocky/over confident ? 

Irony>? maybe she is on to something 

altho MGK is singing (speaking) in a way that should alarm her for falling for him 

yet she still falls for the bad guy 

like we all do 

we all fall for people who sometimes aren't the best for us ... just the way it is

I think its great that she has creative control but I think she needs an A&R or something - somebody to step in and maybe steer things so that she doesn't get too carried away.

She definitely needed somebody to help her put together LFL, simple things like swapping Groupie Love and In My Feelings improve the flow instantly - yet nobody saw that. There didn't seem to be much quality control.

I just really dislike MGK's voice. I'm sorry to those of you who like him but can Lana please stop these rap collabs?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

NFR... isn't Machine Gun Kelly like the guy she describes in the Beats 1 interview ;

a man who thinks he is some special and amazing artist - and can be at times - but in the end is dumb/cocky/over confident ? 

altho MGK is singing (speaking) in a way that should alarm her for falling for him 

like we all do 

we all fall for people who sometimes aren't the best for us ... just the way it is

I deadass thought this was a graham post at first lmao sorry :toofunny:

ZKcaooE.png

Yup, like release the album when its ready or get Jack to change the password to something she doesn't until she's ready to drop it. Can't be dealing with all these last minute additions - especially when last time she did this we got LFL.

While this is true, remember, she’s done this a bunch of times before. Hell, Paradise was a collection of left overs, really. Don’t forget, halfway through making UV, she decided last minute she’d find a new producer and it worked. Last minute decisions aren’t always bad, especially when it comes to some of her music.

Let’s not dog the album when we’ve not even heard it yet..... because I mean.... all we’ve heard was a 15 or 20 sec clip of her track with MGK

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Did you guys notice that even though we have snippets for a lot of songs, none of them are sad?

Give us at least 1  suicidal heart breaking ballad I want a song with the emotional impact of The Blackest Day again :(

like we all do 

This makes me feel better actually, imagine this was the song to end the album and MGK plays the part of the Norman Rockwell guy to close it out, where he thinks hes great and too good for her and she is dissing him in the song, that could actually work  with him playing a character.

Did you guys notice that even though we have snippets for a lot of songs, none of them are sad?

Give us at least 1  suicidal heart breaking ballad I want a song with the emotional impact of The Blackest Day again :(

I wouldn't call the Cinnamon melody happy but I see your point  :smokes3:

ZKcaooE.png

Ok so let's see; HM is her most critically album yet, but LFL is the least. So maybe they need to figure out something here. There's limits to be put. Although I do see your point. But it pisses me off. I'm greedy af, cause she gave me a taste of her true potential. We shouldn't have to compromise. God knows I love her to death and beyond and I'm happy if she's happy but at the end of the day I'm a fan of her music and I shouldn't have to gamble every album idk I'm not being clear

LFL was as critically acclaimed as HM. Don’t They have the same Metacriric score (which combines critic and fan scores)? Hardcore stans were the ones who didn’t like it. And it debuted at number 1 too. All of those look good for her with interscope.

I do agree we should not overreact; but it is seemingly different vibe from VB and MAC

I would love a new song to cry to, to drive to, to feel ALIVE to, to feel reality, to sense her emotions as similar to the pain we all experience at times with love... thats why I listened to her in the beginning...

now I find myself listening to other artists. which is fine,

but hopefully Lana returns to her roots of storytelling and poetry and weaving in real raw emotions. 

we shall see

FOR ALL WE FUCKING KNOW, THE MGK TRACK COULD BE AN INTERLUDE CAN WE ALL PLEASE JUST CALM THE FUCK DOWN?????

K thx

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I just really dislike MGK's voice. I'm sorry to those of you who like him but can Lana please stop these rap collabs?

Same, theres many rappers especially I just can't listen to because of their voices Logic, Drake, G-Eazy, MGK mainly just them 4 actually as I cant think of others just now. Scary to think Lana has now made music with 2 of them :deadbanana:

oh my god this is career suicide, we're gonna have to cancel her soon if she keeps making dumb bitch ass decisions

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e