Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I feel like it's odd for some people seeing her have a more positive message and calmer vibe in her songs and that's why they haven't gotten the same amount of love as her previous 3 albums. Lust For Life and Honeymoon are very different albums and vibes, even if the Honeymoon era was when her style and image began to shift.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I feel like it's odd for some people seeing her have a more positive message and calmer vibe in her songs and that's why they haven't gotten the same amount of love as her previous 3 albums. Lust For Life and Honeymoon are different albums even if the Honeymoon era was when her style and image began to shift.

Nah, its just those "positive messages and calmer vibes" came with poorer lyrics, bad production and unnecessary collabs.

A rap feature won’t ruin the entire album, just skip the song if you don’t like it, delete it from your library, act like it doesn’t exist, it’s not that deep. Y’all act like she’s about to drop a joint album with MGK.

But she's an album artist, its so frustrating listening to LFL cos I'm constantly skipping - I wanna enjoy Lana continuously for an hour or so and up until now her albums have been soundscapes and moods that you can escape within. I don't wanna have to come back to reality ever 4 minutes to skip poor songs.

I really like it as well, although not his part, I was more seeing it in a general fandom perspective. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I heard more people disliking it than liking it. And if that is true, then he's a big part responsible for it. Don't know if the fact he's a man weights in but for me it definitely does.

See Lana sings so much about 1) being submissive 2) reclaiming her subversiveness, that having an actual male voice on HER records feels to me like he's walking with big heavy boots all over her idk this is stupid but it's a primal feeling I don't like it I don't want her to be supplanted on her own records I need her voice alone, another woman's voice is already on the very edge for me

You're right about the fact that many people hate TNC.

We'll have to wait and see. 

I am relieved to hear that the rumors that it was a dissing track seem false. 

for all of you who wanted depressed and sad Lana, I think NFR will serve. Even HIaB is kind of a downer lol and that collab with MGK won't tell a story ending up with a wedding. 

Some people are hoping for an album that works as a whole piece though you can just listen through and feel the vibe. His corny white guy rapping voice will just take you out the vibe of the music we are hoping for.

Then just delete the song from your library. It’s a last minute addition, the vibe and flow of the album won’t get ruined by getting rid of it.

I totally get people who are complaining about the song and her collabing with MGK, but the people who are already cancelling the album and calling it lfl act 2 are doing the most.

qfrWuBl.png

she needs to stop the last minute additions to the record. 

Yup, like release the album when its ready or get Jack to change the password to something she doesn't until she's ready to drop it. Can't be dealing with all these last minute additions - especially when last time she did this we got LFL.

Yup, like release the album when its ready or get Jack to change the password to something she doesn't until she's ready to drop it. Can't be dealing with all these last minute additions - especially when last time she did this we got LFL.

What were the last minute editions to LFL?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

What were the last minute editions to LFL?

Coachella, Change, White Mustang and In My Feelings I believe...

She also added A$AP and Playboi Carti to Summer Bummer

Then just delete the song from your library. It’s a last minute addition, the vibe and flow of the album won’t get ruined by getting rid of it.

I totally get people who are complaining about the song and her collabing with MGK, but the people who are already cancelling the album and calling it lfl act 2 are doing the most.

But why does she have to make last minute additions :( It shouldn't be up to US to delete a song, it should be up to her to make an album coherent and cohesive without randomly deciding to add things that don't bring anything. I'm gonna be dead blunt but if I'm paying not only 15€ for a physical album, but also the LP and merch and tour tickets, I want my album to be FINISHED. It's like in video games. I mean Coachella is one of the most hated released Lana songs.

ZKcaooE.png

I dont even think these are last minute additions. maybe she’s still writing and creating stuff for the album just casue she feels like it? maybe she wasn’t satisfied with what she got until now and is trying something new. we dont know if the album was already done when she dropped VB/Mac, she probably was still in the process so yeah maybe this is just what she wants to do now, idk.

anyways i don’t know yet what to think about the collab, it sounds like an intro for me, or a spoken bridge with is vocals, idk, i’ll wait and see

But why does she have to make last minute additions :( It shouldn't be up to US to delete a song, it should be up to her to make an album coherent and cohesive without randomly deciding to add things that don't bring anything. I'm gonna be dead blunt but if I'm paying not only 15€ for a physical album, but also the LP and merch and tour tickets, I want my album to be FINISHED. It's like in video games. I mean Coachella is one of the most hated released Lana songs.

100%, like for real. I wanna buy an album and enjoy it, not have to remove 5 tracks and rejig the digital tracklist repeatedly until it flows (like I did with LFL) only to then put the CD on and have to skip songs repeatedly.

Coachella, Change, White Mustang and In My Feelings I believe...

She also added A$AP and Playboi Carti to Summer Bummer

I feel like all of those 4 had a lot more potential. ESPECCIALLY Coachella.

I don't mind Asap Rocky and Playboi Carti to be honest but I see why some people aren't into it

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I dont even think these are last minute additions. maybe she’s still writing and creating stuff for the album just casue she feels like it? maybe she wasn’t satisfied with what she got until now and is trying something new. we dont know if the album was already done when she dropped VB/Mac, she probably was still in the process so yeah maybe this is just what she wants to do now, idk.

anyways i don’t know yet what to think about the collab, it sounds like an intro for me, or a spoken bridge with is vocals, idk, i’ll wait and see

In this case, and I unfortunately think you're right, then it was a dumb as hell move to say what she said. Even if it was what she was thinking at the time. Now fans and critics alike hope for surf rock and RHCP vibes, and got a taste already with VB, and she's just setting everyone up for disappointment...

She could have hold saying anything, maybe she was super excited and I understand her seeing how good VB and Cinnamon sound like but I mean doesn't she have an agent??? A manager?? A publicist?? Idk just asking

ZKcaooE.png

I mean she confirmed 11 songs, HIAB was teased in March, same time the album title was decided - a music video was shot at some point and she was ready to drop VB as the lead single in August according to her Beats interview.

Yes, it might be a Honeymoon situation, where she said she had 9 songs finalised but needed a few more to complete it.

But instead its feeling very LFL, the album has 18 tracks, BAR and Yosemite are on the album, now they're not, that little poem I made up in the forest is now a 4 minute trap song, oh theres a diss track now I broke up with G Eazy, lets chuck Change in there too. This was the intro but its not anymore. Here's the BAR music video for a different song.

Lets hope shes very generous and decides to let MGK use the song for his next album, then we dont have to worry  :P   :hooker:

I don't mind her making all types of music and doing what she wants but her being my favourite and it being her album I would like her to keep her own albums more cohesive as until LFL all her albums really went well together and they're great to listen to all the way through and LFL just wasnt the same even though it was a good mix of songs, she just makes such good albums when she keeps them to a similar vibe it feels like an oppertunity missed with LFL.

I feel like all of those 4 had a lot more potential. ESPECCIALLY Coachella.

I don't mind Asap Rocky and Playboi Carti to be honest but I see why some people aren't into it

That's the point, they all had much more potential. But she was insistent on including them and therefore lyrically and sonically they appear rushed on the final record. Rather than waiting for the next one and mastering them fully.

And we know this MGK track has legit been done this week... Is her deadline close? 

I'm sad to see it being true but at least yall can go back to page 150 and around and see I never said I thought it would top UV lmao. I got that for myself, UV is forever my fav album ever

How many albums does she still have to put out in her contract? Could it be the label pushing her??

ZKcaooE.png

Ok but like what does she get out of posting all these snippets and then moving on to the next song?

Maybe she’s just trolling on here too lmao

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE AZALEA SAID “this is gonna end bad for you Lana” and there she is with MGK saying that in a track Hahahaha

I'm sad to see it being true but at least yall can go back to page 150 and around and see I never said I thought it would top UV lmao. I got that for myself, UV is forever my fav album ever

How many albums does she still have to put out in her contract? Could it be the label pushing her??

They ARE both signed to interscope so

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole