Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I HAVE TO LAUGH DJSBBDNS

you’re trolling right?

you want fucking MGK and EYE am the one trolling?

What's wrong with that list of artists? All of them are good at what they do/did.

giphy.gif

I think as an artist she is quite self-conflicting... She built up the character of Lana Del Rey (Ray pre-2011) and personified her music to give us this music she described as "hollywood sadcore", everything was exaggerated and at times thrilling - living up to her gangster Nancy Sinatra persona.

However she slowly started to dismantle the brand she had created and shifted (I believe this began with Honeymoon) into a more sophisticated and almost surreal soundscape - leaving behind the Bonnie and Clyde ideology and replacing the harsher hip-hop influences with softer and more subtle trap instrumentation. And it is at this time that I believe she should've branched out and began collaborating with artists like Stevie Nicks and Sean Ono Lennon.

And I believe that Lust For Life was going to follow in the footsteps of Honeymoon and explore this new found direction - however for some reason she brought back the hip-hop influences and Born To Die style production (especially White Mustang and Summer Bummer) and then began collaborating with rappers. Personally, it felt like a step backwards and I don't know whether she herself just felt she needed to work with these people or if instead it was an attempt or desire to win back fans after the negativity towards Honeymoon.

Basically, it's strange to me that once again she may have that desire to stop progressing and developing her artistry and instead fall back on the hip-hop/trap records and collaborate with rappers.

I think the reason behind this was all the BTD fans who constantly keep asking her to do something similar to that album. Like it or not but the majority of her fanbase thinks BTD is her best album and they are always asking her to repeat that sound. I saw her live for the first time earlier this year and I was shocked when she asked the audience what she should sing and a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people started screaming Dark Paradise. I'm pretty sure she felt somewhat pressed by the fanbase and decided to go back to that sound. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Here are some acceptable collabs:

Lana x Marina

Lana x Melanie

Lana x Lil Peep

Lana x Lil Uzi Vert

Lana x X

Calling someone for lack of taste and then you post this...lol

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Here are some acceptable collabs:

Lana x Marina

Lana x Melanie

Lana x Lil Peep

Lana x Lil Uzi Vert

Lana x X

Sadly I am only willing to entertain one of these collaborations and that is Marina - and by entertain I mean tolerate. Marina is obviously a good friend of hers but sonically and aesthetically I don't see them collaborating effectively at all (perhaps writing).

Again artists like Melanie Martinez, Lil Peep and Lil Uzi Vert would only damage her artistry further. She is at a very different place in her career and even a collaboration with Machine Gun Kelly feels beneath her and her music. If she wanted to collaborate with a rapper it would have to be A$AP Rocky purely because there's a natural chemistry between them and their sounds compliment one another.

?????

what negativity??????

???????

A lot of fans were disappointed with Honeymoon - saying it was too slow and boring etc. I think that and (as mentioned by Cacciatore) the fans desire for a Born To Die 2.0 lead to what ultimately became Lust For Life.

you want fucking MGK and EYE am the one trolling?

What's wrong with that list of artists? All of them are good at what they do/did.

tha fact is that i was REALLY trolling lmao (i don’t care if she collabs with mgk or not, i mean, i’ll take whatever) but yet you want a MELANIE COLLAB? hdjsnsjsn i really have to laugh, sorry

tha fact is that i was REALLY trolling lmao (i don’t care if she collabs with mgk or not, i mean, i’ll take whatever) but yet you want a MELANIE COLLAB? hdjsnsjsn i really have to laugh, sorry

yes I want a melanie collab. i love melanie and her music.

giphy.gif

We're having an intense, heated and important discussion on the future of her music and Lana's just laughing and vaping and twerking in the studio in comfy and basic yet designer clothes

ZKcaooE.png

yes I want a melanie collab. i love melanie and her music.

I like a lot of artists, let's use Charli XCX as an example. However I do not want her to collaborate with Lana Del Rey, purely because I respect that they are very different artists and yes they may both be good at what they do - but what they do is not the same thing.

you’re so random honestly.

i like melanie too but that doesn’t mean they would fit in a song together..........you’re a troll, i can’t

i am not a troll. i'm dead ass serious. 

even if they wouldn't fit in a song together, they could still write together. same with Marina and Lil Uzi Vert.

giphy.gif

even if they wouldn't fit in a song together, they could still write together. same with Marina and Lil Uzi Vert.

I still can't see them collaborating in any manner - they're too different.

Lana sings to her daddy from the eyes of a whore, infatuated with older men.

Melanie sings to her daddy from the eyes of an adult baby (or whatever her aesthetic is).

They COULD. And I have nothing against your tastes, I'm not one to judge. But do I want it? No

ZKcaooE.png