Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

HIAB is still the worst song on the album. :hooker:

To me it sounds like two different songs badly welded together, but of course I can't judge until I have heard the entire thing.

Finally listened to the snippets and wow I kinda like what they did with HTD? But I'm glad we also got the piano version, queen of diversity  :defeated:

I feel like the title track and California will fucking destroy me, these are the ones I'm the most excited about after these snippets  :legend:

And wow she completely butchered BAR didn't she?  :noparty:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but CINNAMON.  :defeated: I'm going into cardiac arrest. FIILY gives me hardcore Lizzy Grant vibes - especially the "turn the radio on/dancing to a pop song" part.

tenor.gif?itemid=7986116

btw the studio version of HTD sounds beautiful and celestial wtf

y'all need to wash your ears

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

i’m trying to refrain from listening to snippets; can anyone give brief words abt the mood of the record? like i’ve been DYING for another deeper/sad gurl record (ie:not LFL) is it at all anyway beautifully done like UV?

I think at some point Lana described the album as very introspective? Because is very that.

btw the studio version of HTD sounds beautiful and celestial wtf

y'all need to wash your ears

How are people not thrilled that it actually got some production...I went from not being interested at all to really looking forward to it

We've been talking for months now about how BAR would fit nicely on NFR because of the lyrics about her dating a guy who was too busy trying to make this great record and then she decided to change the lyrics to that nonsense... honestly I hope I'm wrong but I hate the new lyrics. I feel bad for judging based on a 30 seconds snippet but I really don't like the changes, it's awful.

I loved every snippet. I’m just a little disappointed with Cinnamon Girl. Based on the snippet they removed the bass and a weird sound you hear when she goes “Ah Aaah Aaaah”. I still love it though.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

21 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

every song on this album can be tied back to another usually superior song on her discography. Mariners Apartment Complex sounds like Ultraviolence,

Next Best American Record (demo) sounds like The Blackest Day, Cinnamon Girl sounds like Summer Bummer, etc. not saying it won't be an amazing album but it's getting a bit repetitive which is why she is only left with her core fanbase this time around unlike the last album.  

ATRL  :facepalm:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.