Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'd say the opposite

Β 

Ok, werk.

All these stans making it sound like this is her Magum Opus

Β 

Β 

Non-stans too. And very soon every publication in the world.

Β 

You and other 3 Ultraviolence and Honeymoon stans on this board are in the minority.

Β 

tenor.gif

NFR is amazing but yeah the mastering is sloppy, let's just face facts :awkney:

No I totally agree about this and it's totally sad

It's like they didn't focus on details and it's very important

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

NFR is amazing but yeah the mastering is sloppy, let's just face facts :awkney:

Β 

Finally someone that gets it.

Β 

I did write a short (but lenghty review lol) yesterday, and like it's a good album, definitely not saying it's her best. There are just artistic decisions that were made that I find to be very sub par, and like... cheap.

people here just miss the dramatic nature of UV and BTD and this album is less dramatic,more honest and introspective..if they stopped expecting all her records to sound the same,they will appreciate NFR even more.

Β 

Bingo. But I'm reading other forums for reactions and people get it.!

Β 

JCgmJih.png

Non-stans too. And very soon every publication in the world.

Β 

You and other 3 Ultraviolence and Honeymoon stans on this board are in the minority.

Β 

tenor.gif

Β 

Honestly it's just hilarious how you're always using Honeymoon and Ultraviolence as some sort of leverage to make something that NFR is not.

Β 

Which also begs the question, if you don't like these albums all that much, what's got you into Lana, sorry but like you jumped from Born To Die right to L*st for Life? :rip:

Β 

Norman Fucking Rockwell is a cute album, but it ain't aaall it.Β 

Β 

We all know that if Lana was not at the receiving end of all that hatred in the beginning of her career she would've had critical acclaims after critical acclaims, and THAT is a fact.Β 

why did it sound so much better here?

they took something out of the track and leave the Rick x Kieron beats on the final version for sure

Β 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZOZdruJwa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-dYoW2OB9k

RIGHT? That's the version I want. Why would they change it? It obviously sounds better that way, I really don't understand what happened. The strings in the version we got sound like CRAP.

But technical things like the changes of mic in the middle of the song and the lines with different volume gains are not on her. It's Jack's and that audio engineer's whose name I forgot lol

This is not jack, this is Lana because the same thing has happened on other albums. It’s her cheap microphone she sings through sometimes.

Β 

Tbh it really diminishes the quality of the album for me. It takes away from the song and seems very unprofessional.

Β 

I’m kind of underwhelmed with the album. California was WAY overhyped. It’s extremely overproduced and I’m not particularly a fan of her vocal delivery, and the changes in the quality of the mic just really bother me. HTD is awful. NFR and Love Song are highlights for me. Her voice on Love Song is absolutely heavenly, and I love how simple it is.

This is not jack, this is Lana because the same thing has happened on other albums. It’s her cheap microphone she sings through sometimes.

Β 

Tbh it really diminishes the quality of the album for me. It takes away from the song and seems very unprofessional.

Β 

I’m kind of underwhelmed with the album. California was WAY overhyped. It’s extremely overproduced and I’m not particularly a fan of her vocal delivery, and the changes in the quality of the mic just really bother me. HTD is awful. NFR and Love Song are highlights for me. Her voice on Love Song is absolutely heavenly, and I love how simple it is.

I don't thinks it's HER mic Lol. Producers have mic in their studios.

Β 

Β 

Β 

This I can agree with 100%. It's a good song, there's no denying that, but it's not anything outstanding.Β 

β™‘Β Β standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenΒ β™‘

It’s definitely her most adventurous sound wise. You can debate quality all you want but Honeymoon was in NO way experimental or a step out of her comfort zone. Maybe UV was but it’s not that edgy to be rock and roll these days. Quite honestly it’s edgier to go for a softer more mellow sound in a time when pop bangers are served up left and right.

Β 

I’ve been tentative about being super positive because I feel like for every person who likes the record there is someone on here that is determined to make people dislike it or point out why positive opinions are wrong or that they are going to change because it’s too fresh. I Listened just once but I know for a fact it’s going to stay my favorite Lana record because it’s the kind of stuff I’ve always dreamed of her doing. Some of y’all are obsessed with Honeymoon and some of y’all are obsessed with UV and I’m feeling good about finally having my own Lana album to consider her peak.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Agree, but sometimes as a producer don't you put your feet down and try to make a point for the betterment of the project you're working on? I mean I very much imagine Lana being a bit stubborn in the studio and wanting things to work her way, and from what I head she had fights while working on Ultraviolence because I imagine Dan Auerbach being as equally stubborn... and look how it turned out to be?Β 

Β 

For NFR I feel like both of them were feeling going for this "quality", so I blame the both of them (but Jack I blame you the most).