Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Okay gals and gays here's the link to the recording.

https://clyp.it/cickv21a

I recorded doin' time, and left the room in the middle of the recording, so I was unaware it recorded another song after Doin' Time. The interview with Lana starts up again at 10:17 if you want to skip that second song. <3

A literal angel to us employed girls & gays who couldn’t listen. <3 u

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Hi I know this has probably been asked for a million times but can someone link me to any HQ photos from the NFR album shoot? If we only have the cover for now that's fine but ultra HQ versions at least? 

Wow great interview, they asked her such amazing questions. So glad we know what drink she’d get :crossed:

Still better than Annie Mac & the Billboard one though. These are never long enough, I wish we had like a whole hour interview with solid questions.

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

So, I'm back from hearing the full album and I'm blown away. I had never felt so many intense emotions listening to one of Lana's albums for the first time. The production is out of this world, her vocals are so damn crystal clear on most of the tracks, her high notes sound amazing and her lows are strong and warm. The title track is her best imo, with Honeymoon. I wasn't ready for the vocals at the end, chills all over my body. MAC, VB, FIILY still sound amazing, love them. FIILY is not the single one btw. Love DT too but doesn't fit the record, I'm sorry.

But now, let's talk about Love song. Call me sensitive, but I had never cried so much on a song before. Seriously. It made me feel things in places I didn't even know existed, it tore me apart. The line "you know that I just die to make you proud" transformed my eyes into rivers. I cannot understand the people who find it boring. But maybe it's a song you can only understand if you've been through something strong.

Cinnamon Girl is outstanding, HTD is really cute and I don't think it's messed up at all.

California was my second big crying momemt but I was expecting that. I just relate to the lyrics to a point that it made me ache. That one was painful but absolutely gorgeous.

I think TNBAR would've been way better in LFL but I've always loved the song and I'm glad she kept the same bridge. I love when her voice cracks on "all the roads lead to you".

TG is an amazing track, MAC's sister. Bartender is captivating. Definitely weird in its own way. The chords are so original and I'm in love with the verses.

HIAB is spectacular. Don't really know what else to say, it's so pretty and calming, very touching.

Finally, Hope is my favourite for so many reasons.

If I had to make a top 5, I'd go with Hope, Love song, Cinnamon Girl, California and NFR (followed by HIAB and Bartender, the order will most likely change)

Overall, this album is pretty much what I've always wanted from Lana.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

@@FallingCherry you just speak facts man. I felt the same way as you did. This album is truly a masterpiece...the production and the way her vocals are layered up,the chords and the warmth of Love Song. ... people here just miss the dramatic nature of UV and BTD and this album is less dramatic,more honest and introspective..if they stopped expecting all her records to sound the same,they will appreciate NFR even more.

This album is really a gay's dream. .. .

MAC and VB still sound so fresh and strong.

Lana pls adopt me as your brother.