Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I really love the vibrato on the note, she sings it beautifully, but it sounds really weird and off. If the acapella leaks someday, I will fix it for sure

I can't decide if I like or dislike some of the clumsy production. In NFR you can hear the microphone direction change, Love Song has noticeable distance differences, the ambient hiss on BAR. I guess the scuffles add an authentic element to the album but it's a liiiittle unprofessional. Like no one listened to it in-depth before it was pressed.

3lfQEhw.png

Terms and conditions says it’s only for UK residents but when you’re about to fill in the form, you have to pick a country? I’m confused lol, but I’m gonna try my luck anyway. :hooker:

Ahh, I didn’t catch that part. It did let me enter with my address but I guess I won’t hold my breath waiting to see if I win!

Am I the only one thinking the "youuuuu" on the second verse of the title track sounds off? I mean, when she sings "ahhhhh" at the end of the first verse, it's a C5 and it's on key, but the "you" at the end of the second verse is a centred C#5 and it sounds off key. Maybe it's not and it just sounds weird to my ear but I find it strange she hits a centred C5 the first time and a centred C#5 the second time, over the same chords. And it's not even like she sang a bit sharp, since it's literally super centred.

If you listen carefully, both chords are different tho. The chord Jack plays before the first chorus and the chord before the second chorus differ, so I guess that's why she sang a different note

no one:

loreen: iS tHeRE goInG tO bE a mV for dOin' tIMe????? iS iT reAal?????

caN y'All cONFirM tHAT??!

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Ahaha yes! I heard that when I first heard the cassette leak. I don't mind it since it just shows she didn't use auto tune, but yeah she overshoots it slightly. Personally I think it adds to the drama and ridiculousness of it, so I like it :)

I love it and to be honest I think it was intentional. It adds a jazzy kind of undertone which we know she loves.

edit: I’m way too lit rn to be posting LMFAO

that's exactly what she refers to; that and the fact that there's actually life other than us

If you listen carefully, both chords are different tho. The chord Jack plays before the first chorus and the chord before the second chorus differ, so I guess that's why she sang a different note

Maybe with earphones I'll be able to discern a change in the chords, for the moment I have only played the album on my 2006 CD player so I guess the sound isn't the best :rip:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Maybe with earphones I'll be able to discern a change in the chords, for the moment I have only played the album on my 2006 CD player so I guess the sound isn't the best :rip:

From what I hear the chord differs with one note and that's probably the exact note Lana sings, so that's why it becomes noticeable :)

Am I the only one who's OCD is kicking in when seeing the capitalization of the whole album? Like, why is the title track on Spotify "Norman fucking Rockwell" and not "Norman Fucking Rockwell" like the actual album title etc AARRGGHHHH

honestly I did not like Love Song at all but when I listened to it just then it blew my mind

I loved it when cassette leak came out. Got bored when the HQ leak came out. Now I can't stop humming it in my head. This song is simple but it's something else (like White Mustang, but better)

From what I hear the chord differs with one note and that's probably the exact note Lana sings, so that's why it becomes noticeable :)

Am I the only one who's OCD is kicking in when seeing the capitalization of the whole album? Like, why is the title track on Spotify "Norman fucking Rockwell" and not "Norman Fucking Rockwell" like the actual album title etc AARRGGHHHH

Btw not only this track, basically the whole album