Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Am I the only one thinking the "youuuuu" on the second verse of the title track sounds off? I mean, when she sings "ahhhhh" at the end of the first verse, it's a C5 and it's on key, but the "you" at the end of the second verse is a centred C#5 and it sounds off key. Maybe it's not and it just sounds weird to my ear but I find it strange she hits a centred C5 the first time and a centred C#5 the second time, over the same chords. And it's not even like she sang a bit sharp, since it's literally super centred.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I wouldn’t do it if I were you because it’ll decrease my chances of winning but you can enter to win Paris rickets from her Universal store site without buying anything...

Terms and conditions says it’s only for UK residents but when you’re about to fill in the form, you have to pick a country? I’m confused lol, but I’m gonna try my luck anyway. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Am I the only one thinking the "youuuuu" on the second verse of the title track sounds off? I mean, when she sings "ahhhhh" at the end of the first verse, it's a C5 and it's on key, but the "you" at the end of the second verse is a centred C#5 and it sounds off key. Maybe it's not and it just sounds weird to my ear but I find it strange she hits a centred C5 the first time and a centred C#5 the second time, over the same chords. And it's not even like she sang a bit sharp, since it's literally super centred.

Ahaha yes! I heard that when I first heard the cassette leak. I don't mind it since it just shows she didn't use auto tune, but yeah she overshoots it slightly. Personally I think it adds to the drama and ridiculousness of it, so I like it :)

3lfQEhw.png

Ahaha yes! I heard that when I first heard the cassette leak. I don't mind it since it just shows she didn't use auto tune, but yeah she overshoots it slightly. Personally I think it adds to the drama and ridiculousness of it, so I like it :)

It's a very pretty note, but it is sharp. 

I really love the vibrato on the note, she sings it beautifully, but it sounds really weird and off. If the acapella leaks someday, I will fix it for sure

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

OMG, lol: it's not her best but I love the below songs. And the album is more eclectic than others which is a bonus.

1. "Love"

2."Lust for Life" (featuring The Weeknd)

3."13 Beaches"

6.Summer Bummer"

7. Groupie Love" (featuring ASAP Rocky)

10.God Bless America – and All the Beautiful Women in It"

11."When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing"

12."Beautiful People Beautiful Problems" (featuring Stevie Nicks)

13."Tomorrow Never Came" (featuring Sean Ono Lennon)

There are a lot of creative, fresh, three-dimensional songs on it, among the ho-hum tracks. I greatly prefer it to UV or HM, and to NFR.

My favorite part of HTD is the jingle bells part because I’m sad and afraid but it makes me feel like it’s gonna be okay. Every song shud have jingle bells, they’re aesthetically and sonically evocative of the human experience thru the lense of the galaxy brain.