Candy Galore

Artists You Used To Listen To

panic! at the disco - racism, pedophilia

nicki minaj - above (although her best songs are in my downloads :hooker:)

set it off, mayday parade, bring me the horizon - grew out of

kesha - i listen to animal + cannibal but ive never really liked anything past that.. not even warrior (with the exception of like two songs)

1 hour ago, avenue said:

nicki minaj

because she married a sex offender & supported multiple pedophiles :awkney:

she's extremely talented and sometimes i find myself longing for her stuff but i just can't support her

You changed your name!

:suicide:

IMG-3521.jpg

marilyn manson for obvious reasons.
i used to listen to slayyyter for some reason, then her music just became grating to me.
kim petras is also one that i don't really understand why i liked at one point. despite the dr. luke mess her voice is grating and everything of hers is DOA.
panic at the disco - once it became a brendon urie solo act.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

i'm honestly just so conflicted about ms. onika. she introduced me to rap in a way, not the guys, and she really was/is the pinkprint. 
of course the stuff on her and her music aren't exclusive and ofc we're supposed to think for ourselves, but that kinda just sours things for me, which is kinda really sad. 

I like to think that I'll listen to her stuff before all those allegations/ stuff came out (i kinda don't wanna read into it so much cus again, her ability and i'd think that she's always been about family and maybe she's defending hers, but it's still pretty shit what she's like ignoring, also, i don't wanna get disturbed any further) and i think to myself well maybe zero cents a stream once or so in a while'd be ok. 

social listening? maybe w friends who're aware and are listening compartmentally and mindfully. 

it also gets me thinking about how these things are there, but also she's a black woman in the male dominated rap industry and how those struggles are valid as well, inexcusable for the former, but the latter makes having her music a bit more easier to enjoy bc her struggle and overcoming that itself separately is inspiring. i try to separate the art itself from the messiness, cus that's still a valid part of the music collective and it wouldn't be fair to blot out her contribution especially when she got a lot of shit for paving the way for others like her (and idk i haven't really heard any other female rappers/ even men lately at her caliber). 

i'm not gonna shit on her memory cus it's not all that she is, her whole self cus of those she supports, but ofc i don't support that aspect of her existence. I think mindful listening every now and then is, for me, personally alrite to do on her earlier stuff, context on tracks, but i'm really hoping that she cleans up her surrounding situation. the other women that followed her aren't really competition and it's just a loss for the genre. 

that's my personal take, and i dislike ever being told how to be, but the social aspect of it makes me cautious and even more mindful of how i might listen to some of her earlier stuff. 

UV/Honeymoon

34 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

kesha - i listen to animal + cannibal but ive never really liked anything past that.. not even warrior (with the exception of like two songs)

Kesha doesnt like Warrior either :lolliney:

i say, dive into her unreleased! its (almost) a never ending treasure trove :lolliney:

Marilyn Manson  - Obvious reasons

Melanie Martinez - I'm not a fake deep 15 year old anymore :awkney: Carousel, Play Date and Cake are still bops tho

Britney Spears - I still listen to her sometimes but I'm not a stan like I used to be a few years ago (I would go to Breathe Heavy every day and listen to her albums non stop)

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Mars Argo - I got bored of her music sadly :poordat: Madison Beer - really only liked her unreleased stuff but I also moved on from her very quick.. and  Kim.. used to kinda listen to her old stuff but moved on well before the atrocity known as Slut Pop came out

I'm inside of my own human body but I don't feel it yet

36 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

panic! at the disco - racism, pedophilia

forgot him :trisha:

i used to LOVE his stuff back in middle school and then i kinda just forgot and then i saw the racism + pedophilia stuff and officially got turned off :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 hours ago, avenue said:

nicki minaj

because she married a sex offender & supported multiple pedophiles :awkney:

she's extremely talented and sometimes i find myself longing for her stuff but i just can't support her

we need to spread this more i think

i used to listen to tiffany trump and unironically like her music... i kinda wanna go listen again

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

i used to listen to drake a lot - loved his tracks like from time, over my dead body, shot for me, under ground kings, and wednesday night interlude :xcry: i also used to listen to jhene aiko's 'souled out' album so much - the song wading still affects me :xcry: i also loved jaden's song PCH :xcry: but now that depressed rnb-loving party girl is dead :xcry:

mUENGN9.png

harry styles bc idk i just got bored of him lol

and taylor swift bc well… lover happened and tbh i was kinda fed up with her ass since that "i'm so goofy 🤪" delicate video