caolicolor

Magdalena Bay

2 hours ago, stupidapartmentcomplex said:

CRY FOR YOU SONG OF THE YEAR

49tA0gF.gif?ex=66cae78c&is=66c9960c&hm=e

5 minutes ago, Obduration said:

This is easily AOTY. I didn’t think anyone was gonna top Brat. Never listened before yesterday and Imaginal Disk is a pop masterpiece!

:gclap:

As expected, the album’s excellent. Mercurial World’s one of my favorite albums released in recent years so I won’t say Imaginal Disk is better but it’s def an amazing follow-up. I also looove how they connected both albums by having The Beginning transition into She Looked Like Me

sig-cropped.png

Dare I say something controversial but this album reminds me of if we lived in a timeline where Grimes didn't fall down the tacky, tasteless, AI slop "cyborg anime e-girl" elon musk faux intellectual trite dumbass pipeline and actually achieved happiness with a fulfilled life and then put out an album with her level of talent.

Like I hadn't listened to Magdalena Bay's work much previously until this album but I've liked everything I've heard so far. It has a really eclectic and well articulated sound, this album is really weaving in and out of the experimental and the catchy / electronic. It feels not afraid to be different and yet not afraid to have fun at the same time which I really, really like.

Update I have only listened to this album since Friday and it’s currently number 1 fav album of all time I’m so serious

14 hours ago, pin up galore said:

Watching T.V. :squidward: the vocal clipping at the end :trisha3:

I love the way this song ends the whole album has really ominous instrumentals through out it and it really lends itself to the concept and vibe they were going for. I love the reoccurring arpeggios in songs like fear, sex and that’s my floor.