Trash Magic

Trash Magic * Lizzy Grant Lower East Side Jams 🎶

So prophetic, I called it that before choosing heavy hitter

Vulgar.png

That's because you understand me :crying3:

Look at you slaying almost all my unreleased covers:

2EuPhmw.png

Hi, Trash Magic ! I was wondering if you could take me into the making of of this wonderful cover of yours ?

56479-new_preview.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKI

Like how did you do the face, is it composed of different pictures and if so which ones, the hair, the inspiration behind this sort of nocturnal interpretation of the album etc .. ?

I use it for "Meet me in the Pale Moonlight", personally, don't know why, I loved this cover and I wanted to have it in my library and MMITPM popped up and I thought it suited the title ... ^^

Thanks !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Hi, Trash Magic ! I was wondering if you could take me into the making of of this wonderful cover of yours ?

56479-new_preview.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKI

Like how did you do the face, is it composed of different pictures and if so which ones, the hair, the inspiration behind this sort of nocturnal interpretation of the album etc .. ?

I use it for "Meet me in the Pale Moonlight", personally, don't know why, I loved this cover and I wanted to have it in my library and MMITPM popped up and I thought it suited the title ... ^^

Thanks !

Well, I liked that at the time, and a lot of people said it was strange lol. Because all the elements were quite low quality I used the smudge tool etc.

My aim was to create a completely different feel of the album, a whole nother look. I wanted to tap into the mysteriousness surrounding Lana when Video Games came out. Creating this kind of spanish look with tanned skin, darker hair etc. I might revisit it because I think it has potential. 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

What an incredible song and opening track to Ultraviolence. The guitars, this "narco-swing" inspired this cover. They are very desert-y, I used this paparazzi photo of Lana filming the video for West Coast and retouched it a lot, then added these gradient effects which i think really represent the psychadellic sound of the song. I felt this photo of Lana is perfect because it looks like she's embarking on a journey, which I think the song really is.

tumblr_n9bj7mJoMx1qftigpo1_1280.png

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

What an incredible song and opening track to Ultraviolence. The guitars, this "narco-swing" inspired this cover. They are very desert-y, I used this paparazzi photo of Lana filming the video for West Coast and retouched it a lot, then added these gradient effects which i think really represent the psychadellic sound of the song. I felt this photo of Lana is perfect because it looks like she's embarking on a journey, which I think the song really is.

This might be the best fan made cover ever!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

And this is pretty much visualization of the song. No more, no less. You did an amazing job.

Trash Magic, on 11 Aug 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

gimme random songs to make 7" vinyls for

tumblr_na5dj4ES1i1qftigpo1_1280.pngtumblr_na5dsfkt7L1qftigpo1_1280.png

Too too awesome. Again amazing work. The direction and approach you take with your work is always refreshing and great.