Elle

Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena - September 30th, 2019

Let me start this ramble by saying I have nothing against Alex and Ashley personally. I follow both of them on IG. They’re both successful, talented, strong women and I love that Lana has friends like them in her life.

Since they’re not going away anytime soon, I just wish they added more to the show as a whole. To me, they’re more of a distraction rather than an enhancement. And maybe that’s a part of why they help Lana’s nerves while performing...they distract from her :toofunny:

Example: I recently saw MARINA live. She has 4 backup dancers. I was initially skeptical of that many dancers, thinking it would be way too much going on, but I was pleasantly surprised how much I loved them! Their dancing and stage presence helped elevate and translate the music and lyrics, while never distracting from Marina and always letting her remain the focus.

There were times at my Lana show last year where I couldn’t even see her because Alex or Ashley were standing in front of her. Some of their dances are cute and fit the music (OTTR, Serial Killer), but in my opinion, a lot of their choreography feels disconnected from the music. A majority of Lana’s songs have a vulnerability to them, so to have two confident-looking women wearing less than the singer drop it low to “I fall to pieces when I’m with you” or writhing on the floor to a song like PWIC feels off. (Sry to sound like a grandma.) They’re professional dancers...surely they can portray themselves and choreograph dances that don’t feel so disconnected to the music they’re translating.

Anyways, I’m wasting my breath, because we all know as long as Lana likes it (which she obvs does), nothing will change. Just my two cents to whoever from Lana’s crew is perusing these threads.

giphy-1.gif 

Let me start this ramble by saying I have nothing against Alex and Ashley personally. I follow both of them on IG. They’re both successful, talented, strong women and I love that Lana has friends like them in her life.

Since they’re not going away anytime soon, I just wish they added more to the show as a whole. To me, they’re more of a distraction rather than an enhancement. And maybe that’s a part of why they help Lana’s nerves while performing...they distract from her :toofunny:

Example: I recently saw MARINA live. She has 4 backup dancers. I was initially skeptical of that many dancers, thinking it would be way too much going on, but I was pleasantly surprised how much I loved them! Their dancing and stage presence helped elevate and translate the music and lyrics, while never distracting from Marina and always letting her remain the focus.

There were times at my Lana show last year where I couldn’t even see her because Alex or Ashley were standing in front of her. Some of their dances are cute and fit the music (OTTR, Serial Killer), but in my opinion, a lot of their choreography feels disconnected from the music. A majority of Lana’s songs have a vulnerability to them, so to have two confident-looking women wearing less than the singer drop it low to “I fall to pieces when I’m with you” or writhing on the floor to a song like PWIC feels off. (Sry to sound like a grandma.) They’re professional dancers...surely they can portray themselves and choreograph dances that don’t feel so disconnected to the music they’re translating.

Anyways, I’m wasting my breath, because we all know as long as Lana likes it (which she obvs does), nothing will change. Just my two cents to whoever from Lana’s crew is perusing these threads.

Honestly, Lana's choreo doesn't match her music at all and I wish she never added it. I miss when her shows were just her singing audibly with no backing track and doing her few moves here and there (like when she used to drop it while singing Body Electric, but it looked natural and not forced).

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

The stans are interrogating Byron about the setlist now and he’s not being shy about his opinion! It’s official, Lana doesn’t care to add new songs to the setlist cause she’s getting that coin no matter what

He has a shitty attitude. :usrs:

giphy.gif

Going by the previous instagram videos, the band pick the songs and Lana approves it. 

They don't care do they? They get paid regardless what they play. His attitude sucks. People need to stop buying tickets. When it affects their pockets, that's when things change. 

Such a boring approach. So Byron is basically saying "people will pay for anything".

With that logic, you could play the entire new record live and everyone would be happy.

Just so weird, surely she is proud of her new material? I think the thing that irks me is not only that the set list is the same, but so is the arrangements and instrumentation . . . bring back the strings pls.

Get rid of the fucking dancers, bring back the strings and some real backup singers. Jesus Christ! If she can pay $100,000 for a private plane trip to her shows, she can afford some damn string players and backup singers! Then to add a Joni M. song instead of a NFR song into the set list is stupid. Hello - CALIFORNIA! CINNAMON! Come on now. Unless Lana was planning on being on stage for a full 2 hours, there's no reason to add another cover song on her set list. 

I adore the woman but she frustrates me. 

giphy.gif

I literally commented, "no shade, but an eponymously named tour should have more than 4 NFR songs" and he deleted it and blocked me. 

Yikes. 

The whole "they don't get it" line of thought is so arrogant. No wonder she's the way that she is; all of these people seem so fucking terrified of her. 

Yes, according to him it's all about selling out shows, so I guess it really is about the $$$ rather than the art. 

Unsurprising. 

That sucks. You didn't say anything wrong but the truth. He probably blocked other people too because other comments are gone. 

The little choreography they have for Bartender is so freaking embarrassing.  :facepalm:

They are wasting their dancing talent on Lana's shows. They should be dancing for the likes of Madonna or JLo, not Lana. What do they care anyway, their getting paid to dance to songs that aren't meant to be danced to. 

The dancers aren't going anywhere, for better or worse. 

I do wish there'd be some attempt to coordinate their outfits with Lana's, though. I don't necessarily mean that they should wear long floral dresses if sis wears one, but there should be some sort of uniformity. The fact that their outfits are so different just makes them seem more out of place, imo. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

do they ? waste talent

I mean... their moves

as I can not say it is dancing

are what 12 years old girls 'dance' in elementary school

If you’ve seen Alex’s Instagram story updates about her dance classes, you can tell she’s really talented. She has also danced for/with J.Lo and Beyoncé.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

do they ? waste talent

I mean... their moves

as I can not say it is dancing

are what 12 years old girls 'dance' in elementary school

Because they are trying to dance to songs that aren't meant to be danced to. If you look at some of their videos on instagram, you can see they are actually good. 

Alex and Ashley are indeed talented but they serve no purpose at Lana’s shows other than to distract from her, they just don’t fit on stage. Even during BTD when they’re in the back they’re distracting because they’re like pumping their fists and dropping it low. The music can speak for itself. And yeah at Jones Beach there were a few times when one of them was blocking the view of her, like pretty much all of OTTR. I know it seems to help Lana to have friends onstage with her but they need to go

He has a shitty attitude. :usrs:

giphy.gif

Going by the previous instagram videos, the band pick the songs and Lana approves it. 

They don't care do they? They get paid regardless what they play. His attitude sucks. People need to stop buying tickets. When it affects their pockets, that's when things change. 

That was honestly a really shitty thing to say on his part, basically saying that they are fully aware that this setlist is worn out and stale, but as long as people spend their money and the shows are sold out there will literally be no effort made to improve the setlist. They really are after our money. Such a lazy and asshole-y approach, yikes.

giphy.gif

The little choreography they have for Bartender is so freaking embarrassing.  :facepalm:

They are wasting their dancing talent on Lana's shows. They should be dancing for the likes of Madonna or JLo, not Lana. What do they care anyway, their getting paid to dance to songs that aren't meant to be danced to. 

The Bartender choreo is so terribly distracting... It would be so much better if they just sat that one out.

I just listened to her cover... oh wooowwww, she hasn’t sounded that good live for what, years?? :defeated:

That was probably one of the best highlights of this show. The fact that the audience was dead silent just bad it that more fabulous.

disgusting attitude from byron... he understands the complaints are valid but he know he'll still collect them dollars no matter what  :ohno:

I just can't approve of this laziness when you charge such pricey tickets  :(