ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

Norman Fucking Rockwell doesn’t always connect. It’s one of Del Rey’s sleepiest albums yet, which is saying something, and the music could be trimmed and tightened here and there. And, at times, her references to other pop culture and musical moments can feel too much like a lazy creative crutch (although the couplet “I miss the bar where the Beach Boys would go / Dennis’ last stop before Kokomo” is gold)

This was their only "complaint" about the album  :facepalm:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

updated to 87!!! 

edit: also, i dont get why metacritic have not updated The Guardian review... wtf

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Yep. Predictable score from them. I think a 75 and 80 and a 91 and 90 kinda balance each other out so I'm guessing it's either gonna stay at 87 or maybe go back at 86 after these 4 reviews are added

Overall, we still good fam

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Norman Fucking Rockwell doesn’t always connect. It’s one of Del Rey’s sleepiest albums yet, which is saying something, and the music could be trimmed and tightened here and there. And, at times, her references to other pop culture and musical moments can feel too much like a lazy creative crutch (although the couplet “I miss the bar where the Beach Boys would go / Dennis’ last stop before Kokomo” is gold)

This was their only "complaint" about the album  :facepalm:

sleepiest? I have to laugh. 

giphy.gif

Shit..2 reviews messed up a perfect 90 score. ...

Why did pitchfork only count for 1 point? I thought it would be up by 2-3

I think that's because of the two 60 scores, they kinda balance the other scores out unfortunatelly.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I would have thought that not even considering different weightings to different publications - a specific score like 9.4 should hold far more sway for Metacritic than a star review (out of 5) where the increment between scores is so large. 

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

How is this her sleepiest album, when her vocals are the most emotional and energetic they've been since Born to Die? These morons have no idea what they're saying anymore. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

How is this her sleepiest album, when her vocals are the most emotional and energetic they've been since Born to Die? These morons have no idea what they're saying anymore. 

i wonder if some of the reviewers even listen to the album they're reviewing at all, it's the same problem with every other female artist, the review has nothing to do with the actual content of the record 

i wonder if some of the reviewers even listen to the album they're reviewing at all, it's the same problem with every other female artist, the review has nothing to do with the actual content of the record 

I think they make up the scores before they listen to the album based on whether they like the singer as a person or not...  :toofunny:

p.s. your avatar is sending me sdsdffdsdf

I am happy the album is well received

and I know it is a great one

but so far I can not connect to any song on personal level

which is the 1st time with any of her albums...

I just play it as a whole and enjoy it

but I need A SONG or two THAT I CAN CONNECT TO...

Isn't California pretty universal?

Thinking about your ex and wanting to make them feel better but you're unable to given that you're different people now?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif