Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,048 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I'll quote Coyle Girelli: "I tried...to love you. What more can I do?" I appreciate NFR! but do not love it. To me, it's still Lana Reduced or Abridged. 

But I'm happy it's brought so much happiness and joy to so many here and across the globe. 

Happy birthday, NFR! 

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY, DEAR NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL!

You mean so much to me, this album really reminds me of the last time I was truly happy. Such a beautiful brilliant timeless album with amazing lyrics and great production which had a huge impact on the 2020s era alternative/pop/rock music - almost the same way how Born To Die impacted the 2010s alternative/pop/rock music scene. This was the album where the music critics and general public finally understood her genius and her impact and legacy in the music industry. It truly felt like a renaissance in Lana's career! In my opinion, this is her most universal album. With NFR! experienced the best post-release era ever, I was so happy listening to this album and I was having truly the best time ever, a farewell to the Summer and a welcome to Fall. This was an unbelievable time to be alive, it was top tier. The world finally understood Lana, the world was a huge shining stage for Lana then. And I am so so so proud to have witnessed that. Happiest of Birthdays to Norman Fucking Rockwell and may your impact and legacy continue forever! :trisha:

Shoutout to my favorite songs of this album (although I love all of them): Cinnamon Girl, you will always be famous, I'll never forget the first time listening to this song when it dropped, the orchestral outro shocked me, it was just otherwordly, I was left speechless, Mariners Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch (an iconic 9 minute end-of-the-summer psychedelic folk rock jam!), California, Hope Is A Dangerous Thing, Bartender, The Greatest, Love Song, Happiness Is A Butterfly and many more! :dance4:

Not to mention that the music videos were amazing as well, they had so stunning visuals and themes, those directed by both Chuck Grant and Rich Lee. The music video for FIILY/The Greatest feels like a tribute to Ride!

giphy.gif%5B

url%5D

img%5D%5B

giphy-1.gif%5B

url%5D

2.gif

14 minutes ago, Embach said:

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY, DEAR NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL!

You mean so much to me, this album really reminds me of the last time I was truly happy. Such a beautiful brilliant timeless album with amazing lyrics and great production which had a huge impact on the 2020s era alternative/pop/rock music - almost the same way how Born To Die impacted the 2010s alternative/pop/rock music scene. This was the album where the music critics and general public finally understood her genius and her impact and legacy in the music industry. It truly felt like a renaissance in Lana's career! In my opinion, this is her most universal album. With NFR! experienced the best post-release era ever, I was so happy listening to this album and I was having truly the best time ever, a farewell to the Summer and a welcome to Fall. This was an unbelievable time to be alive, it was top tier. The world finally understood Lana, the world was a huge shining stage for Lana then. And I am so so so proud to have witnessed that. Happiest of Birthdays to Norman Fucking Rockwell and may your impact and legacy continue forever! :trisha:

Shoutout to my favorite songs of this album (although I love all of them): Cinnamon Girl, you will always be famous, I'll never forget the first time listening to this song when it dropped, the orchestral outro shocked me, it was just otherwordly, I was left speechless, Mariners Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch (an iconic 9 minute end-of-the-summer psychedelic folk rock jam!), California, Hope Is A Dangerous Thing, Bartender, The Greatest, Love Song, Happiness Is A Butterfly and many more! :dance4:

Not to mention that the music videos were amazing as well, they had so stunning visuals and themes, those directed by both Chuck Grant and Rich Lee. The music video for FIILY/The Greatest feels like a tribute to Ride!

giphy.gif%5B

url%5D

img%5D%5B

giphy-1.gif%5B

url%5D

To me, the outro to Cinnamon Girl sounds like thunder, and it's one of my favorite touches on the album, though the song still sounded muffled to me production-wise. I like the production to be crystal clear, especially vocally, as on the refrain to Money Power Glory

Mariners Apartment Complex going into Venice Bitch is quite possibly one of my favourite track runs in history, it almost makes me cry with how great those two songs are 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY NORMAN <3

You fight with Honeymoon to reach my n.1 favourite album, I love you so much. You hold some of my favourite songs by Lana, those to which I can relate the most and I've cried so much to:

- Norman fucking Rockwell, title track: you're so beautiful and important to me, just know that if I ever have a boy child i'll name him norman <3

- Mariners Apartment Complex: the one I can relate to the most, you're a real poem. I could listen to you forever and never get tired

- Venice Bitch: oh God miss you on my lips...you take me back to my favourite summer, in 2019, you're the quintessence of summer and the best song ever made.

- Fuck it I love you, Cinnamon Girl, How to disappear, The Greatest, Hope, California, you all have a special place in my heart, for different reasons.

I love you so much Norman thank you for your magical nostalgic sound that fits me the best, thank you for your visuals and aesthetics that still influence me today, thank you for being there when I need <3

tumblr-m8pd6uijos1qgawlzo1-500.gif

Happy 5th birthday NFR :wowcry: I cannot believe half a decade since this release. It was such a moment in Lana history, and listening to it in full for the first time is a memory I still look back on. My favorites are always gonna be The greatest, Venice Bitch, hope, HIAB, and Cinnamon Girl (side note: I think this album might be my favorite in terms of singles). This album is just so nostalgic and will always be important to me :heart:

imageproxy.jpg