Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

On 7/10/2023 at 4:40 PM, Rusted iron gates said:

Father John misty said at his concert yesterday, that Lana told him the guy she wrote Norman about was really 5,8 and not 6ft as she says in the song. Is this new information? Because I’m pretty sure we didn’t know with a 100% certainty who the song is about…

I think the two verses are of two separate men

NFR birthday in two hours for me and just want to say this album changed my life and 

i genuinely think it is the greatest album of all time:xcry: it’s perfection and I think I might give it a re-listen tomorrow and write a lengthy emotional post about how much I love it:smile4:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

NFR is 4! It's insane how time flies!

I'll never forget that experience when I listened to NFR for the first time. I remember waiting for it for a long long long time and the waiting was worth it. I remember two days before the release I was in a beach forest looking for butterflies to film them so I could made a Happiness Is A Butterfly music video :creep: I didn't find any, it was a really hot day but it was worth it because I had a good day spending time there, the only thing I kept daydreaming of was NFR album. When the album was released it was life changing, it left me in total shock after listening to Cinnamon Girl, Love Song and Happiness Is A Butterfly, also California and Bartender. I remember almost starting to cry in the backseat of the car when she posted the NFR music video in Instagram TV (when it existed lol) at 00:30 :defeated: that night I went to the port to get that seaside experience for the album, there were so many people out partying, the night was so warm, the sky was so dark and I could see so many big shiny stars - it was a perfect experience for that album, it truly felt like a once in a lifetime experience.

Months before the album release, I had a difficult time in my life and I was so anxious then on what was coming next, NFR somehow made it easier. I found the "spark" in my life again.

Hands down, my best post-release era was NFR's post-release era. It was so magical and nostalgic watching and reading those interviews she did and all of those music videos. And the critical acclaim, nothing made me happier than Lana being on top of the world after the long misunderstanding and hate. She actually got recognized for her work and impact. I actually felt that us, fans, were on top of the world with her too.

NFR has one of her most important songs - I still consider Hope Is A Dangerous Thing as her best song. It has lyrically and melodically many magic moments. The orchestral outro in Cinnamon Girl, oh what would I do to hear this for the first time again! As we know already, it's definitely one of her best albums. NFR is definitely her most universal album.

Happy 4th Birthday, dear Norman Fucking Rockwell, our Normie!

:ahh:

url%5D

Happy Birthday NFR!

absolute juggernaut of an album…

The resurgence of Lana truly, can’t wait for what’s next

looking at horizons but never quite reaching them…Lana you reached them

top 3:

california

love song

mariners apartment complex 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Ah, the feelings and memories this album brings me... It is, to me, Lana's most nostalgic album ever.

For me, this album SCREAMS summer. Early summer, middle of summer, late summer. Hot orange mornings, hot but breezy nights and of course beautiful and wide afternoons.

I used to bike down a huge road in my hometown listening to this album, admiring the clear sky, the heat, the blue/green/yellow/orange landscape. Norman Fucking Rockwell! feels like the breeze on my face while riding my bike or walking in late summer.

In early 2020 I went to my favorite coastal city in Argentina for the summer and I only played this album. In the car blasting Venice Bitch.

When I started writing my favorite album of mine, this album was just released, and it was the soundtrack to my long walks by the river, making up melodies and lyrics and then going for a cafe and write on my notebook. All through hot spring to early summer.

Mariners Apartment Complex is my favorite Lana song. I cried when I first heard it, and it still moves me so much. It resonates a lot with me. "Who I am is a big-time believer that people can change," oh god that line gives me chills. I actually thought of getting it tattooed, but I got "Change" instead, not only referencing that line but also the LFL song Change.

The soft drums, psych guitars, muted pianos, distorted strings, Lana's angelic new vocal technique and vocal production style, trippy synths... and of course, the MONUMENTAL lyricism found in this record; the brutal honesty, the details while explaining all these feelings and fears and relationship dynamics... The concept of this album is strong as hell and I can't believe there are fans who have never connected with it.

Norman F Rockwell is a generational milestone for the ages.

Thank you SO much Lana.

The end of summer.. | Art of letting go, Months in a year, Aesthetic  pictures

Happy Birthday NFR! I don’t listen to Lana albums from start to finish as often as I should. I went through NFR today and I always appreciated it, but for some reason it hit me harder now than it has in the past. My words can’t adequately describe how I feel about it and I’ll leave the essays and commentaries to others. But as a work of art, a concept album and a masterpiece, I appreciate it more than I can explain. 💚

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

4 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

The emotional collapse that is Norman Fucking Rockwell!- Mariners Apartment Complex- Venice Bitch- Fuck it I Love You- Doin' Time- Love Song - Cinnamon Girl - How to disappear- California- The Next Best American Record- The Greatest- Bartender- Happiness is a Butterfly- Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have- But I Have It...

:true:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

happy birthday Norman, a modern Classic since day 1 ♥️

missing the easy and troubled days of that 2019.2 when i had no clue that it was about to go downhill.

VB always a favourite so many good memories from 2018 and i would like to feel again the contemplative desperation of the world while singing 'the greatest' in the sunset while i was walking around the campus on my way back home 💔

the perfect song for our time capturing the feeling of those days and foretelling the mood for the years to come