Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Father John misty said at his concert yesterday, that Lana told him the guy she wrote Norman about was really 5,8 and not 6ft as she says in the song. Is this new information? Because I’m pretty sure we didn’t know with a 100% certainty who the song is about…

18 hours ago, Rusted iron gates said:

Father John misty said at his concert yesterday, that Lana told him the guy she wrote Norman about was really 5,8 and not 6ft as she says in the song. Is this new information? Because I’m pretty sure we didn’t know with a 100% certainty who the song is about…

!!!

Did she have a boyfriend that’s 5’8?

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Oh that makes more sense. Getting fucked over by a 6'2 man-child, fine whatever, tale as old as time. Getting fucked over by a 5'8 man-child? I'd be livid. Now that's worth writing an album over and calling it Norman Fucking Rockwell. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

woke up at 5am today for no reason other than the sun coming thru the blinds, i was exhausted but i couldn’t get back to sleep so i just got up and started cleaning and prepping breakfast for my nephew; i opened the back door to hear the birds and let some fresh air in and i put on this album from start to finish and wow…. i’ve said it so many times but this is SUCH a perfect “morning album” for me. i always feel i enjoy it the most when it’s early - those opening strings on the title track just feel like dawn - and i’m currently on HIAB and it’s crazy because at this point i just feel totally absorbed in NFR’s whole world, yknow? and when it’s over i’m probably gonna go from start to finish again. i’ve had a lot of special moments like this with NFR, i’m so grateful for this record :wub:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Norman fucking Rockwell! (2019)

1. California - 10/10
2. The greatest - 10/10
3. Venice Bitch - 10/10
4. Cinnamon Girl - 9.5/10
5. Mariners Apartment Complex - 9.5/10

6. How to disappear - 9/10

7. Fuck it I love you - 8.5/10
8. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - 8.5/10
9. The Next Best American Record - 8/10

10. Doin' Time - 8/10
11. Bartender - 8/10

12. Norman Fucking Rockwell - 7.5/10
13. Love song - 7.5/10
14. Happiness is a butterfly - 7/10

Overall: 9/10 - 3rd Favorite Album

favorite moments: california beat drop, the greatest guitar solo, venice bitch synths, "la-la-la-la-la-la losers, beautiful losers," mariners guitar outro, tnbar glass shatter, "t-t-tender"

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Started to listen once again to some NFR! songs more often recently and wow they just blow me away :trisha: There is something that makes me feel so nostalgic about NFR!. Maybe it was because 2018 was the hardest & worst year of my life and getting new Lana music in 2018 & 2019 gave me so much life and helped me alot. It was also the last album that came out pre - covid and for me that time feels like a different dimension.  And this album reminds me of summer days, summer nights,  vacations, the sea , beaches and of California which probably is huge factor that adds to the nostalgic feeling. The long pre release era was kinda exhausting but looking back I think the snippets add to the nostalgia too , I still remember where I was when each snippet dropped. I will never forget listening to Cinnamon Girl snippet for the first time while seeing one of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen:wowcry:

I took some years lol but I truly think this album finally entered my top 4 of hers, it's actually an amazing album:defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

the Summer I Turned Pretty has How to Disappear playing during one of the scenes of the last episode of season 2. I’m surprised to find it very good right now (I’ve struggled with the final mix of that one since day one TBH). I always thought  the verses’ lyrics were so incredible but the production gets better over time I guess. :flutter:

30 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

the Summer I Turned Pretty has How to Disappear playing during one of the scenes of the last episode of season 2. I’m surprised to find it very good right now (I’ve struggled with the final mix of that one since day one TBH). I always thought  the verses’ lyrics were so incredible but the production gets better over time I guess. :flutter:

Wait , I kinda have the same issue with HTD. Need to find the new mix:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Can anyone who has an actual copy of either the CD or vinyl, that is not a first press, confirm that there are physical copies of the album that have the proper version of 'Fuck It I Love You?', and if so, whether there is any way to tell the difference. I want to buy it, but don't want to get just another copy with the same 'wrong' version.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

On 8/18/2023 at 2:50 PM, GeminiLanaFan said:

One of the true highlights of the album. They took risks with that and ended up creating a truly unique sound.

Norman... i don't think any piece of music has ever struck me the way that you did. I vividly remember listening to the title track for the first time and the chills I got (the chills I still get to THIS day). The way this record tackles destruction and hope in its own beautiful way is nothing short of proof of Lana's genius as an artist. This album is everyday life. Think about it, it's been out since 4 years and it STILL resonates with us today. IDGAF if you hate the production or what not but the story it told... it's everyday life. Hope is a dangerous thing is one of her best songs ever and i'm so glad she got to share it with us. I am glad I got to experience this record and so grateful that many were able to revel in its genius.

Thank You Lana :wub:

The greatest album of my lifetime, I don't think I'll ever listen to something this good again for the first time. 

Now it's been years since I left New York
I've got a kid and two cats in the yard
The California sun and the movie stars
I watch the skies getting light as I write, as I
Think about those years
As I whisper in your ear

I'm always going to be right here
No one's going anywhere

e1dca8fbd532ce48cdca22de0b14a2fb243c5c6f

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.