Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

U guys are stupid hearing beautiful losers. CLEARLY it’s “light blue, cola pussy, light blue”

(No but fr it’s beautiful x3 and of u can’t hear it I dunno wtf to tell ya? that’s that on that) 

Meanwhile, Ann Powers (the target of her Twitter wrath) is "taking a break from Twitter" :eek:

Can you blame her? You got embarrassing Lana stans calling Ann:

"rat"

"fat"

"faggot"

"bitch"

"ugly" 

"you are jealous of Lana" 

etc. 

:facepalm:

If you're going to go after somebody, do it with some intelligence. All this is doing is showing the world how stupid and ignorant and homophobic "Lana fans" are. It's embarrassing. No wonder Ann Powers is getting so much love and support. 

:brows3:

"rat"

"fat"

"faggot"

"bitch"

"ugly" 

etc. 

If you're going to go after somebody, do it with some intelligence. All this is doing is showing the world how stupid and ignorant and homophobic "Lana fans" are. It's embarrassing. No wonder Ann Powers is getting so much love and support. 

Twitter is not for doing things with intelligence though. They are tweets not university essays.

"rat"

"fat"

"faggot"

"bitch"

"ugly" 

etc. 

To be fair, it's going both ways.

I, and others, defended sis without using insults, and by attacking the article rather than the author, and the consensus from all of her PhD-toting pals is that we, and sis, are stupid, entitled millennials who take can't criticism, etc. As in, we must be wrong because we're not 45.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

You can say something intelligent to defend Lana in 140 characters. Come on now.

...and since the character cap was doubled to 280 a while back, there's even less of an excuse!

it's just the way i feel

"rat"

"fat"

"faggot"

"bitch"

"ugly" 

etc. 

I mean but how many tweets have been calling lana stupid and airheaded. It’s like we’re regressing back to 2012. If this woman does not have enough balls to handle being called fat by some tweens on twitter maybe she should pick another career field. I have a hard time feeling bad for any art critic getting criticized. She made some low blows. Her journalist and critic followers made even more low blows. They should expect it back. Anthony Fantano has been brutal with his lana reviews in the past, and had to deal with the wrath of annoying twitter stans. Don’t forget about all the other artist he’s critized with rabid fan bases. He’s also had artist directly call him. He’s just an example I pulled out of my ass, but you get my point. If you can’t handle the heat get out the kitchen.

Y’all I’m still hearing sis say “Burned World” help me see the light

Title track rankings?

Honeymoon

Born to Die

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Ultraviolence

Lust for Life

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Omg, someone save @salvatore!! :poordat:

#JusticeForSalvatore #TakeDownLDR

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

"rat"

"fat"

"faggot"

"bitch"

"ugly" 

etc. 

Wow - because they didn't like her review. Those people are an embarrassment and everything that is wrong with the web. People are allowed to not like what you like.  It's beyond immature and you can be sure those people wouldn't insult that lady to her face.  And calling her a faggot! That word get's used on here A LOT I've noticed; possibly the same person...