Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I kinda feel bad now that I ripped into Lana about her um, questionable poetry as It seems to have helped her massively when it came to her songwriting on NFR.  :flutter:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Fourth #1 record in the UK!! :thankyou:

48688658263_b254873d37_c.jpg

ARTIST NUMBER 1 ALBUMS

MADONNA 12

KYLIE MINOGUE 7

BARBRA STREISAND 7*

CELINE DION 5

DIANA ROSS 4

RIHANNA 4

TAYLOR SWIFT 4

LANA DEL REY 4

UK female #1 albums

I miss how depressing her songs used to be. I really loved her old persona. I get such a different vibe from BTD, UV and HM. Not just musically but the songs really take me into another world. And im not saying i want her to be depressed again, i just miss having music from her that i relate to. I think something changed 2017 onwards. Like its cool that shes grown but... i haven't lol. LFL and NFR dont really take me anywhere, i dont get lost in them. LFL is fake woke and too current, and NFR is too light and, i wanna say common

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I miss how depressing her songs used to be. I really loved her old persona. I get such a different vibe from BTD, UV and HM. Not just musically but the songs really take me into another world. And im not saying i want her to be depressed again, i just miss having music from her that i relate to. I think something changed 2017 onwards. Like its cool that shes grown but... i haven't lol. LFL and NFR dont really take me anywhere, i dont get lost in them. LFL is fake woke and too current, and NFR is too light and, i wanna say common

But you hate the only song that feels like old Lana aka Godtender

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

100%.  I want to be supporting her as much as I can, because her earlier records mean so much to me, but I can barely get through one song on her new album before I'm ready to listen to something else.  Very few of the lyrics or melodies stick with me.  I can't even remember how California or Love Song sound like even though I've listened to them at least 7 or 8 times now.

26vMNDz.gif

But you hate the only song that feels like old Lana aka Godtender

the lyrics are lana but the song is executed horribly, its nothing like her own music at all, i hate it

100%.  I want to be supporting her as much as I can, because her earlier records mean so much to me, but I can barely get through one song on her new album before I'm ready to listen to something else.  Very few of the lyrics or melodies stick with me.  I can't even remember how California or Love Song sound like even though I've listened to them at least 7 or 8 times now.

I mean i actually love this album a lot, Love Song and California and Cinnamon are my ultimate favourites, but like i've said before i've had nearly all of these melodies stuck in my head for a year so this record just... was a little underwhelming in that sense. And i feel like i've moved on already. The overall sound of NFR isn't really my cup of tea, its too folky and mature and bleh, lets just hope the next project is more grand and daring (im not hating on this album btw guys)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Would you guys recommend me a good (and most importantly cheap) vinyl record player or whatever it’s called. I really want to get the NFR UO edition vinyl before it’s gone. I kinda like the pink font and the cover feels special in some ways

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Would you guys recommend me a good (and most importantly cheap) vinyl record player or whatever it’s called. I really want to get the NFR UO edition vinyl before it’s gone. I kinda like the pink font and the cover feels special in some ways

Don't get a suitcase all-in-one record player, they'll destroy the record. Look at some of sony's record players- the cheapest ones are more expensive than $40 suitcase ones (like $110?), but they have a dust cover, won't ruin your record, and with a speaker you can also get from sony for like $30, you have a good-quality set-up that'll last you for some time and, because it needs repeating, won't ruin your record. It's better to save up for a while than ruin them, esp when they cost like $30 per vinyl and some are limited like the UO one lol

i'm aware this soiunds like a sony ad but it's what I'm planning on getting

locals only

I can relate to all that as well.

BTD especially means a lot to me.

Although Cinammon Girl has that BTD feel that I love..