Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Today a radio station in Germany talked about the album and played snippets of The Greatest and California and then they choose to play How To Disappear.

Radio here let two reporters say what they thought of the album the day after the release I think, and they played snippets of several songs. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Would you guys recommend me a good (and most importantly cheap) vinyl record player or whatever it’s called. I really want to get the NFR UO edition vinyl before it’s gone. I kinda like the pink font and the cover feels special in some ways

It’s a turntable :) echoing pincurlsandpearls, don’t get a suitcase player no matter how tempting the price is. The needles are shit and tracking weight is heavy and will ruin your records. Not to mention the sound coming out of the built in speakers is horrible, you’re better off playing from your phone speaker.

Audio-technica lp60 or lp120 would be a better starter table. 120 is better but more pricey. They both have built in pre-amps so that is helpful but you need a stereo receiver and speakers too, hopefully you already have those because they are a whole nother expense

LIZARD PEOPLE

It’s a turntable :) echoing pincurlsandpearls, don’t get a suitcase player no matter how tempting the price is. The n eedles are shit and tracking weight is heavy and will ruin your records. Not to mention the sound coming out of the built in speakers is horrible, you’re better off playing from your phone speaker.

Audio-technica lp60 or lp120 would be a better starter table. 120 is better but more pricey. They both have built in pre-amps so that is helpful but you need a stereo receiver and speakers too, hopefully you already have those because they are a whole nother expense

I've owned both the LP60 and LP120 (currently have the LP120) and they both have worked like a dream. You can get the LP60 for as little as $79-99, and it's really the best bang you're going to get for your buck. Any cheaper models are just going to cost you more money in the long run by ruining all your records. The average lifespan for the LP60 is about three years, at which point the belt and motor typically wear out, but it still beats the chintzier models. When mine wore out I decided to splurge on the LP120, and it's been smooth sailing since.

To reiterate, you will need a receiver & speaker system as well. I've had the Logitech Z506 system since 2014 and the quality is crisp enough for my tastes, but there are cheaper systems if you're on a budget.

the lyrics are lana but the song is executed horribly, its nothing like her own music at all, i hate it

I mean i actually love this album a lot, Love Song and California and Cinnamon are my ultimate favourites, but like i've said before i've had nearly all of these melodies stuck in my head for a year so this record just... was a little underwhelming in that sense. And i feel like i've moved on already. The overall sound of NFR isn't really my cup of tea, its too folky and mature and bleh, lets just hope the next project is more grand and daring (im not hating on this album btw guys)

choke

It sounds as when some 8 year old asks "why they don't do more money so no one's poor?"

Anyway, she's improved miles from her beginnings when surely she didn't even wonder about some subjects, or not in a political frame, at least. And it's always good that people with such a big media influence as hers propose sociopolitical conflictive topics for discussion, even if from such a basic approach.

I saw somewhere it was supposed to air on september 9th