Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Is she really going after Ann Powers?  :lmao: That article is harmless. Someone needs to take twitter away from her!  :lmao:

Good for her

which version of the next best american record u prefer

the leaked or nfr one?

At first I didn’t like the album version, but I’m coming around to it. I never was that crazy about the demo honestly. I do like that she changed the lyrics to we were so obsessed with writing the next American record instead of it just being you were so obsessed.

How is it a flaw when it's one of the most brilliant songs of the trap era  :smh:  The production and composition is insane, and it's a necessary piece in the WORK OF ART THAT IS HONEYMOON  :worship:

High By The Beach is iconic, the only flaw in Honeymoon is Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. Not a terrible cover but it's not great either.

Really sorry guys, I do feel like Honeymoon sits pretty comfortably atop of her discography, but to me HBTB is not it  :facepalm:

Title track rankings?

Honeymoon

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Ultraviolence

Born to die

Lust For Life

Honeymoon and NFR are neck and neck tho

Born to die  :hooker:

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Ultraviolence

Lust for Life

Honeymoon 

Title track rankings?

Honeymoon

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Ultraviolence

Born to die

Lust For Life

Honeymoon and NFR are neck and neck tho

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Honeymoon

Ultraviolence

Lust For Life

Born To Die

:hooker:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Happiness is a butterfly is a devastating little narrative and should be heard by the masses. It deserves to be a classic tbh

I listened to the snippet she teased once and hated it and disregarded it ever since. But after hearing it in full, it’s amazing and I love it. I still hate the tour lyfe part but it’s ok

LIZARD PEOPLE

Is she really going after Ann Powers?  :lmao: That article is harmless. Someone needs to take twitter away from her!  :lmao:

how could she not?

did you even read how demeaning and sharply rude/false that article was... calling Lana "needy" and her work as switching from "kitty heels to tennis shoes" 

how can someone completely avoid critiquing the music of NFR (Ann talked about 2 songs at most) but its acceptable to critique the person (lana) when she has never even taken time to meet lana or learn about lana.... it is unacceptable and it is unfair... men can sing about whatever they want (Bon Iver, Sufjan Stevens,) and never get called a persona for maybe dressing a certain way... its so reductive and anti individual...

Anyone is a bit worried about her recent overjoy and the number of projects she plans on releasing within a year? A MV for each song of NFR (Including something that is like a Monet painting for Love Song, which must take a shitload of time to animate), a light tour, a new album and other projects she didn't talk about...

Call me a party destroyer, but if she sticks to the plans, there's no way we're getting WHF within 12 months. I learned my lesson with NFR. 

how could she not?

did you even read how demeaning and sharply rude/false that article was... calling Lana "needy" and her work as switching from "kitty heels to tennis shoes" 

how can someone completely avoid critiquing the music of NFR (Ann talked about 2 songs at most) but its acceptable to critique the person (lana) when she has never even taken time to meet lana or learn about lana.... it is unacceptable and it is unfair... men can sing about whatever they want (Bon Iver, Sufjan Stevens,) and never get called a persona for maybe dressing a certain way... its so reductive and anti individual...

are you really telling me video games is NOT needy? damn the reason it’s my favourite lana song is BECAUSE of how needy it is and ann never used needy in a negative context

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

are you really telling me video games is NOT needy? damn the reason it’s my favourite lana song is BECAUSE of how needy it is and ann never used needy in a negative context

it could be considered "needy" yes, but Ann also included "anti woke" and other demeaning terms for the song, she in NO point seemed to stand up for Lanas art in a positive or tasteful way, it was all negative and anti - lana ... simply. 

Anyone is a bit worried about her recent overjoy and the number of projects she plans on releasing within a year? A MV for each song of NFR (Including something that is like a Monet painting for Love Song, which must take a shitload of time to animate), a light tour, a new album and other projects she didn't talk about...

Call me a party destroyer, but if she sticks to the plans, there's no way we're getting WHF within 12 months. I learned my lesson with NFR.

The prospect of WHF prerelease era being worse than NFR is daunting BUT I do want as much NFR visuals etc as possible. This time will always be special to look back upon since it is her magnum opus

LIZARD PEOPLE

NFR was a huge lesson in regards to how Lana is going to go about releasing her projects since she has more control now and this is a completely different period in her life- so earliest I’ll say is the mid-2021.

You have to be sexy and hot to really understand Lana’s music.... that’s why I think a lot of music critics misunderstand lana

Suddenly I can't understand Lana's music  :defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

NFR was a huge lesson in regards to how Lana is going to go about releasing her projects since she has more control now and this is a completely different period in her life- so earliest I’ll say is the mid-2021.

We have to remember it was interscope who was keeping the album from being released. It was not Lana being a bitch, she even had to fight to get it out finally in August. it was confirmed last week at some point, I know I saw it.

The prospect of WHF prerelease era being worse than NFR is daunting BUT I do want as much NFR visuals etc as possible. This time will always be special to look back upon since it is her magnum opus

I agree with you that this era feels so special and visuals are an excellent complement to the album. The NFR era is like a crossover of BTD and Paradise when it comes to the number of videos we're getting. Hope the October videos are good though. Rich Lee kinda put the bar high when it comes to visuals, honestly.