Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

and why are you assuming i'm listening through a boiled sweet potato

Well what do u want me to say? It was either that or “u need to get ur hearing checked ur going deaf sis x”

It’s so muffled that you could probably replace “losers” with any other word but it is indeed “losers, beautiful losers” that’s all I’m sayin sis..... love u paradixo

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Norman Fucking Rockwell is the best intro song to any of her albums. Born to Die is one of my favorite songs of her's and all of the other albums have pretty good intro songs, but nothing compares to NFR. 

Strings come in, get you curious, then here comes a kind of cheery, pretty piano. Then finally, "God damn, man child..." And then you're kinda just sitting there giggling or at least smirking. Next comes, "You fucked me so good that I almost said 'I love you.'" DAAAAMNNN okay!

The melodies are beautiful, the lyrics are funny, the piano is perfect for setting the mood. Definitely one of my new favorite songs of her. I'm still blown away. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I remember vaguely that someone here made their own studio version of HTD On picosong.

Can someone post it? Picosong shut down so I cant access it anymore

It was me. I'll power up my desktop and upload in a few minutes :kiss:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Norman Fucking Rockwell is the best intro song to any of her albums. Born to Die is one of my favorite songs of her's and all of the other albums have pretty good intro songs, but nothing compares to NFR. 

Strings come in, get you curious, then here comes a kind of cheery, pretty piano. Then finally, "God damn, man child..." And then you're kinda just sitting there giggling or at least smirking. Next comes, "You fucked me so good that I almost said 'I love you.'" DAAAAMNNN okay!

The melodies are beautiful, the lyrics are funny, the piano is perfect for setting the mood. Definitely one of my new favorite songs of her. I'm still blown away. 

!!!!!

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Honeymoon remains her best intro.

Beautiful, LIVE SOUNDING, cinematic orchestra lullaby.

Then that opening line, 'We both know...'

It a tie between Honeymoon and NFR for me. Honeymoon is haunting, it's almost a horror movie music, and when her low vocals kick in, it's very cinematic as you said. But NFR has those simple but beautiful strings that reach my heart like the arrow of an archer, and the piano makes me feel overwhelmed and melancholic for a few seconds, and then Lana's innocent line "you fucked me so good that I almost said I love you" brings back lightness to the song but it also makes it so heavy and emotional.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

A few days ago while listening to MAC and then VB, I thought, wow, those songs really hit differently in September. Maybe I'm nostalgic because they came out in September last year, but I had never felt that before with any other artists or songs. It's kinda hard to explain but it's almost as if they were two different songs between the last day of August and the first day of September

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Yass

Thx thx

A few days ago while listening to MAC and then VB, I thought, wow, those songs really hit differently in September. Maybe I'm nostalgic because they came out in September last year, but I had never felt that before with any other artists or songs. It's kinda hard to explain but it's almost as if they were two different songs between the last day of August and the first day of September

Yupp. I felt the same. They felt so fresh? And different. I'm appreciating MAC and VB even more in the context of the album!!!

My 300th post here I would like to dedicate to the STUNNING beauty of the title track. This is definately her best title track. The production, the vocals, the piano chords, the every-fucking-thing! I'm shook every time I listen to this. A magnificent opener to a magnificent album! 

NFR joining the ranks of Lana title tracks knowing very well that she is THAT bitch mbK53xg.gif 

(this gif btw is the embodiment of NFR-era on LB now for me, the excellence, the multiple usage, the perfect appliance to everything. If I'm not mistaken it was a legend named @@Cacciatore who introduced us to this iconicness)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk xxx