Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

This album honestly will go down as one of the finest and most remembered albums of the decade and perhaps this century. It's simply that: the album right now. The one describing exactly what's happening. The album of technology apocalypse. The album of cultural change and downhill. Music for times of the uncertain and chaos.

Jack is too fun, talented and smart for straights to have him. Can we claim him instead?

I feel like he seems to be such a cool dude, like if I was Lana I'd have such a crush on him.

Yep, definitely him! 

Posted on October 5th: At the Red Sox vs Yankee play off game at Fenway Park tonight. We’ll be wishing a mother fcker would.

(Fenway Park is in Boston and Lana was there the day before to watch him train... y'know, down at the training yard...)

http://instagram.com/p/BokrpYiFNcx/

I-

How do y'all know everything? You're like the FBI or sum

I feel like he seems to be such a cool dude, like if I was Lana I'd have such a crush on him.

i honestly think she has a bit of a schoolgirl crush on him.. like he’s not oozing with sexuality or anything but he’s just so sweet and they get along so well

and she keeps gushing about how great he is in interviews it’s kind of adorable

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

um why are the lyrics of Venice Bitch on Genius "la la la beautiful losers" :rip: I can't with whoever is editing the lyrics on the album

So Lana’s fucking with athletes now, good for her probably better for her mental health than dating ugly pretentious artist lol

giphy.gif

Wait - what??!! Lana is dating an athlete? I thought she was with Chase? 

Yep, definitely him! 

Posted on October 5th: At the Red Sox vs Yankee play off game at Fenway Park tonight. We’ll be wishing a mother fcker would.

(Fenway Park is in Boston and Lana was there the day before to watch him train... y'know, down at the training yard...)

So this is the guy she's dating now? 

um why are the lyrics of Venice Bitch on Genius "la la la beautiful losers" :rip: I can't with whoever is editing the lyrics on the album

At least during this live performance at 4:04, she clearly sings "la la la la la la loser, beautiful loser" & after listening back to the album version, it does seem to sound that way too x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

At least during this live performance at 4:04, she clearly sings "la la la la la la loser, beautiful loser"

Out of the three words that come after 'la la la' I hear 'losers' being the first, and then 'beautiful' two times. However, when she says 'losers' I can clearly hear the background vocals singing another word; most likely what I hear from the studio version: 'beautiful, beautiful, beautiful'

Also at 3:58 she says 'beautiful beautiful beautiful'

so where is Chase in the mix with all of this ? cause wasn't he on tour with lana for the LA to the Moon tour?? maybe they were off & on while she met this Joe man? 

They seem to be off and on. I remember there was some quote from one of her friends describing their relationship as a "mess" and off & on. First sight of Chase was in October 2017, and you're right, he was on tour with Lana for LATTM, and of course we've seen lots of him recently. 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I simply guess her team isn't sure about getting her to Asia, but I am absolutely sure she would sell out a few venues... it's all about risking. They weren't sure about South America 5 years ago and she's extremely successful here.

She's also very successful in Australia and she toured very little there. I don't know. I do hope she tours Asia! That time will eventually come x

It's beyond time that she tours Asia. I'm sure she has fans there. Doesn't her albums sell well over there?