Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Ok guys how is NFR sitting with y’all? For me, it is a very different listening experience from all the other records, like it doesn’t feel like the kind of record that you would pick a song and blast it like ok I want to blast National Anthem, it’s more like ok I’m going to put the record on and listen to the whole thing, like once I play one song I HAVE to listen to all the other songs (well not HTD). Do you know what I mean?

Ok guys how is NFR sitting with y’all? For me, it is a very different listening experience from all the other records, like it doesn’t feel like the kind of record that you would pick a song and blast it like ok I want to blast National Anthem, it’s more like ok I’m going to put the record on and listen to the whole thing, like once I play one song I HAVE to listen to all the other songs (well not HTD). Do you know what I mean?

I agree, most of the songs are better listened to in context. For example, listening to hope alone can be very brain damaging, however, if you listen to the album as a whole you realize that hope is a beautiful intimate closer. 

That’s exactly how I feel!

she really did that with this album.

like how tf do you make an album that is so eclectic yet so cohesive at the same time, LFL cant relate

you had me until the LFL slander

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Ew how can you pretend to love the entire album and then contradict yourself immediately by shitting on the best song? Make it make sense!

14417469274.gif

Yes, I love seeing the Hope love. Criminally underrated and misunderstood. A true masterpiece - lyrically, melodically, and sonically. One of her best x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Got my physical CD, today. The maritime photography seems more New Englandy than West Coasty, imo.  I'm guessing Chuck did most of the cover spread. No photography credit via words is given, but the last page of the booklet has Jack in the upper left page, looking like an NFR, and in the lower right page is a picture of Chuck looking like FWN (Nietzche) staring off into the abyss (taken by LDR?). No thank yous (let alone a grandiose thank you page like LFL). NFR! appears to be the working title for award-show consideration, and possibly to make it easier on both the Rockwell estate and LDR's mother when she shows the CD to people. Oh ---  the Jack "Are-you-real?" rant at the end of HIADT... exists on my CD, but not on the digital download (auto-rip) I got for it. Wow, she did that. And my final Oh -- my itunes rip of the CD lists the genre of songs as Electronica! If that was intentional (with all the real instruments listed in the credits), ugh her mind!

Overall, an excellent album, and I hope to be seeing her at the grammys. I'm not gonna say I like NFR better than her other albums, but it's at least as good (and anyway, AKA will always be my favorite; it's a forbidden-fruit thing, and I can't help that).

Yesss, the album is a whole experience. Truly Honeymoon’s little sister <3 (with the exception of Freak, I will blast that at any time, day or night :dance:)

giphy-1.gif 

Hope is one of her most personal, intimate and well articulated songs, y'all better show respect  

It's great but its pretty sad and slow to play a lot, its a song you go back to every few weeks or months or for comfort during bad times.

Ew how can you pretend to love the entire album and then contradict yourself immediately by shitting on the best song? Make it make sense!

HTD best song? In what universe? Maybe the live version but that cheap ass midi quality jingle bells fest? No thank you ugh

nope, i blast every song. i havent listened to the album in order since its release

going for a little drive? blast The greatest

walking to your next class? blast California

can't go to sleep? blast Cinnamon Girl

sucking dick? blast Happiness is a butterfly

ive overplayed National Anthem so much that i dont want to hear it anymore