Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Y'all sluts, quite new to this forum but here goes how I feel about the album

I am way past the age where I'm fooled by post-release craze.( I was an Avril (Flopvril) fan before Lana, when I hear her new record I was like meh.. :rip:.)

The point is I know a basic album when I hear one. And I tell you sistrens, I listened to this album this morning, smoking some weed, lying on the bed. I .....

Transcended.

Honestly, as others has been saying, I can see this album alongside BTD. It just has this "classic" factor, that lacked.... especially in LFL.

enhanced-buzz-3838-1362596171-8.jpg

Y'all sluts, quite new to this forum but here goes how I feel about the album

I am way past the age where I'm fooled by post-release craze.( I was an Avril (Flopvril) fan before Lana, when I hear her new record I was like meh.. :rip:.)

The point is I know a basic album when I hear one. And I tell you sistrens, I listened to this album this morning, smoking some weed, lying on the bed. I .....

Transcended.

Honestly, as others has been saying, I can see this album alongside BTD. It just has this "classic" factor, that lacked.... especially in LFL.

TEA but don't disrespect the queen of our pre-teen years Avril like that

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

The only little things annoying about the album

-The long outro of Cinnamon

-How To Disappear (WTF are the bells?)

And lets pretend we didn't hear this version of TNBAR and just stick with "we did it all for fame...."

TEA but don't disrespect the queen of our pre-teen years Avril like that

The actual TEA is to ask "is our pre-teen years queen worthy of our respect these days?"  :creep:

Wish I was smoking a j in bed rn and listening

It was an EXPERIENCE (except when HTD comes and the fucking bells rang, they were so loud I wanted to kill myself and still find myself not lowering the volume, schizophrenia teas)

It was an EXPERIENCE (except when HTD comes and the fucking bells rang, they were so loud I wanted to kill myself and still find myself not lowering the volume, schizophrenia teas)

Lollll. I’ve been listening on edibles the past few days and it’s always the best. Pretty much all I want to do all day.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while but only decided to join and create an account recently. The first thing I did was vote on the poll! I'm glad that my top 3 aligns with the poll's - as they should.

This album is amazing! I've literally been listening to only it (and her other records) since the day it came out. I keep thinking that it's too early to say it has dethroned UV as my favorite from her but I bet after a month I'd still be crying myself to sleep while listening to Cinnamon Girl. I don't think it'll beat the 5 years Black Beauty has on me, though. That song is just ethereal.

tenor.gif

This album cleaned up the mess Lust For Life left on her discography, It's so good! 

I'd rate it an 8/10 a few of the songs are a bit weaker than others and the lyrics are...something but the production, vocals and instruments make up for the lyrics!

dNvtmdN.png

The only little things annoying about the album

-The long outro of Cinnamon

-How To Disappear (WTF are the bells?)

WTF... two of the best parts of the album... honey those BELLS are a COLD WINTER’S NIGHT. It’s SNOWING outside, you’re sitting ALONE in your comfy living room recliner drinking HOT TEA & reminiscing about the PAST.... it’s a MAGICAL SLEIGH RIDE into NOSTALGIA... I’m officially convinced that everyone hating on the bells is deaf & hates the holidays, winter, & happiness. It’s just the truth.

:crossed:

14417469274.gif

WTF... two of the best parts of the album... honey those BELLS are a COLD WINTER’S NIGHT. It’s SNOWING outside, you’re sitting ALONE in your comfy living room recliner drinking HOT TEA & reminiscing about the PAST.... it’s a MAGICAL SLEIGH RIDE into NOSTALGIA... I’m officially convinced that everyone hating on the bells is deaf & hates the holidays, winter, & happiness. It’s just the truth.

:crossed:

I like the ‘Cinnamon Girl’ outro a great deal, especially the sounds that seem like thunder, and wish they were slightly clearer. ‘CG’ overall sounds a little too muffled and badly-produced, which we discussed here a few days ago.

I also like the ‘bells’ or tambourine on HTD, in fact the new arrangement brings the song to life for me, and lessens the mawkish emotion. She also sings it a little less emotionally, which I also like.