Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

LOL sucking dick while blasting happiness? Talk about soul damage

I get what you’re saying about national anthem - I call it the NFR effect. It kind of snapped me out of my Video Games / Ride trance, but maybe it’s just temporary ‍♂

how did you get an emoji to work on LB...

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I’m super curious for the new project to come, but I honestly can’t put myself in another NFR everlasting pre-release period. I kinda wish she will ignore the questions regarding it (and I’ll completely lose my shit if she mentions anything lol)

Mm same. I think we’ve still got the title track’s video, and idk if she ever did a rehash for the hiab vid or if she was just referencing Chick’s work again. We’ve got her tour coming up soon, so hat should carry us over to the holidays til like next year. A year’s fucking long tho as we all know

UV/Honeymoon

I’m super curious for the new project to come, but I honestly can’t put myself in another NFR everlasting pre-release period. I kinda wish she will ignore the questions regarding it (and I’ll completely lose my shit if she mentions anything lol)

Doing the math, it takes more time for Lana to release the album counting the day she first mentions it as albums go... so yeah we're getting White Hot Forever in 2031?

At least we'll reach the 4000 page with that pre-release thread  :flutter:

hope is such a powerful song. Sometimes I'm in the car and the song starts playing, and it surprises me so much... everything around me seems to lose its color and the world just becomes slow. I really really love it, the lyrics seemed so random at first but now I feel like they're an infinite world of words quickly encapsulated in those 6 minutes. I wish people appreciated it more  :ohno:

I feel like she's in a better place emotionally, hence the changed lyrics for TNBAR.

And does anyone know why hasn't the background picture changed yet? We have so many more beautiful pictures this era.

hope is such a powerful song. Sometimes I'm in the car and the song starts playing, and it surprises me so much... everything around me seems to lose its color and the world just becomes slow. I really really love it, the lyrics seemed so random at first but now I feel like they're an infinite world of words quickly encapsulated in those 6 minutes. I wish people appreciated it more  :ohno:

People on this board may not appreciate it more, but it's definitely largely considered one of the best songs she's ever written. Tons of reviews have singled it out as especially impressive. It's stunning.

What if she originally wrote BAR because she thought she was over Barrie, but she eventually changed it because she's not?

You all want her to get back with him so much lol

Well, California is pretty much confirmed to be about him and BAR always felt about him, but maybe she changed the lyrics because there’s no hard feelings anymore? (Like she now owns she was as obsessed as him about the BAR? I always saw a smirk and detachment to the orignal version, but the POV is changed with the new version)

Album was almost called "Bird World"

(which I would've been all about, birds are my favourite animal) x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS