Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

the aoty award is gonna be a boss fight between areola grenade, ed shitran, billy eyelash and tailor sniff   :crossed:

Actually, the ASIB soundtrack is the frontrunner at this point.

Ok not to harpoon the rankings and shit, but can we talk about how mature and how much growth this record displays? Like myGAWD. I'm amazed. Like it, seems real emotionally charged, but when u listen to everything, and just how fucking sturdy the songs' messages are? And what they mean, and what they don't mean, it's like fuck. How To Disappear highlights that imo

UV/Honeymoon

i mean i love this album but lets not be delusional it wont even get nominated for AOTY   :facepalm:

maybe she will get a best vocal pop album nomination or something like that, just like LFL, but the big awards will be always only for the most popular artists

I agree! My guess would be maybe Billie? But hopefully she is submitted for pop vocal.

Omg. imagine Billie and Lana both nominated for best alternative and Billie winning the award... like... it's not that she's not worthy of it but Lana is the og sadgirl, she's the one who paved the way for everybody else. she should have gotten a grammy by now, she really deserves it.

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

i mean i love this album but lets not be delusional it wont even get nominated for AOTY   :facepalm:

maybe she will get a best vocal pop album nomination or something like that, just like LFL, but the big awards will be always only for the most popular artists

Kacey Musgraves, Brandi Carile and H.E.R say hi.

EDIT: don't forget there are  8 nominees.

giphy.gif

Hi so i was on vacation when the album dropped

It's a masterpiece!

Love Song makes me cry, it's so good

CINNAMON GIRL THO

interesting thing that TNBAR has fading vocals left over from the demo, right before the chorus

(you did it all for fame fame fame fame)

(It was just that good)

negAbhB.png

Little update, the Metacritic score is now at 88 again based on 21 reviews. We really won this time

10 points higher than Honeymoon which was her most acclaimed body of work previously. Shook.

According to Metacritic, NFR is now the 11th most highly rated album released in 2019, and the 7th most highly rated by a woman!

And it could totally be the 10th or the 9th most highly rated album of 2019 because they have the same score, so the order doesn't matter.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

giphy.gif

Omg. imagine Billie and Lana both nominated for best alternative and Billie winning the award... like... it's not that she's not worthy of it but Lana is the og sadgirl, she's the one who paved the way for everybody else. she should have gotten a grammy by now, she really deserves it.

I know! Billie will be nominated because (and to be fair) it has been a big album. I just hope they aren't nominated against one another. 

Personally, I think Billie will be nominated for AOTY and I hope Lana isn't and nominated for Best Alt. Because she can win that.

I also think there will be big competition with Lizzo.