Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Sorry y’all-

I don’t know why but I am actually still annoyed/bummed that she got rid of the first “ring” on the intro to the Cinnamon chorus, from the clip she teased last year. It sounds so much better that way.

I’m just being nit-picky. Funny how the track I was looking forward to the most turned out to be so underwhelming because of one slight detail.

I can’t believe this album doesn’t have skips. I missed hearing her records all the way from the first to the last song like I do with Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. Instant classics.

Anyways, I was just thinking California might have been recorded in 2016 for what Lust For Life was supposed to be before she decided to fuck it up :defeated:

She has very long hair in the picture from the recording section plus she’s wearing a very tin eye-liner, just like in late 2016.

Also, she mentioned quite a handful of times how she wasn’t even writing before meeting Jack and at the time she had cut her hair already if I’m not wrong :eartha:

I’m sure she re-worked it and decided to put it on NFR!

Imagine how many other unreleased tracks didn’t make the cut and were scrapped only to be replaced by what we have on Lust For Life :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Lana's live stream for those of us who missed it 

https://youtu.be/Wfk5OtUP3pY

Omg I love that she mentioned she was self taught when it comes to writing, and that it’s important to write everyday. I really like that she doesn’t act like she has some crazy god given talent that cannot be recreated. Instead she got to the point of being one of the best songwriters of all time possibly by working at it.

I can’t believe this album doesn’t have skips. I missed hearing her records all the way from the first to the last song like I do with Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. Instant classics.

Anyways, I was just thinking California might have been recorded in 2016 for what Lust For Life was supposed to be before she decided to fuck it up :defeated:

She has very long hair in the picture from the recording section plus she’s wearing a very tin eye-liner, just like in late 2016.

Also, she mentioned quite a handful of times how she wasn’t even writing before meeting Jack and at the time she had cut her hair already if I’m not wrong :eartha:

I’m sure she re-worked it and decided to put it on NFR!

Imagine how many other unreleased tracks didn’t make the cut and were scrapped only to be replaced by what we have on Lust For Life :defeated:

sis really went from an album where all songs are skipped to an album where no song is skipped

I can mail you one!

Really? That would be awesome tho cuz I really wanted the CD saying "Norman Fucking Rockwell" and not just NFR

But you don't have to, only if it's like free for you or something  :creep:

PM me tho and we could talk about that

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I just wanna say this is probs gonna end up my fav Lana album (out of the ones we got so far) but I respect all opinions. She’s always been amazing and she hasn’t stopped being amazing. It’s wild everyone else is catching on.

Y’all, today I had the beautiful experience to listen to Cinnamon Girl in my brother in laws car with him driving, me in the passenger seat and my bf in the back, also who thought it was a good idea to make 2 door cars.. I hate them... anyway, so he turned up the volume, windows down, with the breeze blowing in and whewww it was an experience. It felt so good omg, a feeling I will not forget anytime soon. I then went to play California, but my freaking bf said to play “Doin Time” because it’s more upbeat I guess? And his brother who isn’t a Lana fan, I mean he knows her, likes a few songs here and there. But probably wouldn’t listen to her on his own, the way he’s stanned “Doin Time” like he was asking so many questions about it lol. Anyway he also liked Cinnamon Girl. Particularly the lime about pills because he loves his opioids and it’s the big reason why his girl left him... it got him in his feels but he loved it too. Wow. The way the GP is stanning these songs. I’m glad she included “Doin Time” on the album, and not going to lie... it sounded really good in his car. I haven’t had the chance to listen to the whole album in my own car yet because I don’t have the physical and my damn AUX input fucked up due to me stomping on it every time my fat ass gets out of the car so it messed up :(

person : read the one that'll make me cry about my ex

lana : haha

lana : *searches for poem*

The way she searched was soooo cute to me, idk why lol.

I could literally watch this woman just sit there all day and read comments and I’d have a huge smile on my face.

prepping myself for her classic/10 :trisha:

C4r2T8t.pngmMmJOPs.png8ZjPz6w.jpg

I'm still not sure if he's trolling or not. I can't bring myself to trust anybody who gave Ultraviolence 2/10, and for the most idiotic reasons. Quote from a so-called 'music reviewer':

The first track here is seven minutes long, and songs of that length become an issue when vocally, you have the personality of a wet paper towel, and all the characters in your songs read like a trashy romance novel

:lanasrs:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I'm still not sure if he's trolling or not. I can't bring myself to trust anybody who gave Ultraviolence 2/10, and for the most idiotic reasons. Quote from a so-called 'music reviewer':

:lanasrs:

did he lie with that quote though?

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

Can we all just take a moment to ... absorb the fact that her favourite lyric is "Hello it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad"?

I fucking died.

:bye3:

That's one of the lines that only her can understand and it's probably deeper than you think

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Idk why people here put so much weight in reviews, Metacritic, etc ... I mean, it's subjective as fuck. As is her winning or not winning a Grammy.

Lust for Life did pretty well critically and the consensus is that it's her weakest album.

I doubt sis gives much of a fuck about any of it ... she's been burnt by interviewers and critics in the past. I'm sure she cares if she wins a Grammy or not, but she would also be aware of how political that is.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

If anyone’s intrested - Lana is doing really good on streaming platforms. Just checked Spotify (on my phone so I don’t see everything) and DT, Norman and fuck it got more streams than yesterday. I think it’s gonna be bigger streaming week than 2 years ago with LFL which was supposed to be her more up-beat album. Quality won.

giphy.gif