Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I heard Burnt World too. Which actually makes more sense.

It was definitely Bird World (just watched the recording back) but I wonder what that means or if there was ever a song associated with it x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Well, that's an interesting question, but if you don't like her voice or her lyrics, why are you here?

imo the vocals on Cruel World were not that great and it's just an incredible boring song to me so i can't help but agree with him!

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

WHAT THE FUCK OH MY GOD I just got my copy

of NFR from urban and the vinyl has different production on Fuck it I Love You omg WIG SNATCHED. 

This album. This woman. I just cannnnnnooooooooootttttt even. 

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10278-norman-fucking-rockwell-pre-release-thread/page-3357&do=findComment&comment=824037

Lana’s lyrics have never been about originality or breaking literary grounds; rather, they’re broad impressionistic strokes that marry music to evoke feeling and mood. Think the paintings of Monét translated into musical form. It’s not about the detail, but the feeling that is cultivated, and that feeling transporting you to a particular place or time.

I feel prophetic! Lana come thru with the Monet video for Love Song PLEASE  :defeated:

Just noticed that some melodies from the NFR demo are similar to the ones on RBFY.

"...Your fucking friends, but I don't care..."/"...And now life's a dream, life's a dream..."

8nl2OpX.png

Who cares about what happened in Budapest? We want to know what happened in Boston xvYwjQr.gif

I've been trying to peek around to put two and two together.. whatever it was, it happened early October. She was in Rhode Island October 3rd & in New York with Jack on October 5th, the same day she shared the first HTD snippet along with another video captioned "pre-recording dance." The only other significant thing that happened around that time was when she dragged Kanye West on Instagram on September 29th, so maybe there was some drama surrounding that incident that really upset her? I mean, she did namedrop Kanye in another song, so... idk, maybe one of life's unanswered mysteries x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS