Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

honestly i was thinking it'd be kinda a fun thing to see her do something like that livestream where she talked abt her fave unreleased/sung bits of them but just like sung her songs that fans request

i'm thinking that'd b too surreal, but with things are atm, I honestly think anything's possible. the stayhome concerts thru insta are amazing 

UV/Honeymoon

So this might b totally random, but what do u think the chances are that she'd perform a few tracks over a livestream or something ? 

No, she is too lazy to make a livestream.

Mfhp.gif

Noooo. She speaks about him kindly and describes him as talented and very funny guy.

They hung out after NFR dropped for lives etc. They recorded LFA together and she dragged his ass to the studio.

Nah. She clearly adores him

It wasn't really a serious theory, I'm just not really a fan of the album or his production so I thought it'd be kinda funny if it was about him, but yeah they really do seem to get along great and it's cute seeing them spend time together outside of the studio

So this might b totally random, but what do u think the chances are that she'd perform a few tracks over a livestream or something ? 

I am with you on this thought too. *2 thumbs up*

After cancelling all concerts due to some ___?____  reasons (maybe it was the virus, or her voice ? )

And

in these times of crisis where EVERYONE is at home in quarantine, what better way to reach out to ALL of her fans worldwide

and get even more future fans, than to make a livestream mini-concert.  Perhaps done from her backyard or in the basement.

Or

at least get a piano and guitar player and sing a song or 2 for everyone !   I am sure everyone would apreciate this gesture and

many more people would buy more of her records.    It´s the FANS who buy her records, so she can get money to go to Disney Land.

Come on Girl, surprise us in these times of crisis !

If she keeps quiet for too long, people will lose interest.

Which means no one buying more records, and no more money for Lana to party.

-

I am with you on this thought too. *2 thumbs up*

After cancelling all concerts due to some ___?____  reasons (maybe it was the virus, or her voice ? )

And

in these times of crisis where EVERYONE is at home in quarantine, what better way to reach out to ALL of her fans worldwide

and get even more future fans, than to make a livestream mini-concert.  Perhaps done from her backyard or in the basement.

Or

at least get a piano and guitar player and sing a song or 2 for everyone !   I am sure everyone would apreciate this gesture and

many more people would buy more of her records.    It´s the FANS who buy her records, so she can get money to go to Disney Land.

Come on Girl, surprise us in these times of crisis !

If she keeps quiet for too long, people will lose interest.

Which means no one buying more records, and no more money for Lana to party.

not to mean it as anything else, but I think and a lot of peeps on here, genuinely don't think she will. It'd be nice, but yeah lol 

UV/Honeymoon

not to mean it as anything else, but I think and a lot of peeps on here, genuinely don't think she will. It'd be nice, but yeah lol 

I know, I know,  :(

I´m almost like John Lennon....

Just another dreamer... but just imagine...

Imagine there's no Lanaaaa
It's easy if you try
No Del Rey below us
Above us only Lizzie skies
Imagine all the people listening to her records just tooooday..ay..ay

Imagine there's no music
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to mix or scratch for
And no disco too
Imagine all the people breakdancing life away, youuuuu...u..u

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

giphy.gif

-

I know, I know,  :(

I´m almost like John Lennon....

Just another dreamer... but just imagine...

Imagine there's no Lanaaaa
It's easy if you try
No Del Rey below us
Above us only Lizzie skies
Imagine all the people listening to her records just tooooday..ay..ay

Imagine there's no music
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to mix or scratch for
And no disco too
Imagine all the people breakdancing life away, youuuuu...u..u

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

giphy.gif

LOOOOOOL ok ok Gal Gadot, no it's all good, personally here for it, but I mean. not expecting n e thing

UV/Honeymoon

Just listened to the album for the first time without the songs that didn't fit for me in it since the beggining (Doin Time, California, TNBAR, Bartender). Also with LFA as the last song, after HIADT. The experience has been truly beautiful and now I can see, finally, why all the critics are on their knees about the album, and why it's being considered a masterpiece and her most mature work. Even with the production flaws and the tired vibe that's all around the album, I truly felt it on a deep level. It touched something very inside. Don't know if you all have done the same as I did today -removing those songs-, but I highly encourage to do that if you haven't.

Just listened to the album for the first time without the songs that didn't fit for me in it since the beggining (Doin Time, California, TNBAR, Bartender). Also with LFA as the last song, after HIADT. The experience has been truly beautiful and now I can see, finally, why all the critics are on their knees about the album, and why it's being considered a masterpiece and her most mature work. Even with the production flaws and the tired vibe that's all around the album, I truly felt it on a deep level. It touched something very inside. Don't know if you all have done the same as I did today -removing those songs-, but I highly encourage to do that if you haven't.

Sounds like a Home-Quarantine Challenge 

I will do it   :)

Muchas Gracias por su sugerencia !

Te deseo lo mejor

Cheers

MAX

-

Lust For Life - Covid 19 Edition

Love

Lust For Life

13 Sneezes

Cherry Cough Drop

White Hazmat Suit

Summer Bummer

In My Lungs

Coachella - Canceled

God Bless America (And All The Boomers In It)

When The World Was Social Distancing We Just Kept Dancing

Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems

Tomorrow Never Came

Change

Get Outside

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

The Most Captivating play through of NFR:

01. Love Song

02. Mariners Apartment Complex

03. Cinnamon

04. Happiness Is A Butterfly

05. Bartender

06. How To Disappear

07. Norman Fucking Rockwell

08. California

09. Fuck It, I Love You

10. Venice Bitch

11. Looking For America

12. The Greatest

Ok so respecting ur feelings, bc ofc, but whaaaaaaaaat. The coldness of DT, the desperation in California, how meta TNBAR is, how softly eerie Bartender is. Whaaaaaaat

How was it tho for ya, geniuinely

UV/Honeymoon

Ok so respecting ur feelings, bc ofc, but whaaaaaaaaat. The coldness of DT, the desperation in California, how meta TNBAR is, how softly eerie Bartender is. Whaaaaaaat

How was it tho for ya, geniuinely

Not that I necessarily dislike those songs (even if California and TNBAR are quite boring and uninspired for me), they just don't go well with the album's sonority. It felt so cohesive and flowed so, so naturally and sensefully without them.

The transition from FIILY to Love Song, p.example, was absolutely smooth and beautiful without DT in between.

Not that I necessarily dislike those songs (even if California and TNBAR are quite boring and uninspired for me), they just don't go well with the album's sonority. It felt so cohesive and flowed so, so naturally and sensefully without them.

The transition from FIILY to Love Song, p.example, was absolutely smooth and beautiful without DT in between.

Was playing it earlier and skipping the tracks, and sonically, its goes a lot smoother. 

Do you think the tracks were worth putting on the record, if at all? Granted, I think it was a bit random adding DT on there, but I also think it's a great reset song. California and TNBAR the conflict tracks I get how they'd sound a bit vapid w lines, Bartender's a cooldown track forsure. I get that it's a diff of opinion, but did ya just blurt them out? 

UV/Honeymoon

Was playing it earlier and skipping the tracks, and sonically, its goes a lot smoother. 

Do you think the tracks were worth putting on the record, if at all? Granted, I think it was a bit random adding DT on there, but I also think it's a great reset song. California and TNBAR the conflict tracks I get how they'd sound a bit vapid w lines, Bartender's a cooldown track forsure. I get that it's a diff of opinion, but did ya just blurt them out? 

I'm glad that you found the listening experience smoother that way, too ;)  I don't think, actually, that the album loses anything if removing them, but exactly the opposite. Maybe they would have been nice as bonus tracks, but in the context of the album, they don't truly add, from my perspective. Even Bartender, which I love as a song, sounds out of place there.

I love TNBAR I think it fits pretty nice with the rest of the tracklist. But I agree that DT doesn’t really fit nicely.

Agree with you that DT, while being a fun summer track, is not in the same vein as the other songs. But it’s the bop that album needed, honestly. Love NFR, love its subtleties and its overall feeling, but DT brings a little lightness to it, even if it doesn’t feel connected to the rest of the album.