Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

god I wish Lana would do a damn documentary or some video interview where the interviewer just sits back and films Lana and Jack doing whatever in the studio. I think that the magic Lana has in the studio is one of the most interesting qualities about her as all of her producers have talked about how amazing she is yet we've barely seen any videos of her creating a demo / finalizing a song. I would literally die to see Lana do a Gaga: Five Foot Two type of movie

I'm pretty sure Chuck has like years and years of behind-the-scenes footage. I wouldn't be shocked if she also documented some studio moments. Maybe Chuck's saving it for when her career is truly dead and dusted?

In the midst of everything happening in the world, both the Greatest and When The WorldWas at War now take a new meaning.

Her voice on the verses of The Greatest sounds so beautiful.

Was just intently listening to this and FIILY, in its music video sequence and man it resonated so much more today. The piano keys towards the end got me looking down longing for life

UV/Honeymoon

Was just intently listening to this and FIILY, in its music video sequence and man it resonated so much more today. The piano keys towards the end got me looking down longing for life

This music video makes me wish for something else... :facepalm:

I think I better just listen... lol :D

Jokes aside... I'm taking advantage of the isolation to listen to Lana's albums completely (again) and I've been discovering things that I hadn't noticed before (with the due attention they deserved). And I think I'm surrendering to "Love Song", after all these months.

giphy.gif

This music video makes me wish for something else... :facepalm:

I think I better just listen... lol :D

Jokes aside... I'm taking advantage of the isolation to listen to Lana's albums completely (again) and I've been discovering things that I hadn't noticed before (with the due attention they deserved). And I think I'm surrendering to "Love Song", after all these months.

Loooooooool

That's great. I usually listened to the record driving home after class. The skies would get dark after sunset and it'd just b beautiful on the highway

Love song's a whole experience. It's so stripped back and simple. The melody sort of just skips (footwise) so effortlessly. The chorus, like a soft ocean wave rolling. The violins bridge it together, and the horns remind me of sunrise and early morning. The piano keys remind me of slow driving

Have fuuuuun

UV/Honeymoon

I didn't expect to enjoy Bartender that much. 

Actually I listen to the 3 songs from the NFR video way more than I do California. 

My Ultraviolence stan ass loved California for the wrong reasons (sort of), when really NFR has such an amazing unique universe and the triple video really shows that

The night NFR! came out I was in Texas visiting friends, with my best friend. I live on the East Coast, so I had access to it early when compared to Texas since we were one time zone behind. My best friend and I just laid in bed listening to it in the dark, just amazed. I'm pretty sure we might have been drunk after a night out lol but that was just a magical night

really hope i can reclaim this album from memories of being with my ex but i'll get there lol

The entire next day I just listened to Love song on repeat and almost cried the entire time because I felt so strongly w that song

negAbhB.png

NFR songs as Top/Bottom/Vers - final verdicts:

Norman Fucking Rockwell: power bottom

Mariners Apartment Complex: top

Venice Bitch: bottom

Fuck It, I Love You: bottom

Love Song: bottom

Cinnamon Girl: bottom

How to Disappear: vers

California: bottom

The Next Best American Record: vers

The Greatest: bottom

Bartender: vers

Happiness Is a Butterfly: bottom

Hope Is a Keyboard Smash: bottom

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

NFR songs as Top/Bottom/Vers - final verdicts:

Norman Fucking Rockwell: power bottom

Mariners Apartment Complex: power bottom*

Venice Bitch: bottom

Fuck It, I Love You: bottom

Love Song: bottom

Cinnamon Girl: bottom

How to Disappear: vers

California: bottom

The Next Best American Record: vers

The Greatest: bottom

Bartender: vers

Happiness Is a Butterfly: bottom

Hope Is a Keyboard Smash: bottom

Critically acclaimed bottom

UV/Honeymoon

My theory is that NFR is about Jack lol, she started working with him bc he's supposed to be this great musical genius or something, and when they met she realized he's a lil pretentious and thinks he's the shit and she was like "I'm gonna have this guy produce a record that he doesn't even know is about him." Her mind

My theory is that NFR is about Jack lol, she started working with him bc he's supposed to be this great musical genius or something, and when they met she realized he's a lil pretentious and thinks he's the shit and she was like "I'm gonna have this guy produce a record that he doesn't even know is about him." Her mind

Noooo. She speaks about him kindly and describes him as talented and very funny guy.

They hung out after NFR dropped for lives etc. They recorded LFA together and she dragged his ass to the studio.

Nah. She clearly adores him

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

So this might b totally random, but what do u think the chances are that she'd perform a few tracks over a livestream or something ? 

honestly i was thinking it'd be kinda a fun thing to see her do something like that livestream where she talked abt her fave unreleased/sung bits of them but just like sung her songs that fans request

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother